Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Brilliant!!!! What a trailer!

I love the harrier and the sound of it, the weapons sound very good, explosions look fantastic and nice animations!

I can't wait. inlove.gif

Nice one D034rk, now I was finally able to watch that trailer.  Man, it looks awesome!!!  wink_o.gif

One thing that still bugs me in Arma is the USMC harrier and cobra, the usmc/usarmy mix cuts down the authenticity of the game imo.

You don't ever get the US Marines called into assist the US Army because they have a faster response/deployment? I thought that's why the US Marines existed?

We know that not all character/player models have been finished/revealed yet, so I think it's entirely possible that in the final game the storyline will be that the US troops on the island are re-enforced by Marines.

Nice video and music.

The environment is really coming along. Some of the close tank moves were very realistic looking. The sounds were much better (accept some later tank engine sounds). Of course the smoke is going to add a new feature to the game.

This is THE game that sets the bar for ANY first person shooter that thinks it's trying to be realistic. (from what we've seen)

We know that not all character/player models have been finished/revealed yet,  so I think it's entirely possible that in the final game the storyline will be that the US troops on the island are re-enforced by Marines.

Sounds good to me.  As I pointed out there do apear to be two different models for US guys,  One with his sleves rolled up the other has his sleves down.  Also I've only seen the Bull insignie on the long sleve guys..  prehaps they are army??

New interview guys from Gaming Area. We asked what others wouldn't!

Also I would like to ask that webmasters not to host the screenshots on their site until 26th, but instead, link to them. Thanks.

i like the smoke but i would like to feel more power in explosions they are too slow.

Indeed. The river apparently shows a current, or are these just the wave effects of the sea?

Is a river what i see? (1:35)

Dont looks like the sea (1:22)

??

yeah 1:35 its river smile_o.gif - nice fast water

Also I would like to ask that webmasters not to host the screenshots on their site until 26th, but instead, link to them. Thanks.

Very nice! But FYI: The second thumb in your interview is misleading. wink_o.gif

Nice, all I wanted to know was the Ondrej hair thing.

Nice interview.

Maybe we play ArmA before christmas afterall. tounge2.gif

Great interview! biggrin_o.gif

There needs to be an interview asking where that google earth picture of saharini came from! It's still a mystery.

Also asking about the grass and if it will conceal you from other people far away.

Autumn 2006 is good sign

I really believe in Q4 2006 notworthy.gif

Winter 2006 starting toward the end of November wink_o.gif

Is a river what i see? (1:35)

Dont looks like the sea (1:22)

??

yeah 1:35 its river smile_o.gif - nice fast water

Didn't see anything I would describe as a river, i.e. above sea level?

Anyone else notice what I think is a Javelin on the guys back at the 1:00 minute mark?

Two things I loved: The littlebird flying into the explosion looked really cool for some reason.

&

*Action* *Action* *Boom* *Action* *Seagull Flying* *Action* *Boom*

Yeah, I noticed it, altough I think that is SRAW, I also spotted an flashlight attachment. smile_o.gif

That is possibly the best interview to date. It addressed most of the remaining questions and has certainly put a few endless threads to rest.

I also only noticed one dodge from Placebo - on the question of enterable buildings.