Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

@kev - from what I have read the demo will not be released until the game is released or later.

@Bravo - adding minor details is not the kind of evolution everyone is looking for. Yes the little things can really add to the experience, but I think everyone would rather have some more important improvements first.

well if none of this is necessary lets all keep and stay with OFP. I play it every night..

lets say NO to evolution and improvment then.. ( ?! ) smile_o.gif

i understand what you guys are trying to say, but small details give away the best of a game.

Theres no doubt about it that ARMA will be the best game ever for me. The game is better and better in every new video.

like i said:

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Do not underestimate BIS and the Power of the Engine!</span>  wink_o.gif  

(be ambitious, like Maruk once said)

edit: ARMA optimization seem and look to have the green light in  every new video

I think at some point your suggestions have to belong in the "What do you HOPE will be in Armed Assault" thread or in the Game2 forums.  They really do belong in the Game2 side because if they're not in ArmA now it's too late already. Unfortunately, most of us don't really visit the Game 2 side so nobody wants to post there.  I know I don't want to because no one will see it.

What I'm trying to say is, don't expect to see those features you mentioned in ArmA if they aren't in yet. Those suggestions are for Game2 now.

And "Be Ambitious" only makes sense from the developer's view.  From the customer's side it's more like "demand a lot of crap".

How come the game still hasnt gone Gold, when it is due for release in the Czech Republic in 3 days time.

@kev - from what I have read the demo will not be released until the game is released or later.

I'm sorry but....

the newest informations from previews and interviews

based on statements from Paul R. Statham - PR Community Manager, there will be a demo out befor release of ArmA.

Just like we had it with operation Flashpoint.

Also the information i have is, that they allready working on it, to get the demos finished.

it should be good for you if u read more previews wink_o.gif

so back to my question, does anybody know something more about the demos?

greetz, Kev

EDIT:

Directly it says, 1 to 2 weeks befor ArmA will be in stores, a demo will have released. so what i wanted to say is, that there will be no Possible ArmA release until they have Gold and/or the demos out.

So i am sitting here in Germany with my uniform in front of my pc, reading 10+ PC Magazines they all visited BIs and saying the same, cant wait until release on 30.November an wanna play the demo biggrin_o.gif

How come the game still hasnt gone Gold, when it is due for release in the Czech Republic in 3 days time.

Perhaps because it wont be released in 3 days or that the Czech release will be a beta.

German ArmA have Goldstatus. I have read it at the German site http://www.eurogamer.de/article.php?article_id=69689

Its a Info from the german Publisher Morphicon.

I cant find a News at bistudio.com about this...

edit: and the cz Version have Gold. Not the others

edit: min. Hardware yet always same

edit: take a look biggrin_o.gif

www.bis-ingame.net *g* Multiplayer-site *g*

Let's face it, the game is finished and gone Gold. Really just a matter of time till we all get to play it. Man, I haven't played a decent new game in years and I'm so looking forward to this one.

Well done BIS!

shouldn't BIS annouce if ARMA is gold to the community too, at same time? huh.gif

good ask...

i think Morphicon is with informations fast. wink_o.gif

Congratulations, BIS, on your incredible achievement. This is the milestone that everyone has been waiting for. There is still work ahead, and probably much further development to do, but it must be nice to see all of those checked boxes on the task tracker! Good job!

well if none of this is necessary lets all keep and stay with OFP. I play it every night..

lets say NO to evolution and improvment then.. ( ?! ) smile_o.gif

i understand what you guys are trying to say, but small details give away the best of a game.

Theres no doubt about it that ARMA will be the best game ever for me. The game is better and better in every new video.

like i said:

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Do not underestimate BIS and the Power of the Engine!</span> wink_o.gif

(be ambitious, like Maruk once said)

edit: ARMA optimization seem and look to have the green light in every new video

Yes, but let's not have an engine that overestimates the power of the home PC, please.

There's much I would like to say in rebuttle but this pretty much sums it up.

Wouldn't the gold status be noted thru Idea Games?

its should i suppose..

but the site is "dead/asleep" since 26.10.2006.

Wouldn't the gold status be noted thru Idea Games?

its should i suppose..

but the site is "dead/asleep" since 26.10.2006.

Hahahaha!

BIS has no time! They're already hard at work getting Game2 ready! No breaks for them. We've already begun to criticize WIP Game2 screenshots and demand that soldier's fingernails grow at a realistic speed.

Everybody, over to the "NEXT GENERATION PC GAME" forum!

Ugh. Ok, ok. Disregard everything above that I've said.

Quote[/b] ]Ugh. Ok, ok. Disregard everything above that I've said.

Absolutely not. In fact, I think I'll go to the OFP2 section now and post my demand for realistically modelled pubic hair. Who doesn't want that in OFP2?

like i said:

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Do not underestimate BIS and the Power of the Engine!</span>

edit: ARMA optimization seem and look to have the green light in every new video

Yes, but let's not have an engine that overestimates the power of the home PC, please.

rofl.gif oh man you're killing me biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

congrats BIS and all the lucky ass germans/czechs/poles/russians that get the game first wink_o.gif

finally got it there... and no I'm totally sober tonight wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ugh.  Ok, ok.  Disregard everything above that I've said.

Absolutely not. In fact, I think I'll go to the OFP2 section now and post my demand for realistically modelled pubic hair. Who doesn't want that in OFP2?

rofl.gif

dear god, just what ive always wanted lol

he's to busy 'celebrating' with a keg of the most potent stuff u could imagine

Well the vodka/wodka (don't know wich is the czech one) there is almost as cheap as a bottle of water according to my gf so I guess that he is used to that stuff and have found something stronger to celebrate with xmas_o.gif

Well all i can say is im of to be well pished of on Friday, knowing that all them Czech people will be online playing the game. Not sure if i can stand another 4-6 months of playing Battlefield while i wait. So Gold, Pink, Red, whatever colour its gone, i dont really care, it wont bring the United Kingdom release any sooner.