Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

I dont know why,but if AI is "SAFE",It will automaticly switch move "EffectStandTalk",I cant disable it....Can somebody plz help?

i personally don't like john's fire and smoke , i think is not reallistic sad_o.gif

I'm not too fond of it either. It's a step in the right direction in alot of ways, but the way the textures flicker it makes the smoke effect stand out against the rest of the game, kinda in the same way the monsters in Doom where obviously 2-D sprites. Sort of a card board cut out in a 3-D world.

It all looks great in screenshots which makes me think if they can get the effects to animate more fluidly it would be a great improvement to the game, but as it stands it's not quite there.

Might have already been reported, but when in the map screen during missions in FFUR Euro, in the portion of the map where the ruler thing was you cannot zoom in/out.

i reported that cant remember what TB had to say about it.

Also try the latest version of Johns effects the flickering has been reduced much much more and looks a hell lot better i wasnt to fond of it on the first version but now it looks great

I like it - but it doesn't seem to be that much of an improvement flicker wise. It still sticks out like a sore thumb with a neon sign dayglo-taped to it.

TB, why don't you leave the new fire/smoke out of FFUR and let the people that want it install it. It works perfectly with FFUR anyway.

Quote[/b] ]no chance to see a tank turret flying up in the sky while exploding ?

Already done that a while ago but people have requested to remove it permanently because of several issues. (causes confusions on radar and decreases the framerate's level when too much of tanks are destroyed).

Quote[/b] ]why don't you leave the new fire/smoke out of FFUR and let the people that want it install it. It works perfectly with FFUR anyway.

The installation of John's effects would be optional, if some people don't want using'em then they won't be forced to keep playing with'em.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

I've determined that the Libmod's tanks do not script their "non explosion/smoke" effects when they die. It's either in the model, or somewhere in the config.

The way they die, is they just turn black. There's no smoke, and no cheesy OFP explosion. This way, if you want, you can have a random var and if it's true, you can add fire & smoke. But if it doesn't, it'll just be a black tank on the battlefield. smile_o.gif

I dont know why,but if AI is "SAFE",It will automaticly switch move "EffectStandTalk",I cant disable it....Can somebody plz help?

BTW:It happens only in FFUR banghead.gif

for me when the player is in safe he will perform the anim but AI wont

BTW:It happens only in FFUR banghead.gif

This has already been reported a while ago, will fix it out asap.

Quote[/b] ]It's either in the model, or somewhere in the config.

It seems to be defined via scripts, not in the config, though because both cfgcloudlets are quite similar.

Quote[/b] ]for me when the player is in safe he will perform the anim but AI wont

The "EffectStandTalk" problem occurs only in the FFUR Euro because some values have been accidentally modified in the animations data. (cfgmoves).

but as said above, 'will figure it out asap.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

I've yet to try out John's smoke/dust/burning effects in the game, but I have downloaded and watched the videos of his latest endeavor.

The screenshots are just stunning to behold, but the animations in his second release still flicker a lot, and do "...stand out like a sore thumb..."

If this flickering could be eliminated, then there'd be no hesitation on my part to have it fully integrated into FFUR (that's if there's no major framerate issues).

Perhaps if more manpower were devoted towards John's endeavor we'd get the perfect effects that we're all hoping for, as his work has already made great strides.

TB, I'm wondering if you'd be willing to release an alternate download of FFUR that uses the "blown off tank turret" effect? Your plate is already definately full, but if it's something you're partial to doing, then I'd certainly be willing to use it in my game.

Yours,

Kyle

Jan. 30, 2006

smile_o.gif

I think the necessary changes needed in John's effects are simply more similar cloud shapes, and perhaps ones that are a little less detailed.

Does anyone else think it annoying during gameplay when extremely detailed clouds (instead of wisps of smoke) come out of the barrel?

I say keep John's optional - putting it in FFUR would turn me off.

What about that new kiowa that was released? Will it be replacing that eggshell one we have right now?

Quote[/b] ]I say keep John's optional - putting it in FFUR would turn me off.

I second that, the effects do not yet look good enough. I would be glad to help, but I do not have the necessary skills.

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]I think the necessary changes needed in John's effects are simply more similar cloud shapes, and perhaps ones that are a little less detailed.

Indeed, some smoke textures have be reworked in order to make the smoke sequence more fluid and smoother, if John won't do it then we'd enhance some animation transitions.

Quote[/b] ]What about that new kiowa that was released? Will it be replacing that eggshell one we have right now?

Replaced it on its release day.

sanstitre72em.jpg

Btw, now, you would have the ability of blowing up turrets of main battle tanks without experiencing any lag issues even if several tanks would be simultaneously destroyed, furthermore turrets debris and hulls won't appear on radar.

Here are a couple of shots.

sanstitre32ig.jpg

sanstitre42da.jpg

sanstitre55ib.jpg

sanstitre60ka.jpg

And finally, russian soldiers have been updated with the new version of RHS motorized infantry and the same goes for the animations.

sanstitre26oj.jpg

And most of bugs noticed in the FFUR 2005 have been fixed.

Big thanks to Franze, john, grendel, Sanctuary and RHS for their great addons.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

So, um... when will it be released?

Sorry, couldn't resist tounge2.gif

Just a few days after the release of a decent shilka, but we'll keep enhancing and updating the FFUR 2005 until we'd get one.

Otherwise we'll retexture BIS Shilka.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

This screens are looking very good - nice work!!!

And do you releas the MP-Config for some Packs to?

TB,

I am thrilled to hear that exploding turrets have been added! Is this effect tied to where the tank is hit, and by a certain strength of weapon? In other words, is its appearance constant, tied into certain conditions, or completely random?

I am equally excited about the determination to smooth out John's fantastic endeavor. That's VERY good news indeed!

Yours,

Kyle

Jan. 30, 2006

smile_o.gif

looking good TB the tank turret getting blown off isnt my favourite effects becuase of issues with OFP as in when blasted into the air it wont start spinning like i would expect it to but it still looks good but i would prefer the burning tank crews but aslong as the turret blowing off is relaistc as in it wont just blow off when its dammage is >=0.6 som in that case even a satchel charge would blow it off aslong as it would take a sabot round or simmilar to blow it off ill be happy.

Looking great so far cant wait

FINALLY, I found the culprit!

Just put this line of code in your main tank config, and make sure it's not redefined on any other tanks.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">destrType=DestructMan;

I tested it and it works perfectly!

Also, you could do a random 1 > 0.8 : turretexplosion, and then a random 1 > 0.5 : fire/smoke

that way it doesn't happen all the time.

After we release the new patches, etc., I'll start the full installer with everything. It'll be huge, but a lot of people with fast connections have been requesting an all-in-wonder download.

A few C++ things are in planning stages too (some of you may remember the FFUR Handyman - it'll be finished), such as automatic configuration replacements and shizzle.