Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Anyone notice at 30 seconds a US soldier fires an AT4 at a convoy of friendly abrams tanks biggrin_o.gif

Very good trailer though, the smoke looks pretty awesome even when it's in motion.

Hmmm, I wonder what those blue flashes are when the harrier is flying... edited in? or...

EDIT: and too bad there wont be any Seventh songs in ArmA sad_o.gif . though they had no sense of timing, they were okay...

I also find it entertaining that when the blackhawk is on fire after the zodiac explodes that there is a guy just kind of sitting there (not dead, or atleast doesn't look it) inside the burning helicopter still holding the controls.

EDIT: I think the blue flashes are edited in

Hmmm, I wonder what those blue flashes are when the harrier is flying... edited in? or...

EDIT: and too bad there wont be any Seventh songs in ArmA sad_o.gif . though they had no sense of timing, they were okay...

Either they're edited in or it's an UFO. I'm pretty sure it's the first...

They're also occurring at 0:54 in an rather improper scene.

New interview guys from Gaming Area. We asked what others wouldn't!

Also I would like to ask that webmasters not to host the screenshots on their site until 26th, but instead, link to them. Thanks.

Great interview! biggrin_o.gif

Tenga: Is the walking-in-vehicles even a planned feature? Will we be able to shoot from them even if we are fixed in them? (I.E. Drive-by shooting, using your weapon to shoot out of the vehicle, etc.)

Paul: These are not planned features for ArmA.

It's a pity. confused_o.gif

Damn, great great trailer BIS biggrin_o.gif

Looks really professional biggrin_o.gif (And good of course, too wink_o.gif )

Just noticed when the soldier fires the AT4 at 0:30 the sights appear to be misaligned. Could it be possible we have to make sure are sights are aligned before firing in ArmA?

25hcr5j.jpg

23250044.gif

Also I would like to ask that webmasters not to host the screenshots on their site until 26th, but instead, link to them. Thanks.

Tenga: Is the walking-in-vehicles even a planned feature? Will we be able to shoot from them even if we are fixed in them? (I.E. Drive-by shooting, using your weapon to shoot out of the vehicle, etc.)

Yeah, I was looking forward to firing from the cargo on a helicopter. sad_o.gif

Awsome trailer, very well done notworthy.gif .

One thing that still bugs me in Arma is the USMC harrier and cobra, the usmc/usarmy mix cuts down the authenticity of the game imo.

But im going to watch the trailer another 20 times or something smile_o.gif .

Dont get too caught up in the vehicles/troops. Once the community get ahold of this game, the sky is the limit. You will have your pure usmc troops/vehicles. Think of the vehicles in game as place holders.

Yeah, I was looking forward to firing from the cargo on a helicopter. sad_o.gif

Would be enough to be able to shoot from a truck or a hatch of an APC. So, only Delta's have the ability to shoot from the cargo-hatch of a transport helicopter wink_o.gif

Very nice Interview,Great Job.

I like the stuff about the AI a lot.Hopefully that taking cover stuff covers Survivability-decisions as in "Uhm,there are 4 T-80's coming at us,we better hide until they are away"(If they have no AT). Good to hear the Flight-Model has been improved somewhat,the OFP ones often made helicopter operation different than they should be. Hopefully again the AI takes use of that new FM and takes care not to crash into other people smile_o.gif

And on the trailer: Although I don't like the new smoke at all, the graphics are as good as you would want them for the OFP sequel. Large Viewdistance, a world populated with many objects and the best of all: Rather not that much shiny and glossy and funnily colored smile_o.gif . And the animations on the vehicles make it look like there is a improved vehicle simulation on all of them. (Emphasis on "Make it look like").

Anyways,hopefully we will also get some new information on the editing part(Especially if the current ArmA scripting list is final) smile_o.gif

Excellent trailer and videos... I like the rotor of the blackhawk going fast and slow depending of the situation etc. Very well implemented. notworthy.gif

Exellent trailer & interview

notworthy.gif

Impressive stuff, It looks good & it sounds good (that was a surprise actually).

Another spot, missing driver in the moving humvee in 1:38. You can't see the driver trough front glass but you can see him trough side window.

1:46 - Everon castle ruins on the mountain.

It looks to me like a lens flare simulation, as the 'camera' is looking into the sun.

Yawn.

If you wish to troll on the forums please remember to use the correct forum trolling account which has the username of "I have been perm banned from the forums", thanks.

Whoa,I love the way the M1A1 moved...it looked like just like they do in real life,something about a driver and gunner doing seperate things seems to give that effect. 01:39 really looked great,the gloves and whatnot,though I'm not sure if thats how a 50cal sounds,but they know what their doing.

The enviroments look great,the vegetation and realistic grass with that detailed ground look terrific.

The humvee at 01:09 looks terrific and blends in so well with the ground,The ocean looks great and judging from the images,the ocean and inlets have different textures to them which is great.

I also think I can hear the treads moving and squeeking on the M1A1,not just the engine,I sure hope so..it would add soo much in the sound to the beauties that are tanks...

I think it's just a matter of time until you'll be able to fire in and out of vehicles tounge2.gif

Just noticed when the soldier fires the AT4 at 0:30 the sights appear to be misaligned. Could it be possible we have to make sure are sights are aligned before firing in ArmA?

wink_o.gif

rofl.gif LOL guys! No need to watch the video all over again until you even find the smallest glitch!

huh.gif But concerning the AT4 I guess you guys are right. I haven't ever made animations for OFP so I don't know if it's hard to fix (or if they even want to fix it as 95% of the ArmA customers won't even notice it).

Very impressive trailer therefore my only moan would be the two Abrams fireing at the end, the tank moves instead of just the turret,ala OFP. But apart from that and the other minor probs it's looking sexellent....

Just watched that video (downloaded some crappy one earlier and was wondering what everybody else was raving about) and I can say I'm impressed! Still bugging me that the USMC is invading apparently only by air with the Army. But I hope I get proven wrong and we get USMC troops as well.

The fancy shiny intro logos that BIS has switched over to apparently are nice too smile_o.gif

I just saw the trailer and its really cool (But the music sucked). Its really fascinating how BIS always surprise with awesome elements, effects, graphics and on the other hand there are always some things are really lame like the awful looking sprinting wich is still represent - Please BIS..fix it. Don't want to use an anim-pack if not necessary smile_o.gif. And this is a good example. Did you see this guy running without a weapon? THIS looks realistic and cool!

It's kinda like two teams were developing this game. One team has got an eye and the other not. But nice to see that have modified the weapon-view wich has looked also terrible few month ago.

Conclusion: 50% incredible and 50% terrible. Nothing in between... tounge2.gif  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: I'm afraid that those cool soundeffects (the battlesounds) are just an soundfile for this trailer. Or do someone know if ingame-sound is really like this?

*Sorry for my horrible english

But they'll do it! GO! BIS GO!