Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

That could be easily solved by having two name fields - one for an abbreviated form which would be limited to a max of around ~6-8 chars.

So you could choose to use "Av Joe", Messiah could be "Mess" etc

Quote[/b] ]In the movie black hawk down, im sure you all have seen it, all soldiers have their name in the front of the helmet.

In my opinion it would be nice to have this detail possible, what about the rest of the community?

It IS possible now in OFP with scripts ... so why shouldnt it be possible in arma. BIS delivers a platform which is incredibly fexible. That is enough , they don't have to waste their time to do little details, which they could spend in making the engine even more open and flexible.

Well ,i haven't seen any markings/numbering in vehicles!I hope there is going to be nice markings and random numbering like better addons have (eg.RHS_T55/62 pack,INQ_M1A2).

sorry but i had to put this here:

I would like to have this effect, already mentioned while back.

It may look huge, but effect is what matters wink_o.gif

but... better find a big bush in ArmA that will cover you wink_o.gif

you see the shock wave that is created when shell it the target.. thats what i would like to happen in ARMA smile_o.gif

nice find.

Particle effects like from the game mercenaries, best ive ever seen but arma's will do juuust fine biggrin_o.gif

Probably been mentioned, but I hope for realistic tracers. With machineguns firing them only every 5th round or so, and none with rifles (or at least have it like this in veteran mode).

Also it would be nice if rain effects were improved. Like if the rain had depth and fell in a defined direction, not just relative to the players view like in OFP.

I hope rain will affect how the terrain looks too, like it would cause pavement/stone/wood/sand/dirt textures to gradually darken while getting wet.

Does anyone know if we're gonna have highways? I would love to have a kilometer long convoy on a huge highway in the barrens ambushed by some T-72s. inlove.gif

we were discussing ArmAs on one irc channel and someone got interesting question ...

Any chances to "cut"/"break" trees with high caliber guns (like .50) or bigger projectiles ...?

Placebo stated in an interview that you would be able to "chop" trees down. We can already knock trees over with vehicles in OFP, so for him to mention that specifically leads me to think he's implying you can shoot a tree down ... especially since we know all materials can be configured for penetration etc.

As always, just guesswork and speculation. Take with a grain of salt.

we know this from the last preview

Quote[/b] ]A bit of taking the easy way with this but there's no point of making cute models of broken vehicles. They could eat our fun from the game quickly.. and who is curious about how a broken vehicle looks like if you are fighting?

hum.. i really think the old broken vehicles were too stupid, some cause bugs, invisible walls etc..

but i seen in the video Rescue Mr. Banana a jeep burning and when the smoke got away the car looked very usedfull, nothing like it was hit or destroyed. At least it could be black with the smoke or some effect.. But don't leave the vehicles with their normal color, plz.

Probably been mentioned, but i'd like it if the player wasnt crippled while holding AT/AA weapons.

I've been killed way too many times in ofp because I couldn't run or go prone fast enough while holding an AT weapon.

With tube-type AT weapons, the ammo inside say an M72 LAW for example should not take up room in your backpack!

With tube-type AT weapons, the ammo inside say an M72 LAW for example should not take up room in your backpack!

How can one carry multiple of them then? I wont buy this game i can carry only one LAW!!! It would suck. nener.gif

EDIT: OK and i put smiley here too. Man! people is so blind if there isn't smiley in text... they can't find humor from it... or then it's just my bad english.

Some people should realize that its going to be a game, and stop the discussion about really minor things. mad_o.gif

Furthermore, they should realise it's too late. Arma is in it's final form and requests here are pretty pointless.

In fact, Placebo, isn't it about time that this thread and other request threads were closed?

This isnt a request thread, it's just "i sorta hope this thing is going to be in ArmA"-thread. wink_o.gif

And whats with the sudden string of "omg! I wont buy this game if it doesnt have feature xxx/yyy/zzz!1!1!!11!!" style posts?

And whats with the sudden string of "omg! I wont buy this game if it doesnt have feature xxx/yyy/zzz!1!1!!11!!" style posts?

I don't know, but I seriously probably won't be buying this game if it doesn't have Ninjas.

I don't know, but I seriously probably won't be buying this game if it doesn't have Ninjas.

That is right! If i can't have one ninja and atleast two Laws in my backback i won't buy this game.... nener.gif Ok now there is smiley so that nobody takes this comment too seriously.

On a related note that I didn't feel warrented its own topic...

Does anybody know the word on handguns' inclusion in the initial release of Armed Assault? I ran a couple of searches but didn't find anything.

If they're not planned, I can deal without, but I'd really much rather have them be an available option as sidearms for soldiers, for civilian and resistance units, and for pilots.