Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

I hope our vehicle's eninge won't turn off when we disembark.

wink_o.gif

or the lights

That would be awesome. It leaves a lot of room for modders for "vehicles" that have states that can exist with the player disembarked.

And all games are a WIP up until release date, but the closer you get to release the more the working version is like the release version. I don't expect major changes from the WIP we've seen lately to release.

also also would be cool.. and also the feature to hide in the back of vehcials if there em0pty of enemy soilders..

I hope there's better directional sound. Right now if I get shot at, in the middle of a quiet day with no sound, I cant figure out if he's infront of me, behind me, side of me, RIGHT BESIDE ME, or 50 meters away from me. Hell when I go Paintballing I can hear the paintball gun shooting off at me, and in real life you bet your ass I would be able to hear an M16 shooting off 50-100m away from me, and atleast be able to tell where it's shooting from.

I'd also like realistic, i.e. not overplayed, sounds from soldiers. For one thing, the breathing I hope is improved and doesnt sound like he's breathing through a garbage bag. Another is maybe, if its well done, soldiers talk maybe? Like say if there is a grenade thrown, they yell "Grenade!" and when they throw it they yell "Frag Out!". Maybe also cheering? In RTW, after the soldiers win they all start cheering. Maybe when you kill the last few guys or after a big assault your soldiers could cheer? Might be hard to implement.

Supersonic bullets making a loud, sharp "CRACK!" when they pass by you is something I've always wanted to see in OFP. Hopefully we'll get in Armed Assault.

The page + video explains it all, so I'll make this post short and just link to said page.

Supersonic Bullets in a Battlefield 2 mod pistols.gif

Certainly, but I hope that there will be different models (or at least different web loadouts) for infantry (eg, rifleman versus grenadier, automatic rifleman, squad leader, team leader, RTO, etc).

I seem to remember seeing some M203 grenade pouches on a grenadier in one of the GC videos, pouches that weren't present on a normal stock infantryman, so maybe my hopes aren't as forlorn as I think.

I believe that there is a distinct model for the automatic rifle man, with seperate pouches and googles, but that's the only variation of the standard soldier model that i have seen so far.

a pic:

auto rifleman

[...] Hopefully we'll get in Armed Assault.

really ? what is your source

because this was impossible with OFP, and I don't see how this could be with ArmA. (according to their sound engine)

To me it's just a load of firecrackers going off??

Did you read the text in the video, or on the website?

That's the sound supersonic bullets make when they pass close to you.

Quote[/b] ]really ? what is your source

"Hopefully" does not require a source.

Here's another clip that showcases the sounds.

http://dslyecxi.com/screens/Battlefield_2/prmm_sample_supersonic.wmv

Sure I read your article :

Quote[/b] ]<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Spread this link around to any realism game or mod developers that you know. Forums, direct e-mails, whatever. The more awareness there is of this kind of audio phenomenon in reality, the more likely we'll get these sounds replicated in games.
</span>So, is it a preach or a request ? tounge2.gif

As I said it would not be in ArmA (can't work with soundFly[]={};)

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

A target rich environment. Visually and Aurally pleasing...of course. smile_o.gif

Thanks BIS. I know I'll get it.

Quibblers icon_rolleyes.gif

Not you Aeon...Loved your Nam Stuff smile_o.gif

As I said it would not be in ArmA (can't work with soundFly[]={}wink_o.gif

I guess you're the official BIS spokesperson for what will and will not be in ArmA?

1) I wish that when you hit a tank with the guys poking their heads outside in "safe" mode can be injured. Till now you can kill them with a well-aimed bullet, but oddly enough not with a LAW or RPG (even if you blast their BACKS.), and neither hand grenade or grenade by it's own!

2) While multiplaying, when you talk to your squad, WHATEVER distance you are from them you can always be heard and hear what they say. In reality, if you don't have an earpiece, it's impossible to hear someone at further distances! My idea is to make distance matter also for comunicating with voices. Imagine a stealth mission when three or more SpecOps have to blow sky high some targets at an exact time; there could be interferences or no signal to the earpiece and no chances in talking with the rest of the squad. What next? Go on with it? Retreat? Will Alpha1 continue thinking Bravo1 will follow, or will backup?

And imagine also during a battlefield, you're yelling at the other soldiers to attack while covering fire since their comms are not working -for whatever reasons-!

I believe this might add in more realism to the gameplay, although of course it will certainly turn out more annoying for your neighbours since talking to your squad at 3 meters is absolutely different from hollering at them at 150 meters...

I think it might be interesting to have this option that can be selected or not during multiplaying!

Supersonic bullets making a loud, sharp "CRACK!" when they pass by you is something I've always wanted to see in OFP. Hopefully we'll get in Armed Assault.

The page + video explains it all, so I'll make this post short and just link to said page.

Holy shit Dsylexci that is a damn nice find! Hell, in real life I jerked my head down, it sounds really nice.

because this was impossible with OFP, and I don't see how this could be with ArmA. (according to their sound engine)

In OFP with scripting you can have a sound being played by an object, and so by extension the sound can be played by a bullet/shell/missile once a weapon is firing them (after the script detect and track the fired object), the same you can attach a camera/drop particle/whatever to such projectile.

A bit heavy on performance though, as in the case of firefights there would be a very lot of detect/tracking scripts to make each bullet playing a sound to achieve the feeling of bullet wizzes.

Lots fuzz from one word "crack"... It would be nice to have that, but i'd would be much more happy to have properly modeled wire-guided AT-missiles like TOW, OFP don't have any addon or mod where wire-guided missile flies like it should (Is this flaw in OFP engine?), it's almost impossible to hit moving target because of lazy missile guiding. Old and unrealistic whistle or new and realistic "crack" doesn't matter to me, as long as i know that it was close, experience let's me know if it was 2 meters away or 5 cm away from my head.

Holy shit Dsylexci that is a damn nice find! Hell, in real life I jerked my head down, it sounds really nice.

i really dont understand what people see in that BF2 or what ever it calls..

sounds may look nice but the rest is so arcadish so fake so.. eeww crazy_o.gif (almost makes me vomit)

i would never want ARMA to be like BF2 or what ever..

im glad ARMA is much better and superior.

But i agree ARMA sounds much be improved ALOT.

I just thought a little and came up with this conclusion:

IMHO there is no real war atmosphere (tension or immersion) in OPF and I think, that same will be in ArmA.

There is no screaming, yelling, no (real) wounded soldiers, no chaos in unpredictable situations, no real blood, no dust, dirt...

I'm not a soldier, so my conclusion is based solely on movies that I liked (for example Black Hawk Down).

I know, that it is not possible to implement all the stuff in game, but some great effects are, for example, in Call of Duty, Medal of Honor (and such games... remember landing on Omaha Beach smile_o.gif ) and also genious dynamic voice system in ECP mod!

For now I can't really realize, by current screenshots and videos, what will change in ArmA, but I hope it will be better in this aspect.

Quote[/b] ]i really dont understand what people see in that BF2 or what ever it calls..

sounds may look nice but the rest is so arcadish so fake so.. eeww crazy_o.gif (almost makes me vomit)

Not everyone enjoys more realistic games like OFP. There's nothing wrong with that, and it shouldn't make you "almost vomit" to think about it. I had a good time with BF2 when I first started playing it. It does some things very nicely, there's no denying that.

Quote[/b] ]i would never want ARMA to be like BF2 or what ever..

I'm sure BIS has a vision of what they want their games to be like, and I'm sure it doesn't match up to DICE's vision in the least. Still, as I said above, there are some things in BF2 that would be nice to see in ArmA.

Quote[/b] ]im glad ARMA is much better and superior.

Superior to you, but not to everyone. Try to remember that there's a huge variety of games that appeal to a huge variety of people, and there is no global "superior" game unless you're specifying the kind of qualifications that they should be judged against.

IMHO there is no real war atmosphere (tension or immersion) in OPF and I think, that same will be in ArmA...

...I know, that it is not possible to implement all the stuff in game, but some great effects are, for example, in Call of Duty, Medal of Honor (... remember landing on Omaha Beach smile_o.gif ) ...

I completely disagree, OPFR was all about tension, danger could be everywhere, one burst and your gone.

I understand your point, MoH and CoD are filled with explosions, animation and screaming around you and that gives the atmosphere you post about but its all fake and fake events dont impress me (Omaha Beach was all a big fake with respawning soldiers and scripted events).

I found the open gameplay, unpredictability, freedom and realism of OPF very imersive at the time and Arma will be a step above with more realistic graphics, effects, animation and even larger, non linear battles and combat smile_o.gif .

I completely disagree, OPFR was all about tension, danger could be everywhere, one burst and your gone.

I agree with you, but that's another aspect of this atmosphere and I like it a lot too.

its all fake and fake events dont impress me (Omaha Beach was all a big fake with respawning soldiers and scripted events).

Yes, it is fake in GAME and I want NOT fake smile_o.gif

Besides, these games are just an example and that's it. If you don't like them, then watch Saving Private Ryan, that's what i'm talking about.

I think that's, maybe, more related to Game 2...

Hi guys im new here but ive been flowing this game for a while. What i hope to see ingame is a UH-1 Huey, im not sure if any1 agrees with me on this, but it is my favorite helicopter and i hope it is possible to see it ingame.

It's a rated "M" game isn't it (in the US anyway)?

Where's all the swearing?

"Fuck! Guys, TANKS!"

Because sometimes "damn" and "oh no" just doesn't cut it.

I hope for a greatly improved addon system. It is a real mess in OFP.

- Addon versions.

- Being able to see exactly what addons a mission depends on and what units are contained in an addon package.

- A centralized addon repository on BIS servers - no more broken links, no more spending hours searching chaotic forums/websites.

- Automatic addon download.

would be nice to carry wonded and even dead bodys.

Imagine a mission "no one left behind".

would be nice to carry dead bodys and put them in the vehicles to bring them home.

I believe "Mogadishu" would return to our screens by ARMA.

use imagination on missions; this feature would be nice.

thats for game 2 smile_o.gif .

i love OFP, really great atmosphere. Most of the time in war your waiting for the enemy and not actually fighting. THAT actually happens in OFP. nothing like camping with a squad in CTI and waiting for an enemy to come running over an open plain to capture a town. pistols.gif