Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Quote[/b] ]Its incredible how ugly the new soldiers are the older ones looked much better

oh yeh i forgot that a requirement of the US or UK army is that

'soldier must be physically beautiful'

get over it.

--

sorry, had to get that off my chest

BIS, Im impressed! I didnt expect the graphics to become this good!

Congratulations! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Its incredible how ugly the new soldiers are the older ones looked much better

Cant make every one happy im affraid confused_o.gif

Im just waiting for the 'OMG!! his helmet has a slightly different chinstrap then the ones used by so and so country!! its not realitcz!!11 OMFG BIS U SUCKORZ!!' type comments we always seem to get every time new screens are released..

Cant make every one happy im affraid  confused_o.gif

Im just waiting for the 'OMG!! his helmet has a slightly different chinstrap then the ones used by so and so country!! its not realitcz!!11 OMFG BIS U SUCKORZ!!' type comments we always seem to get every time new screens are released..

Just had a word with BIS, and yep they sent me their latest outfits.......

dafthelmet.jpg

...... Sorry, .... just couldn't resist it!   headdance.gif  roll.gif

Not as good as textures in Battlefield 2, but definitely ArmA is more epical than EA title smile_o.gif If 100% of Sahrani has same details as screenshots ArmA will be terrific, and probably new quality in computer games history...

Not as good as textures in Battlefield 2, but definitely ArmA is more epical than EA title smile_o.gif If 100% of Sahrani has same details as screenshots ArmA will be terrific, and probably new quality in computer games history...

textures? smile_o.gif just look at Oblivion , within week(s) after release people were not satisfied with "look" and new texture packs appeared ... and they are like twice as good than original smile_o.gif

BIS seems to be using 1024x** and 512x** textures while most community made texture improvements are 2048x**. Of course BIS could make high resolution textures for every object in game, but they have to think about gamers with lower end machines too wink_o.gif.

With bumb & normal maps and custom shaders, we can squeeze everything out of the engine, just like Oblivion community does smile_o.gif.

BIS seems to be using 1024x** and 512x** textures while most community made texture improvements are 2048x**. Of course BIS could make high resolution textures for every object in game, but they have to think about gamers with lower end machines too wink_o.gif.

With bumb & normal maps and custom shaders, we can squeeze everything out of the engine, just like Oblivion community does smile_o.gif.

I hope the ground texture thingy is fixed for a very nice looking ground you need at least a 1024x1024 as the entire texture is placed over 1 cell, and the problem is you can't set it to repeat more often.

Quote[/b] ]Armed Assault models have (in average) about 2x - 3x times higher polycount than Resistance ones. Used textures are usually 1024x1024 and 2048x2048. There should be as few textures on model as possible. Is better use one big texture instead of two smaller ones. Models can be textured with normalmaps and specularmaps or detailtexture. You should also prepare ShadowVolume geometry for casting shadows on objects. Even on itself. It means it shouldn't be sticking out of the model at any place and should be under 300 poly. There is not necessary for ShadowVolume to be convex.

anyone else notice that the soldier doesnt cast a shadow on himself or his equipment?

look at his head, see how hit helmet doesnt cast a shadow over the side of his head, and how the head it self is being lit up by the sun through the helmet.. hope they fix that.

this looks alot more natural with the correct shadowing.

10408483662.jpg

Guest Ti0n3r

Looool, of course they'll fix it. icon5.gif

I think I just died,went to heaven and died again...that is just...holy crap! Man,armed assault...I was not expecting this after seeing the OFP:E similar screenshots,talk about awe...Damnit I need a new keyboard now! >.< Best easter even,I can't wait...damn I'm gonna shit myself when I play x.x I mean talk about photorealistic..the unfirom detail definatly beats BF2's http://www.bistudio.com/games/aa/ArmA_hires_04.png and the one with the T-72's and BMP2...man...hell now I see what they meant when they said Armed Assault is becomming more like game2....

Nice new screenshots!

Only thing I dislike is this blue'ish colors..., same like OFP.

ArmA_04_org.jpg

Why not more like this?

ArmA_04_edit.jpg

MfG Lee

Nice new screenshots!

Only thing I dislike is this blue'ish colors..., same like OFP.

I know what you mean, the blue doesn't really look like mist.

Quote[/b] ]in the picture with the two soldiers standing guard the yellow sign reads: This area is under construction. Do not send us bug reports until this poster is removed. and on the bottom its signed by "ADA" (one of the people working with BI team). i'm pretty sure thats what it says

Anyone else notice that that building is literally under construction too? There are scaffolds next to it that you can see in that picture and of the soldier standing in the street.

I think it's like that to stay similar to OFP, that or the weather determins the general colour.. But, I quite like how it is just now, and besides, something like DXDLL (or maybe even dxdll will work), and you can sort it yourself smile_o.gif

Oh, Mr Codarl pointed out the writing on the sign, which is a slight beetch to read, so, using the Photoshop Binoculars..

128903212_bf05a963c9_t.jpg

xmas_o.gif

- Ben

Wasn't 100% what that bit says, but I assume it's the intials of someone in the BIS team (Map-creator I assume tounge2.gif )

- Ben

Away better than the older screenshots.

Many mprovments wow_o.gifwink_o.gif

...now, if Armed Assault look like this...damnit...i can`t even imagine how Game2 is like wow_o.gif.

...now, if Armed Assault look like this...damnit...i can`t even imagine how Game2 is like wow_o.gif.

BIS members will show up at your house with MILES gear and tanks.

personally I am happy right now with those screenshots and I don't feel that there are anymore improvements that MUST be made (from what I can see).

that's nicely placed ad smile_o.gif

considering only who is on first page is MS, Intel and new Lara Croft game