Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Yes, I too think this recoil system is absolutely great. Very good idea and very well done. I'm always for realism and authenticity and if it makes a mission too difficult then change your tactics.

Yes, I too think this recoil system is absolutely great. Very good idea and very well done. I'm always for realism and authenticity and if it makes a mission too difficult then change your tactics.

Your'e wrong so very wrong pistols.gif  If their was a vote you would be in the minority! I also think people like you browse this forum and post the opposite to peoples wishes just to get a reaction! "absolutely great",that was a silly thing to say!

Unless a weapon has been purposely hammered with an aluminum bat, I highly doubt that one will find a firearm where one has to aim at the DIRT 1-2 m. in FRONT of a target (meaning that one has the barrel of their weapon pointing at the ground "below" the target's FEET) in order to even have a chance to hit the actual intended target.

I mean, think about it. Imagine firing such a weapon in real life: one would LITERALLY have to aim to a substantial degree his weapon at the GROUND below his target's FEET in order to have a chance at hitting the target.

I've mentioned this before, but the most highly lauded aiming system that I've ever seen praised by those who have a LOT of military experience is found in the Unreal Tournament total conversion known as "Infiltration." IF those values were/are correct, then not once did I ever have to aim far below a target's feet in order to hit them. One of my favorite loadouts is using an AKMSU, having never fired such a weapon in real life, one thing I've read over and over from those who have used the weapon is that it is even MORE inaccurate than an AK47, and yet I never had to aim with it like I have to aim an AK47 in FFUR. If I wanted to hit a crouching target with the AKMSU I aimed at the target's knees. If I was using the AK47 I aimed at the target's thigh. And whenever I used the M16A2 or M4 I aimed for the target's hip/belly region.

And as "easy" as this may sound to some, in reality it's still VERY challenging, especially when the target's using concealment, or is moving. Also remember that Infiltration does NOT "zoom in" when using ironsights, which is just as it is in the real world. A target that's 15-20 m. away in Infiltration is more challenging to hit than in OFP since the unrealistic zoom effect is never activated when using Infiltration's ironsights.

I am not asking that the game be "rigged" to make it easier for the player so that they're the "...ultimate killing machine..." I believe that I am asking for something far more reasonable than that. Set the sights and the recoil to be as realistic as possible for the PLAYER, and then make arrangements for the

AI's performance. If the system can be setup in a manner to what I'm suggesting, then I'm quite confident that one will still encounter lengthier battles than one finds playing the default version of OFP.

Kyle

Jan. 14, 2006

smile_o.gif

if you were to zero in the iron sights i think that you will find that you will be able to hit a log more then 5 times depends what rate of fire you were to fire at. Full auto, US soldiers could hit alot more then 5 times basically because they have had all the training also they use a more accurate weapon

Do change the weapon values they are far too high with the euro pack you cant fire the mgun as accurately you can in real life ive seen many military videos where they are firing all sorts of machine guns they are much more accurate then the euro packs

I belive the Recoil is Just fine for FFUR, I my self have fired a AK-47 in real, I was firing at a Log and 2 shots out of 30 hit. The 28 shots that missed were pretty close. Then I ajusted my sites and got 5 shots on it. I say keep the recoils becaue it really does make the battle go longer and it keeps you from being the Ultiment Killer.

That may be true, but just don't forget you're not a finely tuned killing machine trained by a superpower, like the guys you are playing in OFP are wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] then I'd suggest coming up with two sets of stats for the weapons: one set for the AI to use, and another set for the player to use.

This is impossible to do, except by complex scripts and as you know, we would use the less possible AI scripts for the reasons I've mentioned more than once.

Quote[/b] ]then just replace the heads of key BIS characters with the llama heads that are available.

Llauma faces-architecture isn't similar to BIS one and converting BIS faces to llauma ones would require a while, (~200 faces).

and actually there aren't enough of llauma faces unfortunately. (~30).

Quote[/b] ]Set the sights and the recoil to be as realistic as possible for the PLAYER

We're working on, by getting inspired from FDF/Jam recoil values, we'll try to manage'em in order to make them balance, currently the weapons which require an adjusted aiming point are the MGs.

Quote[/b] ]they are firing all sorts of machine guns they are much more accurate then the euro packs

Actually, even if a lot of firearms are gradually enhanced, light'n heavy machine guns of several countries still have an important 'dispersion' value which logically depends on the position of the machine gunner, deployed bipod/tripod or folded bipod/tripod, the firing range and some other scientific and mathematical values.

In any way, as several people suggested we would decrease the recoil and the dispersion value of some weapons but by trying to keep combats quite long, though.

smile_o.gif

Thanks to everyone for the constructive feedback!

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

That may be true, but just don't forget you're not a finely tuned killing machine trained by a superpower, like the guys you are playing in OFP are wink_o.gif

Lol, yea I am not a trained killing machine but my Grand father is who fought in Vietnam and probably got 10 shot out 30 in to the small peace of log. Still I really do think the the Recoil is fine, I do really good with it any way in ofp maybe not in real life but ofp for sure. wink_o.gif

IMHO its only the LMG handling and recoil that's off. not really the other weapons.

You try firing off a 30 round clip while standing up, it really hurts! (yourself I mean). I know for sure that is realistic recoil.

If you're going to do that, you might aswell go prone and switch to semi. Makes it a whole lot eaiser.

You try firing off a 30 round clip while standing up, it really hurts! (yourself I mean). I know for sure that is realistic recoil.

If you're going to do that, you might aswell go prone and switch to semi. Makes it a whole lot eaiser.

very true. much like real life. nice.

Your'e wrong so very wrong pistols.gif If their was a vote you would be in the minority! I also think people like you browse this forum and post the opposite to peoples wishes just to get a reaction! "absolutely great",that was a silly thing to say!

No need to offend me as this was just my opinion and, NO, I do NOT browse this forum to piss people off! And if the majority here thinks it's better to tune down the new recoil system - I'm in! I did not want to argue about this issue, just wanted to encourage people for their good work.

I truely think a more realistic recoil system that does not allow a sure headshot with an AK47 over 200 meters adds a lot to this game as I like realism and longer and harder firefights - even when I loose.

If you can't reach the enemy with your M4 over a certain distance - call artillery support, a sniper or get nearer. That's what I meant with changing your tactics.

The biggest flaw in many combat games (just my opinion) is the ability to snipe with assault rifles. What are sniper rifles for when you have such over acurate assault rifles?

Hi,

We increased the comfort level when using LMG by decreasing the recoil velocity and increasing the horizontal recoil as it should be in real life (inspired from Jam), even if now it would be more easier to take out enemy units at long firing ranges.

'Enhanced the mission editor as well, by using Sanctuary/ECP architecture as base in order to enjoy people who complained about some visual difficulties they experienced with the previous ones.

Image.

Unfortunately we decided to remove Llauma heads because of a huge lack of faces, but if some people would be interested in converting BIS faces to Llauma-architecture then we would implement'em again.

Btw, I enhanced a bit the textures of the US soldiers, here's a shot of the finalised version:

soldier12aw.jpg

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

looking beautiful TB thumbs-up.gif

Just a question-after 2005 is all said and done, will there be an update to the 1985 pack with the new camo and reduced lag?

Quote[/b] ]You try firing off a 30 round clip while standing up, it really hurts! (yourself I mean). I know for sure that is realistic recoil.

But what about 2 or 3 round bursts? Sure, you'd expect after a full mag continuously for the recoil to go haywire, but this recoil system means if you fire anything other than 1 round in a burst, the second round (and any thereafter) will be winging it for the skies.

I vote for either JAM 3 or FDF recoil values, but that's just me.

Quote[/b] ]You try firing off a 30 round clip while standing up, it really hurts! (yourself I mean). I know for sure that is realistic recoil.

But what about 2 or 3 round bursts? Sure, you'd expect after a full mag continuously for the recoil to go haywire, but this recoil system means if you fire anything other than 1 round in a burst, the second round (and any thereafter) will be winging it for the skies.

I vote for either JAM 3 or FDF recoil values, but that's just me.

AFAIK that depends on the weapon. an m4 will be much more controllabel than an ak47. it's due to the way the weapon is made and the calibre bullet it fires.

but in general even in three round bursts the third bullet is quite off where you are aiming. bullets leave rifles with a lot of velocity and all that pressure has to do something to the gun.

hell, when i go to the shooting raneg and fire a few rounds with a pistol its damn hard to double tap. experience helps (my dad is a ex-paratrooper and damn skilled and can do it pretty fast and accurately) but it is never easy. and that's shooting 9mm. sure automatic rifles are easier to handle but there is still a lot of kick. that's why nearly all well trained soldiers keep their weapon on semi unless in CQB.

PS - SJB weapon pack has recoils down damn well IMHO.

- EDITED -

Ah, I've just read back, and this has been discussed abooot xty thousand times before. I think I'll find something else to talk about.

IIRC the SAS black ops have desert camo in the Euro pack.  This may have been a limitation at the time but are there any woodland SAS units available now?  Also, this is drastic, but I might even suggest using a different country's special forces for the black ops since Brits already have tank crews covered.  Operation Frenchpoint has some sweet units and FAMAS' to work with.

But to be perfectly honest I've already done that myself biggrin_o.gif. But I thought they fit well and wonder what others think.

Glad you like those US units, thanks for the kind comments.

Quote[/b] ]Just a question-after 2005 is all said and done, will there be an update to the 1985 pack with the new camo and reduced lag?

Yes, 'will do our best in order to release'em.

Quote[/b] ]SJB weapon pack has recoils down damn well IMHO

Well decreasing that much the recoil values might reduce the fighting time and would make combats less interesting,

we would redefine some values but not all of them, though.

Quote[/b] ]but I might even suggest using a different country's special forces

This has been debated more than once, 3 countries are quite enough to represent the European Forces and each european side should have at least 3 or 4 kind of units representing it.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]but if some people would be interested in converting BIS faces to Llauma-architecture

We can do it whistle.gif

Also, this is drastic, but I might even suggest using a different country's special forces for the black ops since Brits already have tank crews covered.  Operation Frenchpoint has some sweet units and FAMAS' to work with.

But to be perfectly honest I've already done that myself biggrin_o.gif.  But I thought they fit well and wonder what others think.

The SAS are the most highly trained special forces in the world, with many successful endeavours behind them. I'm just glad that TB has implemented them. wink_o.gif

Nice work TB on those soldiers cammo etc. and I think U made right decision with BIS heads. Also thanks for changing the editor! Old farts like me can now see the text!  biggrin_o.gif

...and I think U made right decision with BIS heads. Also thanks for changing the editor! Old farts like me can now see the text!  biggrin_o.gif

Couldn't agree more on both counts