Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]As these are ArmA forums

ForumS ? For the moment there is only ONE Arma forum. Does that mean that we are on the verge to play the demo, or to use the tools ? ? ? I hope so... But I hope for a so long time...

will ArmA be an ongoing project for some time?

Yes :)

As these are ArmA forums there should be no discussion of any kind about "Game2" it has no relevance here at all :)

Thx.

(Hmm, i will shut down my 'efforts' to promote a possible console version, patch up my pc and play ArmA on it next to some incredible 360 titles)

does that mean new content or just to ensure fixes for any bugs that slip through?

I can't confirm either way, simply the ArmA development project doesn't stop with the CZ/DE/PL/RU/SK releases smile_o.gif

aaah ok... i notice you missed of EU on your list there, although it would seem a little strange to change/add content etc to the EU version so I'll just make up my own conclusions in my head biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] ForumS ? For the moment there is only ONE Arma forum. Does that mean that we are on the verge to play the demo, or to use the tools ? ? ? I hope so... But I hope for a so long time...

well, once its released, then I'd assume the Arma forums would take on a similiar appearance and content as the OFP forums (perhaps minus the A&M:D and C forums intially)

there is an english publisher, it was announced yesterday as 505 gaming. Check the relevant thread  wink_o.gif

and @ placebo - thats a nice suprise, does that mean new content or just to ensure fixes for any bugs that slip through?

I know i have already read this, but im not intrested in getting the game in 2007 like another thread reads. I also said im not intrested in the UK version for now. So back to what i said, does anyone know of any english link that would imort the game from the Czech Republic.

Its strange..all this time and yet no-one can organise a simultainoues demo release. As for the fractured gold release, enough has been said on that already. People have been anticipating this game for a very long time so don't act so suprised that people are annoyed. What reaction did BI think was going to happen?

Any news from Digitex 2006?

It was today huh?

Wednesday 11.10.2006

12:30 Bohemia Interactive is presenting ArmA

where are the news? :-) where is the demo?

Short answer is... not out

timeframe unknown

and BI wonder why evryone is pee'd off

I was hoping that with this delay there might be a chance they could add swimming, but if it's still coming out in certain countries next month, then I guess not...  huh.gif

Never say never wink_o.gif

So maybe it was ArmA I was dreaming about then... wink_o.gif

I love you Placebo! inlove.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Ok so now that Kim " i started WW3 "zhong Il the smacktard is forcing the US to either start nuclear war or wait around like a bunch of pansies until the nuke arrives through the wide open ship

ports compliments of Osama , i wont need Arma after all cuz im gonna be in a glowball . well it was real..... laters

Ok so now that Kim " i started WW3 "zhong Il the smacktard is forcing the US to either start nuclear war or wait around like a bunch of pansies until the nuke arrives through the wide open ship

ports compliments of Osama , i wont need Arma after all cuz im gonna be in a glowball . well it was real..... laters

slightly off topic.....

does anyone know if Arma will be even slowing a new version at this game convention today or will it just be GC version?

bootneckofficer

Ok  so now that  Kim  " i started WW3 "zhong Il  the smacktard  is forcing the US  to either start nuclear war or wait around like a bunch of pansies until the nuke  arrives through the wide open ship

ports compliments of Osama  , i wont need Arma after all cuz im gonna be in a glowball .  well it was real.....   laters

LOL, whats kim and his Nukes got to do with armed assault. Are you saying you wont need a publisher because your of to get Nuked within 3 months. Well i understand that he doesnt have the capability to launch a missle as far as you yet.

Im just hoping Tony Blair doesnt piss him of to much as im not sure if he has one that would reach here. However, i do hear is is a big fan of James Bond so he might just leave us alone if he wants to see another movie. Unless he is a die hard for repeats.

Ok  so now that  Kim  " i started WW3 "zhong Il  the smacktard  is forcing the US  to either start nuclear war or wait around like a bunch of pansies until the nuke  arrives through the wide open ship

ports compliments of Osama  , i wont need Arma after all cuz im gonna be in a glowball .  well it was real.....   laters

slightly off topic.....

does anyone know if Arma will be even slowing a new version at this game convention today or will it just be GC version?

bootneckofficer

LOL, the game is slowing! especially here in the UK its not of to be released here till 2007 is what i hear.

What reaction did BI think was going to happen?

and in response what do people think will happen by moaning about it? Its deffinatly not going to make BI/505 release it any quicker.

@Dudester, not that i know of, but I'm sure there will be the possibility somehow... or you could just be patient.

I think I speak for dudester and myself when I say that five years is an awful long wait, now they want me to wait another 4-5 months... this is stupid, enjoy ArmA czechs before we even get the demo. xmas_o.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

How many times do I have to say it!?!?!

ArmA dev and Game2 dev are seperate development threads. Work on Game2 continues at the same time as work on ArmA.

Well, that's not true... in CGM preview, it was already stated, that works on Game 2 were stopped until ArmA release.

I think I speak for dudester and myself when I say that five years is an awful long wait, now they want me to wait another 4-5 months... this is stupid, enjoy ArmA czechs before we even get the demo. xmas_o.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Sorry, but everyone who is whining about a Q1 release is being stupid.

Unless you can actually step up to arrange the marketing, localisation, certification, production and distribution of the game to a dozen or more countries in under 2 months you should shut up.

Some info from czech visitors of Digitex:

When you fall down into water, the soldier throw off everything what he has, except pistol (if he has). (So he probably can swim biggrin_o.gif)

You can ride over debris of demolished house.

BI also presented vid from VBS2. There's also island which is about 6000 square km big.

I was hoping that with this delay there might be a chance they could add swimming, but if it's still coming out in certain countries next month, then I guess not...  huh.gif

Never say never wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Some info from czech visitors of Digitex:

When you fall down into water, the soldier throw off everything what he has, except pistol (if he has). (So he probably can swim )

These two things add up nicely!  wink_o.gif  Boy am I glad this game has been delayed!  tounge2.gif

Also my gut feeling about the publishers is that Morphigon and the others releasing in November will release ArmA v1.0. 505 on the other hand will probably be releasing v1.1 or v1.2. Critical patches are always released shortly after going gold so I will wait for 505 in Q1 2007!  tounge2.gif

When you fall down into water, the soldier throw off everything what he has, except pistol (if he has). (So he probably can swim biggrin_o.gif)

BI also presented vid from VBS2. There's also island which is about 6000 square km big.

Sweet. inlove.gif 6000 square km is huge. wow_o.gif

Now this is interesting. A speculative question: whistle.gif

Would this possibly imply that the webbing, tactical vest and helmet are separate from the soldier model? If so this opens up another bag of kitten to play with!!! xmas_o.gif

Low Light Out.

So now its sure that we can destroy buildings without modding them all? wow_o.gif

Swim!?!?  Building debris!~?!?!  ahhh, not letting my hopes get up, as I'm almost (hope I'm wrong) certain that this info was from the GAME 2.  They did have infos from both.

confused_o.gif

Official word anyone? Placebo? Suma? Bueller?

To Robert below: Yes, but no real confirmation (though the wink he gave was very promising)

I think swimming might be in ArmA, if you read the posts me and Placebo have made on the last couple of pages... wink_o.gif