Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

If I remember correctly, I saw them on a screenshot, so no worries there. smile_o.gif

Oh, I guess I haven't see that picture yet. I've been "out of the loop" for a bit so I'm sure I missed a good many screenshot releases, even though I've been running through fansites left and right trying to catch up lately. Thanks!

dunno if i should consider this a wish or a question, ill say it here anyway.

Will the radio antennas from the vehicles move/bouce/wave with the movements?

Furthermore, they should realise it's too late. Arma is in it's final form and requests here are pretty pointless.

In fact, Placebo, isn't it about time that this thread and other request threads were closed?

Actually, I think this is a veiled suggestion thread for Game2. But hardly anybody goes to the Game2 section so they want it here in the ArmA section. Haha.

It would be nice if we had the option to make a hotkey for "everybody get on/get off the vehicle". If you're guys are in the back of the truck it can be frustrating when you're getting blown to hell while fumbling around with the keys trying to select all of your guys and then telling them to get out.

It would be nice if we had the option to make a hotkey for "everybody get on/get off the vehicle".  If you're guys are in the back of the truck it can be frustrating when you're getting blown to hell while fumbling around with the keys trying to select all of your guys and then telling them to get out.

~ - 4 - 1

the ~ button selects your entire squad (you might need to press it twice if you gave a part of your squad different orders) wink_o.gif

The number of times I've thrashed that selection!

Bravo 6 - can't say, I'm not working on the code, though the antennas on the ole OFP jeep used to wiggle and move when your jeep was moving, so who knows?

HOPE The ARMA ENGINE allows Smoke and Fire Shadows!

So far we can't prove there will be shadows when smoke and fire exists.

Hope BIS sort this tinny effect too.

ALL WORK LOOKS simply AMAZING. notworthy.gif

I really hope we'll be able to pick up a second rifle, would be useful for many situations.

RAIN FX: (lets see if i can express my thoughts well)

Will ARMA allow us to see the rain effect "coming and going"?

Clowds of rain in far distance along the horizon would be interesting.

In life we can notice dark/grey movements (clowds) moving down to the ground.

would also be nice to see the rain drops near us.

ps - Old ofp rain effect need to be improved.

I would like to see some of the following features:

-In the context of multiplayer server config options, the ability of an owner of a server to disable JIP.

-The capability for the game engine to allow articulation for some types of vehicles, as well as trailers.

-This is a minor issue, but the thermal sleeve that is currently modeled (forward of the fume extractor) on the M1 pictures I have seen from Armed Assault needs to be lengthened.

-In some videos, I have noticed that the M1 appears to be belching out black smoke as if it’s a diesel-if a M1 series tank is putting out that kind of exhaust, I would say that it is time for some maintenance.

-If I remember correctly, bicycles in OFP had exhaust due to the way they were implemented in OFP.  I would prefer that they do not have this issue in Armed Assault.  I should note that although I am active in the multiplayer community, I have not used the BIS bike on well over a year so my memory on that one might be a bit suspect on this issue.

As we can notice there are lots of new animations and good ones.

There for i was hoping that when we pilot choppers we would be able to see the pedals move and also in MP the other players would also be able to notice this movement.

In black hawks, hueys we would easilly see this working properlly smile_o.gif

I just thought of a thing that I haven't seen in any games but which exists in real life.. Streetnames and signs with the streetnames.

So it would be nice if they added them to ArmA if it's not too much work. Naming other things such as bays, straits, mountains etc would also be a nice feature. It would add more personality to the island.

I just thought of a thing that I haven't seen in any games but which exists in real life.. Streetnames and signs with the streetnames.

That would be a nice and very worthwhile addition. Particularly in these larger towns and cities, it would be useful to say "I'm at the North End of Spanel Street" or refer to costal features, forests and valleys by name rather than grid reference.

And how about blood group on boot? rofl.gif

seriouslly, some people use their names in OFP on the back of their heads and while riding vehicles we would have our logo in them.

why not have the name in the front part of the helmet?

is that so ridiculous? huh.gif

http://www.filmhai.de/kino....005.jpg http://www.filmhai.de/kino....006.jpg

As a soldier, I have never seen it scribbled on the helmet cover with a marker like in that movie. It is always stenciled nicely on the band holding the helmet cover. You can see what I'm talking about in the second screenshot.

BTW, Here is something I had hoped for for ArmA. I don't believe it was changed from OFP though:

I would like a more realistic grid coordinate system for the maps. I'd like to see something closer to a 6 or 8-digit MGRS system. The map would be broken into 100,000 square meter grid zones each designated by a two letter combination. You would then get a 6 or 8 digit grid coordinate within that grid zone to pinpoint your location. I don't remember the size of the new islands, so I'm not sure how many of these grid zones we would be talking about.

I searched for the word 'swamp' ... it turns up with this thread. I'm not gonna read 66(!) pages to track the reference to the word 'swamp' so i'll ask it plain and simple.

Is there a (or more) swamp(s) on Sahrani?

(e.g. to recreate the (atmospshere) of OGR swamp mission)

T.i.a.

I hope we can lean & throw or roll a grenade around the corner.

Yeah, that was a problem with WGL. Whenever you leaned and wanted to toss a grenade around a corner, it would stand you up right, toss the grenade at the wall and blast you instead.

Anyone know if there are going to be realistic tracers (number wise and in appearance)? In regular OFP it was irritating because it was all or none.

To be able fire and move in to firing position with pressing only one single fire button. No matter if you are crouching or running or doing whatever, you should allways have to press only one button to be able to move in to firing position and fire. I hope this will be included in ArmA.

will we have any equipment like mine detectors? (hope)

Would be interesting if this subject improves in both perspectives. (as weapon and as a tool to detect mines)

edit: added links

http://www.warfoto.com/B050513-A-8306B-001.jpg

What would be cool was if you could place satchel charges on vehicles so u had to check the vehicle before driving off smile_o.gif

Please don't change weapon mouse pointing feature which was allready so good in OFP and atleast normal paced running and hip firing should be allowed in ArmA. thumbs-up.gif

Just compare the North and South Sahrani with the North and South Korea. I think this country was pointed out in the game2. wink_o.gif

Just compare the North and South Sahrani with the North and South Korea. I think this country was pointed out in the game2.  wink_o.gif

england all the way

i have another wish (hope) inlove.gif

see this video:

http://morphiconftp.de/stuff/arma_heli.avi

The chopper is firing rockets/FFAR (or what ever), and i thought its was the air beeing cut by the speed of the chopper..

i hope we can have a similar (or smooth) effect when vehicles fly fast so it can gives the impression that the aircraft is cutting the air with its speed.

EDIT:

Last night i was playing a coop mission in tonal's city. It was a guerrilla fight in city.

I went prone looking trough a small and tight alley and there was a soldier really next to me (2m) after that alley. He started to fire and i couldn't escape or return fire faster because i was dependent on the ofp slow movements.

<span style='color:red'>If i was able to roll over to my right/left side i would survive.

Would be nice if we in ARMA could do that. (dunno how this could work for AIs confused_o.gif)</span>

.: Roll over to sides in order to escape faster.

source

http://morphiconftp.de/stuff/arma_rollen.avi

Thank YOU BIS! inlove.gif

PS- Did you hear some prays or you already had that in mind?

edit:

since no one have more hope/wishes i want to reframe this hope, that i think it will bring better life to realism:

hope the radio antennas from the vehicles move/bouce/wave with the movements. In first thinking it seems not to have importance but if you imagine it good, it might bring new "life" to this already awsome game! smile_o.gif

pls pls pls biggrin_o.gif