Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Just watched all those vids and i must say im impresed, realy nice looking game smile_o.gif

Pros:

- realy impresive soldier animation !

- great looking environment !

- i love that there are no muzleflashes while shooting small arms, only smoke, very realistic stuff !

- i love smoke around tank created by shockwave while shoting a main gun !

- superb game performace comparing to computer specification ( i heve a bit better rig so im dont have to worry about FPS ) !

- picking up weapons, entering vehicles isnt instant !

- lots of other stuff... smile_o.gif

few Cons:

- leaning still looked very bad .

- plane bursted into flames when crased into to sea O_o

- car destruction with LAW looked bad, almost no explosion, only smoke.

only one thing which makes me worried. It's loading of map during a gameplay...

Its when he loads another mission, IIRC BIS said that there would be no loading while playing..

Heh, there cant be, after all, they did implent their own kind of CTI, and it wouldnt work properly if you had to load to get to certain parts of the island.. tounge2.gif

Its when he loads another mission, IIRC BIS said that there would be no loading while playing..

Heh, there cant be, after all, they did implent their own kind of CTI, and it wouldnt work properly if you had to load to get to certain parts of the island.. tounge2.gif

well, yes.. it wouldn't make sence biggrin_o.gif Thanks for explanation wink_o.gif

thanks.

A few things I noticed from the videos:

In the video named "pistole", there is a burning truck at the end. It appears there is a "charred" texture underneath the flames. I was afraid the burning vehicle was just going to be black, as I had read in a previous interview.

In the video "soldat", the flares are blindingly bright if you look directly at them. If there are ground flares ingame, they may be useful for initiating an ambush on the enemy if tripped in their line of sight.

In the "tank2" video, the forest looks very nice.

in the "tank3" video, one of the water towers tumbles over when hit with a tank round! Also, the speed of the tower which collapsed straight down looked far better than in previous videos where the houses fell much too fast.

just my thoughts.

I don't think the flare is necessarily so bright as much as it was the camera adjusting the light.

I like the progress Armed Assault is making. I will buy it very much once it is released. Yes.

Abs

Heh, as opposed to partially buying it? Didn't know you could get computer games with interest-free periods.

"You are on your *5th* mortgage." biggrin_o.gif

whistle.gif Just wanted to cover up a previous comment. Nothing to see here.

Abs

Who the fuck fucked this thread?

I did!

And it was good.

I'd like to see more videos of the AI soldiers driving and fighting each other. All of the videos seem to avoid what is actually going on with the rifle during the reloading animation. I fear there really isn't any mag removal. I would also like to know if the handguns move when they're fired.

Artillery, eh?

...I fear there really isn't any mag removal...

I am 99.9% sure there wont be... but its not a big deal, hence even a high graphical game like GRAW doesnt have the mag removal... (i hope i got your comment..)

Tioner messed up his quote and url tags badly crazy_o.gif

Shoulnt be possible to destroy the board layout tho.

Anyway. Great vids, thos guys arent the smartest playing it, but at least they try a lot.

The new forest look astonishing btw!

amazing vids smile_o.gif

They only thing i don't like is the building destruction system, but anyway community will improve it if BIS don't have enough time smile_o.gif

was watching flares in those new vids and wondered if only sun can cast shadows ?

Tioner messed up his quote and url tags badly  crazy_o.gif

Shoulnt be possible to destroy the board layout tho.

ROFL biggrin_o.gif

I thought my IE had gone mad... wink_o.gif

...I fear there really isn't any mag removal...

I am 99.9% sure there wont be... but its not a big deal, hence even a high graphical game like GRAW doesnt have the mag removal... (i hope i got your comment..)

GRAW does have mag removal, why do you say it doesn't? You can see it in 1st person and on other characters. Not sure about the enemy AI though as they are usually dead before I get close enough to see tounge2.gif .

Videos converted to AVI and grouped in 6 downloads (by categories)

Check them at Armaholic.com

Thanks. As I have said so many times recently, the .mov format sucks and should never be used.

i just hope (from watching that Avia video that 16:10 aspect ratio is not missing from predefined defaults ...)

here are the 2 big Movis from http://chucha.piar.ru :

http://www.bis-ingame.net/dl/timehost/Avia.avi ~ 100 MB

http://www.bis-ingame.net/dl/timehost/Pehota.avi ~ 100 MB

http://chucha.piar.ru/

btw:bis-ingame too biggrin_o.gif

your files, your work, your Sache wo sie veröffentlicht werden, and my englisch suckt schalalalla

Ich brauch nix mehr ^^

nice! all we need is the demo biggrin_o.gif

NIce movies! It seems that vehicles have "wounds" now too (not only broken glass) yay.gif

and the driving model seems to be a lot better.

The collision worries me a bit tho, when he fires the mi17, it flips upside down as in OFP sad_o.gif