Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

Quote[/b] ]I know it sounds kind of late but looking at how impressive latest screenshots look, Id wish BIS would add DirectX 10 features. It would certainly make more people buy teh game thus there will be more noobs to pwn.

Do you have the faintest idea what you're talking about? Consider these 5 things for starters:

1. DirectX 10 is not released yet. I think it's safe to assume that no graphic card supports it yet.

2. It will be released with Windows Vista. (jan2007 maybe)

3. It will probably require Windows Vista.

4. It is not backwards compatible so it would not be 'adding dx10 features' but 'remake gfx engine for dx10 from scratch'

5. Your wish sucks (see 1-4).

Whoa, metaldude.. Harsh.. True, but harsh..

I mean, I like my vaporware with toast jelly rofl.gif

I can already see it..

"omfg the gun is broke!"

'What gun?'

"the tank gun!"

'Whats wrong with it?'

"IT WONT MOVE!!!"

'Are you alone'

"YES DUMBASS IM ALONE!"

'.............damn rookies.'

Of course if they give no rank system which is good,then not many will be bothered,because lets think about..people who care solely about ranks are willing to teamkill their own team mates just to get a vehicle,now think of it in OFP terms..pretty bad eh?

Quote[/b] ]I know it sounds kind of late but looking at how impressive latest screenshots look, Id wish BIS would add DirectX 10 features. It would certainly make more people buy teh game thus there will be more noobs to pwn.

Do you have the faintest idea what you're talking about? Consider these 5 things for starters:

1. DirectX 10 is not released yet. I think it's safe to assume that no graphic card supports it yet.

2. It will be released with Windows Vista. (jan2007 maybe)

3. It will probably require Windows Vista.

4. It is not backwards compatible so it would not be 'adding dx10 features' but 'remake gfx engine for dx10 from scratch'

5. Your wish sucks (see 1-4).

1. Vista Beta is already available

2. and so is DX10 sdk

3. Video card manufacturers are already planning to release new DX10 cards in several months

4. Developers don't have to rewrite the whole engine, just some parts of renderer. How do you think it was done in in many other games that use different renderers such as OpenGL or DirectX in one game?...you obviously don't know what you're talking about

A good team using fire & maneuvre should be able to eliminate enemy campers pretty fast. Of course the camper may score a hit with his first shots.

pistols.gif

I would like to see rated server and user stats like BF2.  And NO CHEATING ALLOWED! Why can't developers band multiplayer cheats?  Is it that hard?  

pistols.gif

Is it that hard?

Yes.

Ok I agree its very difficult to keep cheaters from cheatin; however, there should be a warning message to everyone in the server that "no talent a$$clown" is using alternative coding/patches. That way everyone can ban that "no talent a$$ clown". pistols.gif Play the game the way its ment to be played. In addition, with rated servers you could have a custom option to ban any additonal coding or patches while in a rated server. pistols.gif

Heck with that,its best to just not have the stats in the first place,far more trouble than its worth.

I really wish in the armed assault packaging there were 1st class airfare tickets to the destination of your choice with $10,000.00 spending money.... return airfare of course.

I really wish in the armed assault packaging there were 1st class airfare tickets to the destination of your choice with $10,000.00 spending money.... return airfare of course.

Huh? uh, while that would be nice, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. huh.gif

Huh? uh, while that would be nice, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. huh.gif

He's highlighting the ridiculous demands of some people.

Another cool thing could be that you have the ability to peak your head around corners rather then running out to shoot. In OFP you could do a 3rd person view which is cool; however, in the expert mode in multiplayer you could not. You would just have to run out there and get shot to see what was going on. Just a thought. pistols.gif

Also, I would like to see that if your punk butt helicopter gets hit with my Abrams magazine your dead. No two shot kills. That was my speciality. pistols.gif

Huh?  uh, while that would be nice, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.  huh.gif

He's highlighting the ridiculous demands of some people.

Oh! In that case, very well done!

notworthy.giftounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I hope that Armed Assault won't lag very much, since even if OFP1 have much lower graphics, it will be more laggy then AA? because OFP1 is old, and the old games was not so very effective to "stop" lag, if you know what i mean, and since AA is a very new game and state of the art, it will be much more "lag proof", even if AA has much higher graphics?

I dont know very much about knowing if a game will lag, but I hope my theory is right: that newer games is better against lag, and therfor, it's less lag in AA, then in OFP1...

Is it that hard?

Yes.

Ok I agree its very difficult to keep cheaters from cheatin; however, there should be a warning message to everyone in the server that "no talent a$$clown" is using alternative coding/patches. That way everyone can ban that "no talent a$$ clown". pistols.gif Play the game the way its ment to be played. In addition, with rated servers you could have a custom option to ban any additonal coding or patches while in a rated server. pistols.gif

The problem is distinguishing between cheats and simple addons. I do not support banning addons at all, that's what made OFP great is the customization.

If you're worried about cheaters, don't play public! Play with a passworded server with set people that you trust.

Also, I would like to see that if your punk butt helicopter gets hit with my Abrams magazine your dead. No two shot kills. That was my speciality. pistols.gif

I would like to see you stop using that emoticon so much. There is also a 'peeking' ability,you can look around corners while standing or crouched,they said it was going to be in AA,it was in OFP:E,theres no reason it shouldn't be.

As for the lag,yes OFP is old,it doesn't run too well with modern systems,not many games do,however AA will be optimized and it also depends on your system specs and what you push them to do.

The problem with cheaters is simple,they do it to get a better score,getting rid of a rank system gets rid of that problem.

Something I really want to know is whether there will be proper bolt-action animations for the respective rifles.

In the SimHQ preview an M24 sniper-rifle is shown, which is for those who dont know bolt-action as opposed to the semi-automatic M21 used in OFP.

There was no animation for the hunting rifle in Resistance, so I fear that BIS might leave proper animations out as a 'low priority'.

I damn well hope not. huh.gif

I hope these features wil be in AA:

1. Less weight you are carrying, means faster movement, and more stamina.

2. more weight you are carrying, means slower movement, and less stamina

3. When not wearing any weapons (no primary and secondary weapon) you will move and run faster then if you HAD wearing any weapon.

4. If you are wearing a weapon, which need to be hold in your arms, you will move and run slower then without.

5. If you are only wearing a weappon on back (like a rocket launcher) you will move and run faster, then if it was in your hands.

Something I really want to know is whether there will be proper bolt-action animations for the respective rifles.

Agreed.  Along the same lines, I would also like to see an original animation for reloading the belt-fed machine guns (i.e. PK and M249).  It has always bothered me to see the OFP soldiers act like they are reloading these weapons with clips.  

Of course it should also take much more time to reaload such a machine gun than it would with an assault rifle.

Peace,

DreDay

I'm hoping that weapons have theyr own, exclusive features, like:

Possible to deploy, and use the bipod which can be folded up and down on machineguns, snipers and other weapons with a bipod

Machineguns, can be fitted with ammo belts. The length of the ammo belts can have ever kind of lenght.

Used ammo belts, which is not completly used up can be used on every type of weapon it's supported with.

Example: a m249 uses 100 rounds, with a ammo belt which have 150 rounds. the last 50 rounds is getting undeployed of that current m249, and being deployed on a other m249 and uses the last 50 rounds up.

And many other "weapon features" I hope will be in AA smile_o.gif

I hope they make tanks stronger to AT Missiles. What I love about WGL is that Tanks are actually scary. In default OFP, you see a tank coming it's just "Oh, okay let me get my carl gustav". And that's it, bing bang it's dead, MAYBE 2 shots. But in WGL, like in real life, if you see a tank, you better hope you have tank or air support because you're gonna have to coordinate an ambush with satchels and AT Missiles.

Also, I'd like satchels only useable by Demolitions and Special Forces designated soldiers. Satchels are so gimmicky in this game because it's just so useable. I believe only soldiers designated as Demolitions and Special Forces should be able to deploy and deactivate Satchels. They're not used that often at all by modern soldiers.

Also, I'd like satchels only useable by Demolitions and Special Forces designated soldiers. Satchels are so gimmicky in this game because it's just so useable. I believe only soldiers designated as Demolitions and Special Forces should be able to deploy and deactivate Satchels. They're not used that often at all by modern soldiers.

I'm pretty sure i read one of your threads stating your not too bothered about the game being too realistic whistle.gif .

Now even though i would have to agree with you on the satchell charges, i suppose it's up to the mission maker to include the soldiers right for the job. Along the lines of what your saying would also include not being able to jump into a tank or a helo if you were playing as a grunt. Which i would prefer but the majority of players would hate that idea.

I'm pretty sure i read one of your threads stating your not too bothered about the game being too realistic whistle.gif .

Now even though i would have to agree with you on the satchell charges, i suppose it's up to the mission maker to include the soldiers right for the job. Along the lines of what your saying would also include not being able to jump into a tank or a helo if you were playing as a grunt. Which i would prefer but the majority of players would hate that idea.

This doesnt have to do with realism but more about balance. It's just unbalancing how easily someone can just run onto the road, put satchel then run away and detonate to everytank. Tanks should be feared, almost invincible objects towards Infantry, and maybe if they coordinate ambush with AT they can destroy it other than using Tank Support and Air support.