Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Boy after seeing this latest video I cant wait for the community to get their mitts on AA and really start to make some great stuff. This game looks really promising and I know the community will take it to the next level.

New US Forces video looks very good.

In that video with the M1 shooting the building it clearly shows no recoil for the cannon, the tank barely moves in that gunner view when firing a shot. It would be nice to have a animated cannon like the M1A2 SEP for OFP smile_o.gif

Hehe, that building goes down faster then WTC smile_o.gif wassup with that? Also in bridge demolition video the animation is quite unrealistic in terms of physics (2 fast).

Anybody noticed, that name of the game changed? Now it's ArmA:Armed Assault biggrin_o.gif

Hehe, that building goes down faster then WTC smile_o.gif wassup with that? Also in bridge demolition video the animation is quite unrealistic in terms of physics (2 fast).

I agree, a little bit slower and more smoke would be ok...

i agree, but im sure it will be much better in the gold version.

I just don't understand why BIS don't want to show all their best cards. icon_rolleyes.gif

i agree, but im sure it will be much better in the gold version.

I just don't understand why BIS don't want to show all their best cards.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Maybe they want to show best cards after release?

It's like movie trailer. It's great, it's fun, but in cinema through watching you realize that trailer had best moments from movie... I'd like to have fun playing ArmA

biggrin_o.gif

I'd like to have fun playing ArmA

well i can tell you what i already read from one of the Lead programer of ARMA:

Quote[/b] ]Suma: "War is not nice, and war is definitelly not funny. We really want to portray this well in ArmA"
wink_o.gif

Placebo do you know if the invincible M113 gunner bug has been fixed ? in the GDC version he was protected by an invisible bulletproof collision.

The US forces vid is terrific.

It's the little things I noticed such as the texture of the soldiers glove and how good the tyres of the humvee look.

The only disappointing thing is that their not using pilot models in the vids. Old build I guess? Which is a shame as the Harrier flyby at 02:21 would have looked even better with a pilot with a sun visor down.

Gah !  2007 can't come quick enough crazy_o.gif

I was happy to see that the US forces trailer made it to the front page of gametrailers.com.

More than one person commented that they liked the music.

This is a good way to drum up interest in the game.

Quote[/b] ]looks promising...is it a delta force knockoff? or a battlefield one...and its good to see in game footage rather than some cgi crap that isnt even the game

Oh dear.

Quote[/b] ]looks promising...is it a delta force knockoff? or a battlefield one...and its good to see in game footage rather than some cgi crap that isnt even the game

Oh dear.

Oh dear indeed...  confused_o.gif At least some people knew the facts.

I was really happy to see the new cargo anims in the trailer though, more than anything else. BIS sure has a way of impressing us. thumbs-up.gif

rofl.gif Damn it is so hard not to insult that person for their ignorance. If anything BF games are knockoffs of BF mods for the most part,and BF doesn't stand any ground with Armed Assault.

I would be guessing they fixed the M113 issue..I don't think it was so much of it being invincible rather than geometry modelled simply on the turret which covered the gunner and all parts of him.

ok ive been gone a few weeks can somone fill me in?

What happened to the german publisher, ?

or is the german publish and the UK each making a version?

And does this mean Q1 there will be an english version?

and what "slowed" it to begin with?

What happened to the german publisher, ?

Nothing.

Quote[/b] ]

or is the german publish and the UK each making a version?

Sorta.

Quote[/b] ]

And does this mean Q1  there will be an english version?

Q1 means the english version for UK and most of europe will be released between 1.1.2007 - 31.3.2007.

Anyone notice the good ole OFP floating crosshair mode in the "tank-rolled-upside-down" video? Looks absolutely awesome, glad to see that BIS still loves us hardcores.

Anyone notice the good ole OFP floating crosshair mode in the "tank-rolled-upside-down" video? Looks absolutely awesome, glad to see that BIS still loves us hardcores.

it have been told b4 only this is the first time to see it in action

Q1, and someone is going to have that little box much earlier then most of us, i didnt mind to take a hold day to DL it from their FTP server but still i would like to have an actural DVD(and for the best the soundtrack too) mail to me if the price is close

OT:

im really glad they left the floating crosshair in. -- imho it was flashpoint's master stroke. The floating cross hair means you have to move your eyes around to scan more of the screen, which is good for your eyes and realism... also stops you getting tunnel vision on one point.

yay for floating crosshairs ! yay.gif

New news on ArmedAssault.com.

"To celebrate this announcement we are pleased to release a brand new trailer as well as 8 new screenshots. Click the image below for a pack containing the press release, video & screenshots."

Sorry BIS, but someone forgot to put THIS new video to that PACK rofl.gif  rofl.gif  rofl.gif

Source (arma-zone.pl)

Quote[/b] ]United Kingdom, most of Europe as well as South Africa, Australia, New Zeland and Japan. Release is provisionally scheduled for Q1 2007.
Quite a few places