Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

would be nice to carry wonded and even dead bodys.

That's one of the things, that I had in mind, when I wrote my post here (above).

We need REAL wounded. In general - more humanity in game smile_o.gif

would be nice to carry wonded and even dead bodys.

That's one of the things, that I had in mind, when I wrote my post here.

We need REAL wounded. In general - more humanity in game smile_o.gif

would be a very nice feature.

It's just stupid when we finish a mission and theres that unrealistic feeling: we left all dead friendlys behind.

With this feature we would be able to pick them and bring them home completing another objective of the mission: this sounds stupid now, but like Messiah2 said it would exist more humanity in game and would bring a coop with more/better taste. Even if we are talking about carrying AI's.

Personally, dragging friends in the middle of combat doesn't quite cut it with me. The last thing I want to do is to run out into the open to grab some damned wounded Private only to get shot in the face by a PKM. And after we have defeated all the bad dudes that dear person would be long gone. And I for one am not dragging some one five miles back to my lines to find their intestines have been torn out by some squirrel. Calling in an Evac chopper would be nice. But dragging them could infect their wound or perhaps even kill them.

My opinion.

Personally, dragging friends in the middle of combat doesn't quite cut it with me. The last thing I want to do is to run out into the open to grab some damned wounded Private only to get shot in the face by a PKM. And after we have defeated all the bad dudes that dear person would be long gone. And I for one am not dragging some one five miles back to my lines to find their intestines have been torn out by some squirrel. Calling in an Evac chopper would be nice. But dragging them could infect their wound or perhaps even kill them.

My opinion.

WOW... I can't even tell if you are talking about the game or real life. Either way it sound like the most ignorant thing that I have ever heard on this forum. Please tell me that you are joking!

Peace,

DreDay

Dragging = good

Medivac Chopper = just as good

Would be a welcome addition, and when arma comes without it I hope someone can do this idea justice smile_o.gif

dragging to a medevac chopper would be a nice addition... althought we've had human shield addons in OFP so its possible to fake it ourselves. i reckon.

Why should I be joking? Its my own opinion. I just think running out into the middle of combat to save someone is just another way to end up dead. It would be like blackhawk down (game) when a medic runs up to a wounded person and that person that done the killing is looking down his sights waiting for that poor medic to come along. Then you get more people killed, them more medics come... kind of reminds me of BF2.

Just remember, in BF2 no-one cares about anybody else its dog-eat-dog, when someone in your unit you consider a freind gets hit, wounded or K.I.A I should think its a whole new ballgame.

And Since Arma is going to be more realistic then most othergames out there I would welcome the addition.

Why should I be joking? Its my own opinion. I just think running out into the middle of combat to save someone is just another way to end up dead. It would be like blackhawk down (game) when a medic runs up to a wounded person and that person that done the killing is looking down his sights waiting for that poor medic to come along. Then you get more people killed, them more medics come... kind of reminds me of BF2.

Ok so you are talking about the game, which makes me feel much better... But what's that business with squirrels?

Of course the simulation of dragging does not make sense unless there is also a proper simulation of wound effects. But if there was such a simulation, you would have to save the incapacitated solider because the success of your mission would depend on his survival. So yes you will have to run into the open and drag him out while the rest of your squad covers you (don't forget to drop the smoke grandes first). IMHO, the only game that did this well is Full Spectrum Warriror.

Peace,

DreDay

So what after you've dragged him to safety? What next? Seeing that Armed Assault will be more realistic than most games, that wounded person won't jump back to his feet and go "Oh,thanks mate!" To run out and get shot again. If hes wounded he has a chance of being paralyised and even if it wasn't it would be a few days before he would be up in combat again. It would take ages to heal him. However... I am not entirely against this idea... just think during the middle of an engagement with a squad it would be a totally stupid thing. After combat possibley... but this is where the Medivac chopper comes into play. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes he would not jump back to his feet. However, if the mission is designed correctly, than there would be a limit on a number of casualties that you can take in order to successfully complete it. Saving that dudes life would allow you to avoid a casualty and thus succeed in a mission/win. The medevacs would come in only when he is in safety.

You seem to be missing the point that this type of a situation presents an interesting and realistic tactical challenge.

Peace,

DreDay

" However, if the mission is designed correctly, than there would be a limit on a number of casualties that you can take in order to successfully complete it. Saving that dudes life would allow you to avoid a casualty and thus succeed in a mission/win. The medevacs would come in only when he is in safety"

Hmm... I'd like to see a new person leading a squad attempt to take out a group of T80 tanks with that limit in place? They would get rather angry with the amount of retrys. Let alone picking up the peices of your comrades.

i want patch up medics, not miracle cure medics. you get hit in the leg you should only be able to crawl or stumble about. a medic comes along you and puts on a bandage, you should be able to stuble a bit better.

Hmm... I'd like to see a new person leading a squad attempt to take out a group of T80 tanks with that limit in place? They would get rather angry with the amount of retrys. Let alone picking up the peices of your comrades.

Are you only capable of thinking in extemes? What if there are no tanks? What if you are supported by a group of M1A1s? What if you have A10s flying CAS for you? What if you manage to use proper tactics and terain masking to sneak up on T80s?

What you are doning with your logic is the opposite of a scientific approach. You determine the outcome and then try to adjust the conditions so that they match the intended outcome. That is a good way to argue, but a very poor way to win an argument.

Peace,

DreDay

I'm not meaning to create an arguement or anything, I'm just putting forward my opinion. I just, personally, think that draging is a bad idea. xmas_o.gif

I'm not meaning to create an arguement or anything, I'm just putting forward my opinion. I just, personally, think that draging is a bad idea.  xmas_o.gif

Fair enough. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Peace,

DreDay

Heathen, since when did your personal inclination to never be involved in a mission role where you might move incapaciated characters justifies this idiot rant against the possibility or inclined persons from having the option?

Hedgerows, ditches and more hedgerows...this is what it's all about. I've got both copies of Brothers in Arms and those guys nailed the concept of fire and maneuver. I'd like this to be introduced. I know I'm probably a bit late as the game will be released soon.

So for the next gen game if BI can use the concepts introduced in Brothers in Arms using cover (not concealment) it would be great.

Cheers

Teo

I *hope* BIS includes a BUNCH of today's highest quality community generated islands and addons (people, weapons, vehicles). This would allow us mission designers to make a great variety of missions using installed, default units! smile_o.gif

Would it be interesting to have the player name in the front of the helmet in black color?

In the movie black hawk down, im sure you all have seen it, all soldiers have their name in the front of the helmet.

In my opinion it would be nice to have this detail possible, what about the rest of the community?

example:

black-hawk-02_kopie.jpg

enlarge

l_1099339.jpg

And how about blood group on boot? rofl.gif

seriouslly, some people use their names in OFP on the back of their heads and while riding vehicles we would have our logo in them.

why not have the name in the front part of the helmet?

is that so ridiculous? huh.gif

black_hawk_down_005.jpgblack_hawk_down_006.jpg

It's a good idea. It might also be a method for clans to implement rank insignia. It could already be achieved to some extent with hidden textures, but a more user friendly, versatile system would be cool. biggrin_o.gif

why not have the name in the front part of the helmet?

is that so ridiculous? huh.gif

It's a VERY good idea about names and i'm serious, it was just a small joke tounge2.gif

Also if everyone would have a blood group and medics would be able to do combat surgery and such stuff, I would be incredibly happy.

I like to play support roles, especially such as medic...

Mind you if someone comes into the game called GaM3L0Rd312202 hes going to have to have a pretty big helmit smile_o.gif