Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

colored and white smoke grenades for obscuring, target designation, medivac pickup etc etc... not very difficult if they really wanted to make them available.

oh wait, since there are many things that bis are going to/ have been made in arma, there is still no words for my very question which all the previews/interviews are missing(well i know it is a small thing but.......): is there any realistic parachute control? confused_o.gif

My two cents for a cool idea for the future. An option to set voice in game(VOIP) to be range dependant and lip-synched to the person speaking. You can only hear a person speak if you are close enough.

they`ve discussed it and it will unlikey be in Arma but maybe game2.It is a good idea tho huh ?

but it would have to include custom faces so that ,you dont run over to a person and say "ffs that _x is a right rambo" and suddenly you realise that is _x and he is close enough to hear ya smile_o.gif.

yes viop would be nice, but if a person is farther away do you need to sit in your room at home and scream like a crazy person? biggrin_o.gif

edit: thought about it you could have a button to choose like whisper, talk and shout, thats mabye a good idea

The same physics engine as VBS2 and Game2 will use.. but I guess that's too much to hope for so we'll have to stick with the modified Elite engine.

its meant to be ofp 1.5, but its looking more and more like a true sequel. perhaps we should start calling 'game 2' 'game 3' tounge2.gif

colored and white smoke grenades for obscuring, target designation, medivac pickup etc etc... not very difficult if they really wanted to make them available.

Thats already in OFP. lol.

Thats already in OFP. lol.

I know there is a regular smoke grenade, but I don't remember different colors. I know several mods that had them, but I want them out of the box.

Guest Ti0n3r

I hope to see reasonable movement speeds for infantry (á OFP) + realistic & believable animations (á Sanctuary).

Being able to orient your map markers, resize them, and select them from a list/grid would be awesome. Then you'd only need one arrow marker and be able to spin it around to point where you want and make it the proper size that you want.

they`ve discussed it and it will unlikey be in Arma but maybe game2.It is a good idea tho huh ?

but it would have to include custom faces so that ,you dont run over to a person and say "ffs that _x is a right rambo" and suddenly  you realise that is _x and he is close enough to hear ya smile_o.gif.

I think would be a neat bit of audio candy for sure to see players actually speaking ingame. It would be mission controlled setting, so you could have realistic voice/radio, or the default settings. It would really force squads to stick together. Also, enemy could detect and shoot players who talk too much or too loudly. lol.  I guess for knowing who is who in vet mode players' names could be mapped onto a uniform patch....

The only thing I would really like to see(but I'm doubtful that I will) are Marines in game. I mean the army does its thing in the way that it does it, and everyone assosiates US military power with the army, airforce etc.

I mean we do things differently and I would like to have a few missions specifically with Marines. Being Marine infantry myself, it would be pretty neat for me to play in the way that I work. (Not to mention I'd rather not play as a soldier wearing those jacked up army cammies).

I guess if BIS doesn't put us in, some modder could make a Marine campaign or something.

Marines Chopper

As far as I can tell the USMC will be somehow integrated into the rest of the NATO force.

I hope you can carry injured teammates! From OFP we know that havy injured soldiers are creeping... i.e. your mate is injured in a dangerous zone of enemys and there is no medic close to you and your mate. you have to escape because you know the enemy is coming. Your mate is creeping so slow and you're afraid because you're thinking the enemy will kill you if you dont escape... but you wouldnt leave a mate back...never!

Thats the reason why i'm hoping you can carry injured people like we always see in movies!

Sorry for my bad englisch but i hope you understand what i'm trying to say.

John R. @ Aug. 31 2006,17:08)]I hope you can carry injured teammates! From OFP we know that havy injured soldiers are creeping... i.e. your mate is injured in a dangerous zone of enemys and there is no medic close to you and your mate. you have to escape because you know the enemy is coming. Your mate is creeping so slow and you're afraid because you're thinking the enemy will kill you if you dont escape... but you wouldnt leave a mate back...never!

Thats the reason why i'm hoping you can carry injured people like we always see in movies!

I don't know. It would bring more atmosphere... Your under heavy fire but still you carry your buddy out of lethalzone then you would be merited with medal of honor (douplemeaning wink_o.gif )... Didn't work in medal of humor (did anyone notice: a joke). but that was because of immortal AI buddies... This is tough one: This hero is maybe unable to fire when carrying, have to drop secondary weapon, moving speed is serioursly degreased (Try to carry man and his combatgear aprox. 10-20 kilograms). Always fatigued when carrying. Wounded's weapon ofcourse would be dropped off.

I seriously don't know...

John R. @ Aug. 31 2006,17:08)]I hope you can carry injured teammates! From OFP we know that havy injured soldiers are creeping... i.e. your mate is injured in a dangerous zone of enemys and there is no medic close to you and your mate. you have to escape because you know the enemy is coming. Your mate is creeping so slow and you're afraid because you're thinking the enemy will kill you if you dont escape... but you wouldnt leave a mate back...never!

I don't know. It would bring more atmosphere... Your under heavy fire but still you carry your buddy out of lethalzone then you would be merited with medal of honor (douplemeaning  wink_o.gif )... Didn't work in medal of humor (did anyone notice: a joke). but that was because of immortal AI buddies... This is tough one: This hero is maybe unable to fire when carrying, have to drop secondary weapon, moving speed is serioursly degreased (Try to carry man and his combatgear aprox. 10-20 kilograms). Always fatigued when carrying. Wounded's weapon ofcourse would be dropped off.

I seriously don't know...

that means you would rescue your bagagge but not your mates? sure you would have to drop a lot of your and his combatgear and you are not able to open fire while carrying a mate. But i think thats not a difficult decision... "nates, law, and 5 mag's or my teammate?"

If you don't want to carry your mate and rescue him... you don't have to... but in my opinion the possibility would be realy great and makes arma step more realistic.

Wouldn't slining a wounded mate over your shoulder possibly cause him to die? Especially if he has a stomach wound or a sucking chest wound.

Stretchers with perhaps two bearers would be more suitable, or two blokes holding up the wounded soldier by the arms as they run out of the hot zone, with perhaps the wounded mans rifle under his knees/butt to hold him off the ground if his legs are buggered.

As a "punishment" to the blokes carrying the stretcher or the wounded man by the arms, they get fatigued very quickly (with the whole huffing and puffing sound).

Just my opinion, I'm not a medic/corpsman.

Quote[/b] ]Wouldn't slining a wounded mate over your shoulder possibly cause him to die?

Could be... but soldiers with such injuries are not able to creep too. There will ever be a unrealistic part or it would be a perfect simulation (i hope we sometimes get one). A possibility of transporting an injuerd soldier would be: Catch him under his arms and pull him over the field.

Modding potential for being able to save-once-immobile and to carry critical mates would be through the roof. Nice suggestion, small feature, large payoff.

John R. @ Aug. 31 2006,20:17)]Could be... but soldiers with such injuries are not able to creep too.

Yeah your right, I didn't think about that.

this has been talked already and as a new trailer from Germany came out with latest images and video, i would like to say that even though animations are not finished, i think soldiers should get down to pick up the weapons they want from the ground instead of having that ridiculos text in midle of the screen.

This animation must be implemente in ArmA.

I'm hoping for a really robust ironsight/optics system. In my opinion this alone has the capacity to make or break the tactical realism of the game. I'd hate to see people walking around shooting at eachother with magical screen-zooming crosshairs. That shouldn't even be an option.

Red Orchestra, the game I currently play, is a great example of iron sights (and weapon modeling in general) done right. Unfortunately, the other game elements of RO aren't as tactical as OFP's. I know any game that combined these philosophies would garner a -lot- of attention from the RO crowd (hint hint).

P.S. This has probably been suggested already, but a silent gesturing system (hand signals) between squad mates would be wayyyyyyy cool.

The "zoom" or change in FOV isn't magical, it's realistic. The FOV of your monitor is rather small at 30 deg or so. Realistically you should only see 30 deg in front of your character and lose tons of periperal vision. This would be like running around looking through a toilet paper tube so game designers allow you to "zoom out" by compressing 60 deg or more of the character's vision into 30 deg of your vision.

So, walking around is "zoomed out" and iron sighted is "normal" there is no "magical zoom"