Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Guest Ti0n3r

Thanks for the effort. Waiting for a translatuion thumbs-up.gif

O.O....I'm going to sex my Armed Assault box when I get it...

It really does look next gen ^^..hmm..time to start investin for that gfx card..

Guest Ti0n3r

I find this strange. (Though I guees Firingsquad is correct)

Firingsquad.com @ April 28, 2006

Quote[/b] ]...right now we're looking at something like 50+ vehicles (everything from civilian cars, humvees, APC's, tanks, helicopers, planes) and around 40 different weapons.

PC PowerPlay @ April 2006

Quote[/b] ]Vehikel: 22
Quote[/b] ]Waffen: 30

what does Waffen mean? And would Vehikel mean amount of vehicles? Hmm..maybe thats all their getting to see and theres more? Who knows...we will only really know when the game is released..

Also notice that pic of the HMMWV with the TOW,placeholder because of the one shown in William Porters blog,maybe some info on there is a bit outdated too? I duno...just wish I could read it >.<

Guest Ti0n3r

Waffen means weapon(s). smile_o.gif

Ooooh okay,thanks for the tip smile_o.gif

Hmm..I wonder if there will be soldiers wearing the desert,acu and woodland camo in the game...but then that would also be a bit unfair to the Russians..unless of course they have more vehicles

I have to give them their due credit..those soldier models and textures..superb,and the bump maps show but at the same time they seem realistic and not plastic. Seems their keeping the clan marking tag things,note the BIS symbol on the back of the abrams.

Hm,wonder if their having trouble in the game,first the double rotor blades and now that soldier has no shadow,interestin.

The hands,I love de hands inlove.gif

I can't really agree.

Its the same ole tech demo with the totally screwed up lighting(IMHO).

Anyways,I think the interesting bits of that interview were:

-They are opting for 10km ViewDistance for a 3.0GHz machine setup

-You should be able to have company sized battles in Multiplayer

-It seems to me that what everyone around here called "hardcoded CTI" is actually some sort of proper large-scale war going on.Well,if that is what they mean by that 12-hour mission thing.And gosh am I happy about that.Money,Factories were like totally silly.

Lighting screwed up? How so?

Yeah but I doubt you would have to have 10km distance,it would probably be adjustable like OFP would be.

They said 60 players at minimum,atleast thats their goal.

Wouldn't know,I haven't been on CTI much and in long missions my computer starts getting very laggy or crashes..OFP crashes that is.

Anyways,I think the interesting bits of that interview were:

-They are opting for 10km ViewDistance for a 3.0GHz machine setup

Ok that twice the max of OFP:r and not really lag-free :O If this is possible that very awesome :/ I thought 2km was good.

Quote[/b] ]They are opting for 10km ViewDistance for a 3.0GHz machine setup

if this is true, and i really hope so, i bet it will be great with artellery

Also notice that pic of the HMMWV with the TOW,placeholder because of the one shown in William Porters blog,maybe some info on there is a bit outdated too?

This picture seems to be from an early alpha of Armed Assault. With the damn old model of the "never used by the US Army, but for testing purposes Humvee prototype" like the one from Resistance. banghead.gif

I´m not sure if the Humvee shown at William Porter´s Blog will be the final model for Armed Assault, mainly because is the same model for Game 2, but i´m sure about BI guys will include an updated model of the Humvee.

Only a guy who's nickname is hmmwv could actually spot the difference between the different Humvees wink_o.gif I certainly couldn't tell you the difference between the model in that screenshot and the one in the Porter blog smile_o.gif Possibly, the latter has a slightly longer wheelbase but that could also be the angle.

Quote[/b] ]They are opting for 10km ViewDistance for a 3.0GHz machine setup

if this is true, and i really hope so, i bet it will be great with artellery

Nevermind artillery! We may finally have realistic weapon ranges for atgms!

10km view distance sounds awesome biggrin_o.gif.

I also hope that the 20 seconds "living time" for missiles etc. is removed because that is the main problem with artillery in current OFP.

Yea they could improve rockets a lot. Shoulder-fired rockets have a minimum range where the rocket doesn't explode, would be nice if you are trying to shoot at a tank far away but an enemy pops up from around a corner and you lob a rpg at his head without blowing yourself up.

hmv4lw.jpg

Top left: version spotted in the most recent (28 april) screenshots

Top right: Model from a early build that previewers are allowed to use. Note that the soldier doesn't wears the ECU camo we saw on the "recent" screenshots.

Bottom left: Game2 model that has the "Raptors" emblem. Also has a mirror that's missing on the other models I believe.

Bottom right: Same as top right.

...voila! the mystery is solved.

Well all very informative smile_o.gif How does one tell the difference between a "Humvee prototype" and the one in current service though? Which ones are shown in those images? help.gif

hmmwv post some scheme views for them smile_o.gif

That 10km viewdistance might be the limit. In OFP you can set the viewdistance to 5000.

Guest Ti0n3r

The goal was ~2km as default. About 6 months ago.

It would be nice if someone from BIS could confirm that everything in the new preview is true.

Guest Ti0n3r

The no planes part is not true yay.gif