Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Nah..its good..and at a distance does better than woodland and most desert camo's do,the pixel like stuff blends better together rather than the "splotchy" paint like appearence..thing.

ACU stands out a lot, atleast from what i heard and seen of it. In forests it looks like you were wearing white and in desert its too darkish.

I'm talking about woodland ACU,not the desert ACU,desert I could understand...from what I read the US military is currently more concerned about identification rather than camoflauge,they can make all the patterns in the world but it will enver truly hide you,and with growing technology,the issue of mistaking a friendly for a foe grows as well,or sort of..I duno..was a bunch of FF goin on at the start.

Ok, GBee and Dwarden here we go:

hmmwvprototype.jpg

You will notice the differences mainly on the hood, the tires and the windshield.

I had to dive on my files a little bit to find that old picture. biggrin_o.gif

Did'ja notice they also mentioned 3Ghz in this last review? (as accurate as the reviewer was icon_rolleyes.gif )

64 players and 100-200 AI? Shweet! yay.gif

The goal was ~2km as default. About 6 months ago.

it still is 2 km as default, but the new maximum is rumored to be 10 KM wink_o.gif .

Guest Ti0n3r

That's what I was trying to point out:)

10km view distance with more than ~1FPS? Let's dream on! yay.gif

Hm...the rounded line in the hood around the lights,adding a "jeep" like feature..the windshield seems tilted forward,windows are smaller,doors are curved,the second light on the right isn't there,the hood has a more boxy shape on it than a V with the parts that stick out..and theres no vent (or w/e it is) there in the hood itself,the larger cylinder thingy and the tires..and whatever the hell that box is on the top,thanks hmmwv,never knew that biggrin_o.gif

Since not many people reading this thread will have read anything in the Czech thread..

adamicz 's post has some scans of a magazine, with more screenshots

From an older version of ArmA I think.. Not sure how recent..

- Ben

notworthy.gif hmmwv biggrin_o.gif thanks for posting smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]10km view distance with more than ~1FPS? Let's dream on!

Great stuff - at least we know BIS are future-proofing their product for the distant future when we all have 6GHz+ monster machines smile_o.gif

Thanks for the pics hmmwv. I can see the differences now, though they are fairly subtle overall smile_o.gif

Since not many people reading this thread will have read anything in the Czech thread..

adamicz 's post has some scans of a magazine, with more screenshots

From an older version of ArmA I think.. Not sure how recent..

- Ben

Ikonboard CGI Error Ikonboard has exited with the following error:

Can't query the data from 'forum_posts' Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '=, 15'

This error was reported at: line 1 Query: SELECT * FROM forum_posts WHERE TOPIC_ID = '50524' AND QUEUED <> '1' ORDER BY POST_DATE ASC LIMIT 30=, 15

Please note that your 'real' paths have been removed to protect your information.

Delete end = from the link, although it seems to be the same German mag scans people have already discussed.

This is Not Offtopic

Improved Simulation of Urban Areas. VBS2 provides improved simulation of complex urban areas, including dynamically destructible buildings (ask for a demonstration at ITEC), round penetration through walls and operable doors that can be destroyed. The particle system has been optimized allowing for large amounts of dust, smoke and haze for more realistic combat environments. Tracers are improved and now ricochet off objects and the ground in a realistic fashion. Collision detection and engine physics have been vastly improved, allowing participants to smoothly control entities within built up areas and around buildings without collision problems.

Link source

VBS1 did Not have ricochet off objects and the ground.

There for if we we have information that ARMA have ricochet off objects and the ground will exist.

Then can i assume ARMA will also have dynamically destructible buildings, round penetration through walls and operable doors that can be destroyed?

biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

.: ARMA will look more like VBS2

Quote[/b] ]Then can i assume ARMA will also have dynamically destructible buildings, round penetration through walls and operable doors that can be destroyed?

Not really, because VBS and arma are completely different things.

Quote[/b] ]Then can i assume ARMA will also have dynamically destructible buildings, round penetration through walls and operable doors that can be destroyed?

differents in what way?

Price?

differents in what way?

Price?

That article you were quoteing before was about VBS2 (NOT VBS), which shares its engine with Game2... not OFP or ArmA. So just because one thing that will be in Game2/VBS2 found its way into ArmA (a relatively small thing at that) does not mean large things such as dynamic destruction will be there.

ArmA probly isn't going to look much like VBS2 at all really... its nothing more then an advanced Flashpoint. As where Game2/VBS2 are new engines with many features ArmA will not have.

from the recent german mag preview:

Interesting Information

Most buildings will not be enterable or destructible

AI units should be more intelligent but this was not evident in the play test

Jets are still not decided upon

12 missions versus 40 in operation flashpoint

The graphics are still not completed – the soldiers cast no shadows for example

Release Date – 3rd Quarter 2006

Vehicles will have six layers of detail and double the polygon count

All vehicles will have multiple player postions

very interesting if you ask me  wink_o.gif

Vehicles will have six layers of detail

Do they mean LODs? huh.gif

Do they mean LODs?  huh.gif

for example bump mapping (aka normal map), not sure what all six are tho. specular, diffusion, texture (of course) layers could be some.

edit: btw LOD stands for level of detail not layers of detail.

"The VBS2 engine, due for release in Q3 this year, is being developed in accordance with the user requirement of customer organisations based upon their experiences with VBS1." from the same vbs2 press relase^

VBS and ArmA/Game2 are different things, but I`m sure the development of VBS has some influence on the games.

VBS2 is going to be relased in Q3 this year? Or only "the VBS2 engine" will be relased in Q3 this year.

If those features mentioned in this press relase aren`t going to sneak into ArmA, they`ll hopefully be in game2, which as we know shares the engine with VBS2. So is it safe to say that game2 will have it`s engine finished Q3 this year?

Do they mean LODs?  huh.gif

edit: btw LOD stands for level of detail not layers of detail.

I know, thats why i was confused tounge2.gif