Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

The Possibility for a weapons co-ordinator in a jet to drop a bomb and using realistic targetting sites, laser guide it onto a target being marked using IR or similar methods smile_o.gif

that would be great..almost like bf2 yay.gif

the cockpit off our weapons MI-26 have some kind off TV screen, that would be very useful for bomber,

The Possibility for a weapons co-ordinator in a jet to drop a bomb and using realistic targetting sites, laser guide it onto a target being marked using IR or similar methods smile_o.gif

that would be great..almost like bf2 yay.gif

Nah bf2 just has the see through gray alpha channel with some static and movement,you can't really see through clouds or anything,if anything when you look up at the clouds you will blinded,and night vision in the special forces helicopters was just plain useless,worse than the foot soldiers night vision,which would either not help because area was too dark,or would blind you because the slightest light reflected off a metal object.

It was I guess failed attempt at FLIR,TSS which is what the AH-1Z uses,well basicly that would be FLIR,showing hot objects in white and dark in black,or you can reverse them,and what is shown definatly isn't FLIR.

Hello,

Something I was wondering, in preparation for ArmA, I'm working on a lil mission system, coding it for OFP, but a few things depends on editing possibilities of ArmA :

- Will JiP have any impact on what you can implement in missions? Like, restricted scripts because of JiP unable to synchronize everything, etc...

- We have in SP the possibility to switch character in-game to take place of an existing AI. Is there a corresponding script command, like "switchTo unit2" or something like that? If not, it would be really interesting to implement it, after all, if character swapping is existing, all the "internal code" for such a switching command already exists. It would solve many issues (mainly ammo considerations) encountered in OFP when trying to make player take place of an existing AI.

Merged into here.

Thank you Sir! smile_o.gif

Now waiting for confirmation

A "1) No, 2) yes" will be enough wink_o.gif

I hope :

- Seventh music smile_o.gif

- nice scripting commands, with camera commands (setbank, setdive, all that stuff)

- a lot of OË›, Visitor and all that kind of tools (with english support? Hep mr Placebo if you have time... ^^)

- some kind of examples opensource with all available commands in cpp config

and of course I hope ArmA for this year xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Lou Montana Posted on June 28 2006,14:46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope :

- Seventh music  

- nice scripting commands, with camera commands (setbank, setdive, all that stuff)

- a lot of OË›, Visitor and all that kind of tools (with english support? Hep mr Placebo if you have time... ^^)

yeah!!!

and specially

Quote[/b] ]

- some kind of examples opensource with all available commands in cpp config

would be really nice...

and a description on what they do..

Vehicle attachble satchel charges like in FDF Mod would be great thumbs-up.gif

That was my idea burns, but np that u have post it.

That was my idea burns, but np that u have post it.

Stole it from your brain before the actual idea came up wink_o.gif

im not exactly sure if this was mentioned back there..

but the idea is about <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Satchels</span>:

when we put multiple satchels at same time (like 4 or 5) why do we have to blow them all at same time when pressing the button?

.. why can't we have the option to blow 1 or 2 and wait to blow another one (already set & ready to blow) when more enemy comes? (without using time set)

another thing: if i set 3 satchels and if i die before i blow them, those satchels will be wasted without any use for the rest of the alive players.. why can't other use those set and placed satchels? they only have to find the remote control to blow them wink_o.gif

In Arma i would like to see this working with sense smile_o.gif

ps- If someone have better idea for its use please shoot.

edit: how does satchels work in OFP:E?

btw that FDF satchels options is nice indeed.

Agree with the idea bravo. Perhaps satchels could be detonated through a remote device which is selected like any other weapon. It would replace the current weapon in your hand.

Like some millitary remote detonators it would have ~5 switches, each detonating whatever explosive devices were on that frequency. It would add a little complexity to laying satchel charges, you would need to designate which group they belonged to but would be a little more realistic.

The particular frequency could be selected by the same button which changes weapon mode with leds or a dial for visual indication.

That would be a nice thing to be able to do. Be a good way to set up a staged ambush or a 'come on' to divert the enemy into the real killing zone ie: Blow one satchel on a main route and the enemy react by getting off the main route where you have other satchels laid (channel them into a more closed up area), or into mines or AT kill zone.

Would also be nice if there was a better tool released for textures,curently the ones give too many problems such as smudging and they all seem rather picky about colors and size. I remember doing some work for a mapped 3Dmax model and some parts were twice as small than what I use in OFP and it all came out fine,no color smudging and things didn't look nearly as pixelated.

However judging from the images I think they have something new..I can't really imagine making those soldier models with something like textview.

Quote[/b] ]when we put multiple satchels at same time (like 4 or 5) why do we have to blow them all at same time when pressing the button?

Because they've all been pre-configured to use the same frequency/signal to detonate obviously.

Well, that's not exactly true since you can have more options if you have some AI under your control. Just use the action command menu to have them detonate satchels you've ordered them to place.

Anyway, I think the extensive use of radio controlled satchels in OFP is rather unrealistic itself. Maybe wire, fuse or timer controlled explosives would be more common in reality.

Eh? I remeber using the "touch off" thing to blow up individual satchels...then again maybe that was OFP:E...

Well, as this is a wish list...

Ragdoll physics and more realistic damage to npcs.

Completely destructable enviroment and objects - take a look at the new game 'Crysis'

Battlefield equipment which requires more than one npc to operate, assemble/dismantle and carry.

Artillery guns.

Aircraft carrier missions.

Bomb/missile craters on the battlefield which stay.

Larger land mass/play area, correct altitudes for operation of aircraft and helicopters.

Trench digging, fortification buildings placed by engineers.

Booby trap/tripwire options available for forests and wooded areas.

Destructable forest areas (Unlike Flashpoint)

Surface to air missile systems, fixed and mobile.

Anti-Missile systems.

Missiles, silos, hard points and underground bunkers.

Terrain such as sheer cliffs, rivers and tunnels.

Trains!

BIS already said it's too late to give them wishes...

Quote[/b] ]Ragdoll physics and more realistic damage to npcs.

Don't think this will be in the game

Quote[/b] ]Completely destructable enviroment and objects - take a look at the new game 'Crysis'

This will be in Game2, not Arma.

Quote[/b] ]Battlefield equipment which requires more than one npc to operate, assemble/dismantle and carry.

OFP already got that, check out FDF.

Quote[/b] ]Artillery guns.

OFP already got that, check out CoC

Quote[/b] ]Aircraft carrier missions.

Some people were working on a carrier, dunno if any carrier have been released, but if it has been, then this would be possible in OFP

Quote[/b] ]Bomb/missile craters on the battlefield which stay.

OFP already got this, check out ECP.

Quote[/b] ]Larger land mass/play area, correct altitudes for operation of aircraft and helicopters.

ArmA got larger islands...OFP got it too.

Quote[/b] ]Trench digging, fortification buildings placed by engineers.

OFP already got mission where you can build fortifications, and Invasion 44 had some sort of trench digging...not released yet though confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Booby trap/tripwire options available for forests and wooded areas.

OFP already got working tripwires etc.

Quote[/b] ]Destructable forest areas (Unlike Flashpoint)

I think this will be able in Game2 at least, don't think in ArmA.

Quote[/b] ]Surface to air missile systems, fixed and mobile.

I've at least seen mobile Surface to air missiles in WGL I think...in OFP wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Anti-Missile systems.

Seen that too, not sure if it works though, but it looks nice.

Quote[/b] ]Missiles, silos, hard points and underground bunkers.

Some islands got that, underground bunkers and stuff mainly on nam islands. Not common though. Don't know if any nam island with underground bunkers have been released yet though, but I know some are being worked at.

Quote[/b] ]Terrain such as sheer cliffs, rivers and tunnels.

Tunnels would be possible in OFP, and ArmA will contain river (not only "sea-river", but over sea level river).

Quote[/b] ]Trains!

Already in OFP.

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Destructable forest areas (Unlike Flashpoint)

Will be in ArmA, no more 'forest blocks' from OFP  wink_o.gif

EDIT: And technicaly, tunnels are possible but they wouldnt be underground, they would be objects which are placed ontop of the ground wink_o.gif

EDIT2: And rivers havent been confirmed as above-sea-level rivers, it has been said that they are supported 'in a limited way', which probably means that it will be just like OFP rivers wink_o.gif

ArmA will contain river (not only "sea-river", but over sea level river).

Could you please cite the source for that? Nothing I've so far seen even suggests that rivers will appear in Arma ... it's one of my most wanted features sad_o.gif

Edit: Opforum beat me to it. Might just add though that by definition a river is above sea-level. Whatever you call the feature in Nogova it wasn't a river.

Quote[/b] ]Quote  

Improved Vihicle damage system

Quote[/b] ]Quote  

Battlefield equipment which requires more than one npc to operate, assemble/dismantle and carry.

Loader in western tank´s, homer have it, but hope to be more realistic, and work in mp, cant be to hard to fix?

Quote[/b] ]Quote  

Artillery guns.

OFP already got that, check out CoC

in a realistic way with real bullet drop, would it be in AA??

Quote[/b] ]Quote  

Larger land mass/play area, correct altitudes for operation of aircraft and helicopters.

ArmA got larger islands...OFP got it too.

in OFP it´s to foggy to se the ground above 1800 meters..

Quote[/b] ]Quote  

Destructable forest areas (Unlike Flashpoint)

i heard this would be in AA...?

Quote[/b] ]Quote  

Surface to air missile systems, fixed and mobile.

I've at least seen mobile Surface to air missiles in WGL I think...in OFP  

the range is way to short in OFP for those missiles, how would it be with a working patriot 3 system?

Quote[/b] ]Quote  

Anti-Missile systems.

Seen that too, not sure if it works though, but it looks nice.

that´s a engine limitation in OFP, it´s only working against missile that lock on target..  not RPG like missiles with no lock on

Quote[/b] ]Quote  

Improved Vihicle damage system

Improved Vihicle damage system Does not equal Ragdoll physics and more realistic damage to npcs. icon_rolleyes.gif

yeah yeah.. but improved vihicle damage system is good to have anyway,,, hope for it..

Missile defense notworthy.gif

no fog on a clear day above 1800 meters altitude notworthy.gif and 4 crew in west tank

actually it´s not so mutch difference in anti air and anti missile defense, modern system does both..= missiles should be vissible on radar just like airplanes.. and all flying object´s should have RCS VALUE.. including missiles, the bigger they are the better you see them( from further distance..)

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Battlefield equipment which requires more than one npc to operate, assemble/dismantle and carry.

True. WGL on FrechPoint have it as well; however their interfaces for crew-served systems are cumbersome and awkward.  It would be nice to have a streamlined interface for deploying crew-operated heavy weapons.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Trench digging, fortification buildings placed by engineers.

OFP already got mission where you can build fortifications, and Invasion 44 had some sort of trench digging...not released yet though confused_o.gif

I have yet to see a single trench or bunker in OFP that would de a half-decent job of stopping the bullets that hit it.  All of them seem to have some geometry issues that allow the bullets to pass right through them.  Explosives seem to discard fortifications and buildings all together.  Besides AI has no way of taking advantage of any fortified positions.

BTW, I am not keeping my fingers crossed to see any of these changes in ArmA.  I understand that the developers have limited time and resources at their disposal.  However, on the question of priorities; I think these two changes alone would have had a far more profound effect on game play than increasing the island size to 400x400 km.

Peace,

DreDay

Artillery guns.

Missed this item. One of the earliest confirmed additions to Arma was artillery. I think we can probably trust BIS to do it correctly as well.