Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Well in OFP:E birds are a pain to hit, but you can kill them. Pretty boring afterwards just staring at a dead bird...

I wish BIS wouldnt waste it's time with gimmicks like constellations and animals, I mean one thing is maybe a seagull but INSECTS? Come on, waste of time BIS.

I love all that crap.

Dito. I know no other game where you can navigate by the stars. I had a love/hate relationship to that campaign mission in OFP where you had to escape from russian imprisonment. rofl.gif

I wish BIS wouldnt waste it's time with gimmicks like constellations and animals, I mean one thing is maybe a seagull but INSECTS? Come on, waste of time BIS.

They are far from gimmicks, they make the game world very real.

They are far from gimmicks, they make the game world very real.

Indeed GBee it dose. After playing OFP fo 4 years with no wild life then playing OFP:E since it came out with insects and birds it just makes the world a lot more believable.

Guest Ti0n3r

I loved all the worthless gimmicks of OFP. So the more worthless gimmicks they can fit in ArmA, the better fy-fon.gif

I loved all the worthless gimmicks of OFP. So the more worthless gimmicks they can fit in ArmA, the better fy-fon.gif

At least these gimmicks helped immersion into the game world.

In Soldner, all you had were these crappy emot-actions that didn't fit the context of the mercenary theme.

Hi all

The latest video is great.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?newlang=eng

I love the shadows on the soldiers as they move in and out of the sunlight.

The texture detail on boulders makes me want to climb them.

You can see how effective the normal mapping is in the shot that passses over the helmet of the soldier on the hill. Every crease, fold and split in the fabric over the helmet is visable.

Kind Regards Walker

Hahaha ... insects???????

OFPE story says it all.

Without those little bastards OFP/ARMA is just a dead place, no fun at all. I prefer OFPE over OFP anytime.

Hi all

The latest video is great.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?newlang=eng

I love the shadows on the soldiers as they move in and out of the sunlight.

The texture detail on boulders makes me want to climb them.

You can see how effective the normal mapping is in the shot that passses over the helmet of the soldier on the hill. Every crease, fold and split in the fabric over the helmet is visable.

Kind Regards Walker

Just one word for the things shown in this video:

AMAZING

I am impressed, i really didnt expect something like this! biggrin_o.gif

Yeah BIS, you got another million+ selling game there! smile_o.gif

Nice trailer , it was more of a show stuff and less of action type , show off the storyline trailer that the old ofp trailer was but i think this trailer will do its job too smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Speculation wink_o.gif

Probably...though, if BIS is gonna hold their H1 release, June 30 is the last date they can release it...and didn't both OFP and Res get released around that date? tounge2.gif

Uh oh...this site says ArmA got a release date on June 30 2006...in Germany... huh.gif

I can see only one damned spammer for armed-assault.net *g* German sides write a lot. They can give maybe even a date, no quarter. smile_o.gif

Very impressive new trailer video.

The animations seem really perfect, the colors and lighting are really good, the models are superb, really a trailer that achieved to make me "drooling"

Can't wait for this game to be released, will certainly make a comined arms assault on a store to get it extracted from the shelves and evacuated directly to my computer.

(oops, wanted to post in the IDEA - E3 thread, it seems having several tabs opened in your browser can be confusing sometime wink_o.gif )

yup nice vid.

looks like the bbigwigs where here to czech the response too smile_o.gif

bigwigs6gj.jpg

hope the demo follows soon or rather the gold release smile_o.gif

Nice video! I loved the new animations. The enviroments looked damn nice and pretty huge. Smoke effect could be tweaked but I bet it looks better in game than on the video.

New vehicles, MG on Abrams and new music... inlove.gif

I certainly don't wish to piss on anybodys parade but correct me if i'm wrong in that these visuals could also be achieved with the current OFP. I see no differance in any movements or other but maybe that's because i've seen it with VBS1 so i'm subconsciously not able to see anything out of the ordinary. I do hope that the flyby sequence did not show the entire collection of vehicles that will be available ingame.

Also on a side note i'm atleast hopeing the vehicles will be on a par with VBS vehicles (textures) as the new soldier models certainly look as good if not slightly better...

I certainly don't wish to piss on anybodys parade but correct me if i'm wrong in that these visuals could also be achieved with the current OFP.

Without normal mapping/support for new hardware/etc? Never! tounge2.gif

The animations seem really perfect.....

Well of course they do; you had a big hand in them, didn't ya?

wink_o.gif

I certainly don't wish to piss on anybodys parade but correct me if i'm wrong in that these visuals could also be achieved with the current OFP. I see no differance in any movements or other but maybe that's because i've seen it with VBS1 so i'm subconsciously not able to see anything out of the ordinary. I do hope that the flyby sequence did not show the entire collection of vehicles that will be available ingame.

Also on a side note i'm atleast hopeing the vehicles will be on a par with VBS vehicles (textures) as the new soldier models certainly look as good if not slightly better...

Compare this pic of a russian fellar in ofp with that video smile_o.gif

flashpointresistance2006050821.jpg

soldier.jpg