Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

hows about stop flip floping around with the front page of this site and do some real work pls

rofl.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

W00t! New superb pics of US soldiers in ACU cam.

I'll read the interview later, for now - I must dance like an idiot for 30 minutes yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]FiringSquad: What can you tell us about some of the more unique features from this game that will make it stand out from the crowd?

Paul R. Statham: things such as: Multiple gunner positions on vehicles

yay.gifinlove.gifyay.gifinlove.gifyay.gifinlove.gifyay.gifinlove.gifyay.gif

Many interesting features are confirmed now. yay.gifyay.gif

Thanks plaintiff and bush!

Quote[/b] ]bullet kinetic energy

Finally I get to use the banana smiley too. tounge2.gif

yay.gif

Quote from the interview: Paul R. Statham:...If we were to try to release some kind of half baked, dumbed down concept in our new game we'd most likely be lynched, so fortunately for us that was something we could never consider... biggrin_o.gif

Does this need a comment at all?

Another qoute: ...if you stare at the sun you damage your eyesight, common sense really!... OMG!!! can it get more realistyc than i thought?

And another: ...Then a level beyond that we're going to have hard coded into the game a mode of play similar to the immensely popular capture the island, this aims to be a persistent, largescale conflict, fought over the whole island for hours, even days at a time... YESSS!!!

Go BIS, we're with you all the way!

Great find, plaintiff1 and bush smile_o.gif

Edit: yay.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Definetly the most informative interview since a few months back. Accurate weapon recoils sounds very nice. It was one of the things I always missed in vanilla Ofp.

PS: It's always on a Friday wow_o.gif

I hope they give those CTIs a more realistic flavour then the arcade RTS immitations, like establishing/capturing beachheads, airfields, landing zones instead of building factories, etc. With lots of amphibious and air units, indirect fire, with only a few tanks, as it would be in real life when you try to capture an island. (capture, not "glass" - that would be the most realistic).

Well it just keeps getting better and better biggrin_o.gif BIS have created the ultimate soldier sim, once again. Well done guys!

Edit: Also it says 60 players mininum wow_o.gif

Just imagine! 30 vs 30, with each player having 12 AI units to command... It could possibly be the largest MP battle ever....

"...we're looking at releasing the tools they need around the same time as the game ships and we're already working on the documentation they'll need to use the tools."

.... This is gonna be one 'mother' of a modding platform! The groundwork is already laid this time, no more working it all out with trail and error! I bet no one will get even half way through the Sahrani campaign before the first addons and mods are released!    Dance.gif

Well it just keeps getting better and better biggrin_o.gif BIS have created the ultimate soldier sim, once again. Well done guys!

Just imagine! 30 vs 30, with each player having 12 AI units to command... It could possibly be the largest MP battle ever....

If you had a 1GB LAN connection and everyone with top of the line machines, maybe... but I don't know if 60 people on standard internet connections with older machines could pull off having 11 AI each...

If you had a 1GB LAN connection and everyone with top of the line machines, maybe... but I don't know if 60 people on standard internet connections with older machines could pull off having 11 AI each...

ok maybe i was a bit optimistic tounge2.gif but still! wow!

Another qoute: ...if you stare at the sun you damage your eyesight, common sense really!... OMG!!! can it get more realistyc than i thought?

Thats actually old news. We've known for some time now that ArmA will support HDR. Being temporarely blinded by light is what HDR is first and foremost about. Check out Far Cry and Chaos Theory if you have a SM3.0 or 2.0b capable card.

But still, its nice that ArmA will have it.

Hopefully they will push that focus effect a little further and maybe we will see the same light and focus effects you get in Tomb Raider Legend. Very atmospheric, especially when you look through the binocs and it focuses on objects in the center of the screen.

Of course, but IMO, in ArmA it could mean the difference between (virtual) life and death, you could build your whole tactics around the position of the Sun. If you approach the target with the Sun behind your back, the enemy would have a great disadvantage. I like it! biggrin_o.gif

Greetings,

I am really happy about this,this turns out very nice.The new pics look great,the only 2 things I didn't like was:

1) The Textures on the trees are WIP I guess(the grey one looks very odd for example)

2) The Grass:

While it looks nice in most pics now,I guess you will have to find a way for it to always match the actual ground-texture.

Grass on Bright

On the midday-summer-noovercast light setting the ground is lit up

really brightly,while at the same time the grass on it actually remains "dark" which makes it look odd (to me and some other people at least).I figure since the ground texture is supposed to be "grass" as well,you might want to match it with the actual grass objects on it(color and lighting wise) smile_o.gif

Great to hear "Multiple Gunners" made it in.Thanks for that.I am wondering tho if limitations for individual classes have gone as well(i.e turrets on Planes and the likes).

Hopefully you get the AI as good as possible in the remaining time,because thats something that could make this game perfect or frustrating if you have that lovely engine,but a very dumb AI.Good Luck wink_o.gif

Edit:Looking at the pictures it seems the pictures from 6 upwards are from an older version,so nvm the grass-thing if you fixed that already smile_o.gif

Some types of grass actualy grow like that, the terrain color is different because they're different types of grass. You've never seen splotchy grass like that?

2004-09-18-Grass_01-Grass.jpg

yea nice kylie  goodnight.gif

go get a job or  get a hobby eg http://www.spring-green.com/

I take offense to that, don't make me have to get placebo in here. As I said, that's pretty offensive, and downright rude. What's wrong with me spending a lot of time looking at the ground? Maybe I just have a greater attention to detail than you do.

Anyway, I'm just assuring him that BIS knows what they're doing.

I can see it now:

Armed Assault: Lawnmower Man - War In Cyberspace

pilot.gif

After seeing the latest pics on Williams' blog, I'm fairly certain that 'grass on bright' are placeholders, meant to stick out and be tuned.

Just a thought. smile_o.gif

About the bridge pic (OFP type). I'll be dancing a jig if the AI can cross it smoothly.