Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

...  I LOOKED and LOOKED and could not find one-single-example of the grass and weeds appearing as the 'radius' around the viewpoint moved. ...

Somewhere about the middle of the video when some northern Sahrani (I assume) troops run toward the camera, half in a wood half on a plain, there is some flickering green pretty close to the camera position. (can't tell you the exact time as I don't have access to the video right now)

Some walls still colapse in segments when run over by tanks - I am not sure whether it's a wall made of concrete or metal segments, but it looks odd anyway.

All those explosion are almost a bit too much Hollywood style - once in a while a vehicle just breaks down or the crew is killed by a hit, they do not always blow up in great clouds of smoke and fire.

But that's just minor stuff which in no way affects the overall great imppressions left by all the new information, screenshots and videos. notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]I hope you've learned your lesson. If the people wouldn't (and probably as a main scenario in this case - the publishers) said anything about the graphics and had been statisfied with the status in the past, you'll never get this version of ArmA you have today.

Oh come on, it's not like BIS needs some whining gfx whores to tell them what looks good and what doesn't or how to program a kick-ass gfx engine. Crying about every little glitch on the early developement version screenshots didn't contribute absolutely anything no matter how much you'd love to believe that it did.

Quote[/b] ]I hope you've learned your lesson. If the people wouldn't (and probably as a main scenario in this case - the publishers) said anything about the graphics and had been statisfied with the status in the past, you'll never get this version of ArmA you have today.

Oh come on, it's not like BIS needs some whining gfx whores to tell them what looks good and what doesn't or how to program a kick-ass gfx engine. Crying about every little glitch on the early developement version screenshots didn't contribute absolutely anything no matter how much you'd love to believe that it did.

True

I believe that BIS have heard lot of community requests.

Maybe its just coincidence, but things start to pop on with requests and ideias from this forum.

So.. they actually don't need our whining but if we "whine", give our ideas and suggestions in order to improve it to be perfect they might hear us. smile_o.gif

BIS have made a Great Job, i just wish they make it even better. wink_o.gif

BIS have made a Great Job, i just wish they make it even better.  wink_o.gif

I just wish they'd finish  wink_o.gif

I just wish they'd finish wink_o.gif

Me too wink_o.gif

nvm.. sorry :\ better not say

edit 1: removed text

edit 2: i took fast conclusions.. confused_o.gif

Me too wink_o.gif

edit 3: wich one Placebo?

ArmA looks better than last year announced Enemy in Sight from IS tounge2.gif

NOW you can find the second part of the interview and some new screens exclusive on the OFPMDB.net

welcome.gifyay.gifwelcome.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] In the mission you’ll control the units 1-10 with function keys F1 to F10 and if there are more than 12 group members the F11 and F12 keys will show the previous or next ten soldiers.

So, we can't control squads then or what?

You´ll see first team members 1-10, hit F11 or F12 and you will sie 11-20 and so on. You can controll each unit or you make color squads (red, green etc.) like in OFP + OFP:R.

S.D.

Quote[/b] ]The mappers in OFP:R had one “problem“ with the editor if they used a lot of units. The waypoints in mass battles have always been a confusing thing. Will there be a possibility to give the waypoints of each unit a unique color and will there be similar little helpful things or will the editor nearly remain the same? And will the number of applicable groups and units remain the same concerning their limit like in OFP:R or is the extended engine able to handle more AI controlled units?
Quote[/b] ]Markus Kurzawa: ... .Also the capacity of 64 groups per side is the same. But you can control more the 12 units in one group. In the mission you’ll control the units 1-10 with function keys F1 to F10 and if there are more than 12 group members the F11 and F12 keys will show the previous or next ten soldiers.

64 groups, each group can have more then 12 units..

... lets say "only" 20 (lets not get too excited), that means 1280 units per side..

this sounds interesting..

only question, will it lag? huh.gif

If you put down to many units it obviously will wink_o.gif . I for once hope that company-sized engagements are feasible.

I for once like that the 12-man-group-limitation has been broken.Not that I will use it to act as a platoon leader,I will wait for Community-made command engines for that.(With the new UI with new User-Input control those should be sweet), but it seems to be very useful for technical purposes and static AI based opfor and for different Squad-Organizations that need more than 12 man smile_o.gif.

If I may come back to my questions about the "ability to save". It would be interesting to know if PC Games made that up,misunderstood that or if it is actually true. Being able to save in MP without any savegame-bugs as well so Script-Data isn't lost has huge mission-design implications. smile_o.gif

T-72 is more extendet than T-80

soviet colony on Sahrani isn´t Russia

-Dawnrazor @ Aug. 25 2006,14:59)]What???

No t80 and T90

M1 vs T72 in MP???

That sounds very very bad  sad_o.gif

Huh? Elaborate please? huh.gif

<!--QuoteBegin--

-Dawnrazor+Aug. 25 2006,14:59--><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote (

-Dawnrazor @ Aug. 25 2006,14:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What???

No t80 and T90

M1 vs T72 in MP???

That sounds very very bad sad_o.gif

Huh? Elaborate please? huh.gif

Is there a T-80 or T-90 at Armed Assault to have it balanced tank to the M1A1 Abrams of the US?

Markus Kurzawa: No, there are only T-72s, a lot of T-72s. The count will bring the balance.

read here

i had the feeling ther would be no t-80 as it wasnt exported outside of russia/ukraine until the mid 90s, though the north have what appears to be a ka-50 is a wierd choice for a supposdly poor comunist state

nice interview biggrin_o.gif

they work on new sounds - very important for me yay.gif

You´ll see first team members 1-10, hit F11 or F12 and you will sie 11-20 and so on. You can controll each unit or you make color squads (red, green etc.) like in OFP + OFP:R.

S.D.

I mean, lets say I'm commanding a rifle section - for simplicity lets say a Viet Nam era Australian rifle section.

Pressing F1 selects my scout group (2 men)

F2 selects my gun group (3 men)

F3 selects my rifles group (5 men)

If i want my gun group to lay fire, I simply mash F2 and click on the enemy, then I hit F3 and click on some bushes to the left to move my rifles group around the flank.

Same thing could work at platoon level.

F1 - F3 for my rifle sections

F4 for the support section

That's what I was hoping for, instead of what we have in OFP which requires several buttons.

Just my $0.02

Nice interview.

Disappointed to read that SpecOps won't be given higher attributes / tactics to differentiate them form normal soldiers. One of my bugbears about OFP was how when I set an AI specforce attacking an enemy outpost they always got cut down instantly.

Still not sure about the grass  :/

You can command groups with one button wink_o.gif

two_men_on_f5.jpg

telejunky

btw: i want to see some tanks chopping down some parts of the forest inlove.gif

We are propably going to have a decent T-80 addon within the first week. wink_o.gif