Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

The collision worries me a bit tho, when he fires the mi17, it flips upside down as in OFP sad_o.gif

yup i was also worried.. hope its better in final version.

The collision worries me a bit tho, when he fires the mi17, it flips upside down as in OFP sad_o.gif

More to do with the physics than the collision detection?

More importantly than that, the BMP that he kills with the T-72 appears to have popped a track. Does this suggest that mobility kills will now be possible? biggrin_o.gif

Wow, really great movies notworthy.gif

What's the music in both vids, I love it!

Just grabbed screenshots

M1 sans tracks:

abrams.jpg

BMP sans tracks:

bmp.jpg

*Might* be damage models, *might* be popped tracks, hard to tell...

nice vids, but I think to much vids spoil the enjoyment. sad_o.gif

And I don't worry about the bumping heli, it looks like he only bumps to times.

It's normal the tailsection bumps a couple of times cos it's lighter then the cockpit.

Also, in the other other recent vids I don't see any tanks bump or slide.

notice:

on Pehota.avi video you can see the east soldier taking the mag of!

Look at shadow, the mag disapears meaning that the animation is already implemented in that version. wink_o.gif

Nice as it would be, I don't think thats what you're seeing.

If you watch other soldier reloading animations, they twist the weapon through 90 degrees, so that the mag-well is pointing horizontal and left. I think this is what causes the shadow to disapear, rather than mag anims. confused_o.gif

What Time B6?

37 sec to 41 sec +- (Pehota.avi)

@DeadMeatXM2- no comment.

edit: @DeadMeatXM2, i looked again and i think it could be what you said. hope your wrong though smile_o.gif (lets all pray)

edit:1 i relooked and im sure, it removed weapon. use slow motion wink_o.gif

edit: @DeadMeatXM2, i looked again and i think it could be what you said. hope your wrong though smile_o.gif (lets all pray)

I hope you're right, I really do.

What Time B6?

37 sec to 41 sec +- (Pehota.avi)

@DeadMeatXM2- no comment.

Yes! I see it too, he puts it back. Look at his hand it can't be twisted 90 degrees or this north sahranian has elephantiasis.

edit: This is a mad nice surprise.

I hope you're right, I really do.

hang me if im wrong!

oh another thing:

notice the front down windows of uaz, they reflect the clowds! wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif this game will last for an eternity inlove.gif

edit: double post, sorry

Chinstraps and Dissapearing Magazines .... So very very important ....

*sigh*

Important to some, yes. (I could care less, not a biggie)

But a testament to BIS's capability and attention to details that allow complete immersion. thumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gif

This is going to upset a few gaming mag's top 10 lists. tounge2.gif

oh another thing:

notice the front down windows of uaz, they reflect the clowds! wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif this game will last for an eternity inlove.gif

edit: double post, sorry

Yeah that reflection is subtle but still cool smile_o.gif

But the shadows don't project on the UAZ

But this also was implemented in OFP:E so I guess they just missed this one or I'm seeing it wrong and the shadows don't reach up to the UAZ

Yeah, look at the shadow of the soldier reloading his mag, never saw that coming. inlove.gif

The best parts I've seen of Armed Assault so far have been from inside the jeeps.

Ok while I share your enthusiasm about the recent videos and would probably mention all the positive developments had you not already beaten me to post I would like to raise the most worrying aspect:

Where are all the ENTERABLE buildings?

If ArmedAssault is a true successor to Operation Flashpoint or even OPF 1.5 it should have at least 1.5x the numer of enterable buildings.Yet all I see are dull uninspiring low poly buildings in the big cities.Has such a big sacrifice been made for the game to be CPU-friendly?Because this is seriously not a sacrifice worth taking.I hope I my worries are for nothing and that this buildings are place holders before it reaches gold status.

Other then the hotel can anyone report any other type of enterable buildings already included in the latest build?

Ok while I share your enthusiasm about the recent videos and would probably mention all the positive developments had you not already beaten me to post I would like to raise the most worrying aspect:

Where are all the ENTERABLE buildings?

If ArmedAssault is a true successor to Operation Flashpoint or even OPF 1.5 it should have at least 1.5x the numer of enterable buildings.Yet all I see are dull uninspiring low poly buildings in the big cities.Has such a big sacrifice been made for the game to be CPU-friendly?Because this is seriously not a sacrifice worth taking.I hope I my worries are for nothing and that this buildings are place holders before it reaches gold status.

Other then the hotel can anyone report any other type of enterable buildings already included in the latest build?

I think it has been stated several times that there will be no enterable buildings.

I think it has been stated several times that there will be no enterable buildings.

Um.. I'm pretty sure they said it would be a mix of non-enterable and enterable buildings.

You know, actualy removing the magazine isn't present in Counter-Strike:Source, DoD:S, probably not BF2... dividing a weapon in to two models for an animation that you won't even notice while playing is lunacy. confused_o.gif

I would much rather they work on getting muzzle flashes, tanks firing, and explosions just right than messing with this stupid shit that nobody will see unless they have a want to complain about something. mad_o.gif