Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

I certainly don't wish to piss on anybodys parade but correct me if i'm wrong in that these visuals could also be achieved with the current OFP.

LOL you must be blind, OFPR and VBS1 lighting and shadows cant compare with the newer engine in Armed Assault.

The game will look a lot better actually playing it instead of watching some low res video with compression that has a lot of color loss, you can clearly see missing colors in the smoke because of the video compression just like compression does in JPEG images.

Compare this pic of a russian fellar in ofp with that video smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

I hope that face is not your or of a your friend!

Klavan

I was refering to current available addons and reworked configs but thanks for giving me a belly busting laugh with that picture. He certainly is a handsome dude. A typical russian i presume  tounge2.gif

Also AUS_Twisted you've converted me because i didn't notice the lighting as it looks natural which although being far superior to OFP in the real world it's just normal, so hard to notice...

hehe, nice teeth, though, ey?

Have you noticed also in OFP (also your pick Espectro) how the soldiers hands often have a different skin colour to his face?  biggrin_o.gif  I hope ArmA will have fixed that too! arse.gif

Great to see that new ArmA trailer though. I don't think the poor video quality helped to show it off very well though but the atmosphere was there and a great draw distance!  Oh those mountains! sheepskip.gif

The animations are looking nice now too. I just hope they fixed that dislocated arm! wink.gif

I was refering to current available addons and reworked configs but thanks for giving me a belly busting laugh with that picture. He certainly is a handsome dude. A typical russian i presume tounge2.gif

Also AUS_Twisted you've converted me because i didn't notice the lighting as it looks natural which although being far superior to OFP in the real world it's just normal, so hard to notice...

Don't forget that Armed Assault is the game that ends the need for any other game! wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

They should put a warning on the box cover: "Can change your few about games dramatic. You will dislike 99% of the new games because they are nothing compared to this game!" After the health-warning about drugs of course, because Armed Assault has the same impact on your nerves system as cocaine tounge2.gif

Wow, really nice...I`m impressed, even though the music is kinda, well...ya know...from my poin of view...(etc.)

nvm that, It looks great wink_o.gif

nice work BIS notworthy.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Ondrej Matejka is a genious, you just don't understand his music.

Nah, just from my point of view wink_o.gif

The trailer is great.

Amazing graphics, animations, vehicles, etc.

Well done BIS Team!

MfG Lee notworthy.gif

(Finally I can Post!wink_o.gif

WOW! I'm so disgustingly happy about ArmA. I simply cannot wait. Seeing the soldier on the mountain looking down into a valley just makes me start thinking.

*Assault on a city...sniper support from a mile away*

Also just urban helicopter LZ's..wow.

I think I might explode...

just saw the e3 trailer video, way to go BIS you guys really did an awsme job. looking forward to this game so much definately looks like the best military fp shooter/ infantry combat sim game ever. keep it up BIS you guys are going to really do well with trhis game upon release.

Its a pretty good trailer, I wonder why the frame rate was really low when that truck was passing by.

The music is excellent!

Looking good.

I think there might be a few more vehicles in the final release than shown in the video. I do remember a screenshot with a Ural with no canvas tarp covering the back, I'm sure there will be a open 5ton truck also.

Keep in mind also that when Operation Flashpoint first came out it didn't include the Apache, Chinook, Kiowa, BMP2, BRDM, Hummer, Frogfoot, Trabant, M167 or Bradley. Those were added later in upgrade patches. It's a little funny how this time the BMP2 is already in but perhaps the BMP1 might be the upgrade pack vehicle this time.

Quote[/b] ]Have you noticed also in OFP how the soldiers hands often have a different skin colour to his face?

This is because the hands have camo paint on them or at least thats what i think is the reason.

Nice Hummve with a tow launcher!

While my theory about no jets (not planes) in the game stands still, as long as mod makers CAN include them then great.

I wonder if the MG on the tank in manable cause that would rock!

All and all it looks like OFP with alot of improvment. I will be getting this game for sure. Hope they find a pub soon cause the game looks ready.

Great job guys!

Quote[/b] ]Have you noticed also in OFP how the soldiers hands often have a different skin colour to his face?

This is because the hands have camo paint on them or at least thats what i think is the reason.

I thought they were supposed to be gloves..

(well, either that or they are made out of wood, because thats what those hands look like  rofl.gif )

EDIT: But the ArmA heads/hands look extremely realistic to me! smile_o.gif

Just saw the video and whoa,BIS sure has been busy and are doing an excellent job,I love how in the animations of the walking soldiers...so smooth and their body's move up and down alittle bit as they walk. And I could be wrong but I think the blackhawk at the urban LZ has reflections on the glass! (watch the doors mostly)

The entire soldier model and textures look very realistic,their movement so smooth,I like the movement,gives good atmosphere,the view distance is incredible and the soldiers looking around is defnatly a plus. Who can't love the part where the soldiers are overlooking a city? And the end of the move is great,I'm glad to see BIS didnt pretty up the pics afterall,its all as it looks. notworthy.gif We love you BIS!

I can only imagine the possibilitys of planning an attack on a city that is 1/2 mile below you *drools*

this game is endless!

Could this be a river?  wow_o.gif  Or a canal?  ...Right at the end of the new video where the soldier is looking out over the valley there is a winding black?? If it is a road why does it appear to have a shore? It is also in the bottom of the valley and has no markings. It could just be a road with markings not showing due to distance and the shore is ??. dunno.gif. Any thoughts?

If you are talking about the thing on the closest side of the valley, I think it is an asphalt road with a gravel shoulder -- notice that it intersects with another such feature off to the left.

Wonder if the theme used on the trailer will be ingame..or a longer version.

Wonder if the theme used on the trailer will be ingame..or a longer version.

I hope, I think it would make a great supplementary theme to OFPs original.