Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Hello people. I got back to OFP lately and was really impressed by the FFUR packs. My favorite is the European pack but I have a small problem: In the editor I don't have a truck for European forces. When I launched the 1985 campgain I saw that it supposed to be a Man 5t from BW mod. However I only have the wolf, wolf MG and Unimog (which only houses 3 passangers) in mission editor under "German - Cars".  Any help is appriciated. Also a question: Why not use the DKM's Tunguska instead of the shilka on the 2005 and Europe packs. This is what the Russians use today for Low-level air defence. Look in This official Russian site for more  info on what the Russians offer for sale (and use)

Hello and welcome  welcome.gif !

Regarding the missing Man 5 ton truck in the edditor, I already mentioned it to TB a while ago and he replied that it would be added in the upcoming patches.  tounge2.gif

The problem is TB seems to have got himself pre-occupied with work lately and it's likely that these patches/re-worked versions of his packs could be a while in the making. Am I right TB?!  sad_o.gif

So patience will be required I think if U wish to experience ffur to its fullest!  whistle.gif

Ok, first off let me say, great mod, truly excellent work compiling all these great addons into a conversion.

My question is about the "new" US camo, Ive noticed in the pictures on your website, the "Video" link associated with the FFUR 2005 section on page 1, and in Pierre's video that the troops in 2005 all wear camo with at least some brown on it, while this may not be the current final version, it is at least IMO better than the shades of green and black, which my version has. So, my question is, are all the screens on your page, and both videos using new camo somehow, or did I just miss something?

I think I've managed to read through all 119 pages, but I admit I may have missed some, if this is answered on another then I apologize.

Thanks for the quick answer Red Kite.

I think I found a temporary solution for the Man 5t truck.

It can be used trough "jam3 - vehicles". The driver's G36 fires like an M-16, but I guess I can always put a normal soldier inside trough the init line.

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]I would avoid adding code that would allow the player to "put out the fire" that's emanating from vehicles or buildings. This kind of option is fine for campfires or other modest sources of flame,

This 'action' has been taken out of the new burning effect.

Quote[/b] ]Also U should grade the density of the smoke out much sooner as it rises and disperses so U don't get that sudden 'cuttoff' to nothing

'will redefine the smoke drop commands in order to get that result, would come up asap with a couple of new shots of the new smoke effect.

Quote[/b] ]So please.. Libmod style!

That's we did, tanks don't entirely destroy, they just become black and start burning and throwing particles around.

Quote[/b] ]The problem is TB seems to have got himself pre-occupied with work lately and it's likely that these patches/re-worked versions of his packs could be a while in the making. Am I right TB?

I try to devote every free hour I get to FFUR, and in any way, the packs won't be released until BIS Shilka would be replaced.

Quote[/b] ]Ive noticed in the pictures on your website, the "Video" link associated with the FFUR 2005 section on page 1, and in Pierre's video that the troops in 2005 all wear camo with at least some brown on it, while this may not be the current final version, it is at least IMO better than the shades of green and black

We enhanced the US Soldiers camo in order to make it more realistic than the previous one and more authentic to the real BDU.

Btw, we closely follow the new effects done by John, maybe we would implement some of them (the most efficient ones, though)

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

the camo looks good but maybe a little too bright but might look different in game so no problems

Also the effects look great the fire burning looks a whole lot better looks like the fire is actually inside and trying to get out

don't know if has been reported yet but a little bug in ffur euro , the bdrm-2 has a new revolutionary break system , the crew has to do it with their feet rofl.gifrofl.gif

dibujo7bj.jpg

regards tounge2.gif

don't know if has been reported yet but a little bug in ffur euro , the bdrm-2 has a new revolutionary break system , the crew has to do it with their feet  rofl.gif  rofl.gif

I think I had one of those when I was a little boy! ....U sat in it and then pushed it along with your feet! ...Only I think the seat was a bit more in the centre than the one in your picture!    rofl.gif

Non exploding tanks sounds good! smile_o.gif

The camo could be a little bit darker but it's definatley better now.

But I still say use FDF smoke. It's the best from any dead tank AFAIK.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Ive noticed in the pictures on your website, the "Video" link associated with the FFUR 2005 section on page 1, and in Pierre's video that the troops in 2005 all wear camo with at least some brown on it, while this may not be the current final version, it is at least IMO better than the shades of green and black

We enhanced the US Soldiers camo in order to make it more realistic than the previous one and more authentic to the real BDU.

Right, but in my game I still have the green and black BDU. When you say enhanced, do you mean in the upcoming patch? I took the fact that it was in your example images and especially in a video done by a 3rd party to mean that it was implemented already, maybe I was mistaken.

Quote[/b] ]

Right, but in my game I still have the green and black BDU.  When you say enhanced, do you mean in the upcoming patch? I took the fact that it was in your example images and especially in a video done by a 3rd party to mean that it was implemented already, maybe I was mistaken.

TB hasn't released it yet.......Hopefully soon!   whistle.gif

yep cant wait the tank effects sounds good.

Also how about a random chance for tanks to explode because if a sabot round peirced the target and created a fire and all the amunition would blow up making a small explosion.

Also sometimes the shell might penetrate the target and hit a high explosive round within the tank causing it to blow up.

So i would say make a random chance and also making the exlosion a little less powerfull would be nice

Ok I wasn't OnLine for a while...

My question TB is,

are you working on a MP-Config for the Packs

or first, on a new Patch or Pack?

I remember you said, you will make a MP-Config-Pack

for alle Packs...

Thanks in advanced

BlackBurn

Thunderbird can you help?

unable to use ukf troops and bleeds british troops other than sas with your EURO mod

on doing some testing the problem seems to be with the ukf weapons at least sa 80 based

every thing loads ok but once i target the enemy my computer crashes to desktop and says that my ofpresistance exec file has problems.

so I reinstalled everything and the same thing happened

of note i have no problem if i use other mods.

i tried with new vme, sfp,fdf ---again no problem

can you help ...i am wondering if it has something to do with your sa 80 in the mod.

.......... related to above...........

DID some more testing game only locks once ai starts to fire.

may have something to do with ammunition

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]he bdrm-2 has a new revolutionary break system , the crew has to do it with their feet

Checked it out right now and it worked very well here.

Quote[/b] ]Also how about a random chance for tanks to explode because if a sabot round peirced the target and created a fire and all the amunition would blow up making a small explosion

I think it would be better to keep tanks exploding all the time (like FDF did) in order to avoid getting BIS tanks explosion effects.

Quote[/b] ]are you working on a MP-Config for the Packs

or first, on a new Patch or Pack?

Most of MP configs have already been done but we're still waiting for some extra stuff.

Quote[/b] ]unable to use ukf troops and bleeds british troops other than sas with your EURO mod

FFUR Euro should work with other extra addons, make sure you installed all required addons for your packs.

Regards

Thunderbird84

THANKS ....

Still can not get ukf to work even with new install maybe something wrong with flashpoint exe install.

Funny though, worked OK with ffur 2005

Hi,
Quote[/b] ]he bdrm-2 has a new revolutionary break system , the crew has to do it with their feet

Checked it out right now and it worked very well here.

it only happens if a soldier boards it as cargo wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]it only happens if a soldier boards it as cargo wink_o.gif

Indeed, will fix it, thanks for reporting it.

Btw, It's envisaged to implement john effects textures v2.0 to the incoming FFUR packs, though you can already incorporate'em if you wish, just follow the installation's instructions in the readme then everything would work as it should.

Here are a couple of shots showing some of the FFUR effects with John's animated tex.

smile_o.gif

sanstitre38ve.jpg

sanstitre41dy.jpg

sanstitre57le.jpg

sanstitre67xg.jpg

sanstitre79dw.jpg

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

WOW they look very very amazing biggrin_o.gif

I think the fire effects on the tanks look a little over done but it still looks good

+1 Adding those smoke fx will be a great addition once again. Btw, TBird, no chance to see a tank turret flying up in the sky while exploding ?  whistle.gif

right i have foudn the coolest thing ever

Load up FFUR euro using johns smoke and fire effects the updated one

Open up desert island and place 3 Fuel Trucks in a line about 20 metres from each other make your self an SAS black op with 3 satchel charges run up place a satchel next to each truck run like mad and touch off all 3 bombs and watch the lovely effects. biggrin_o.gif

They look very very amazing, Also just easrier i was watching a documentary SAS the real story. On it showed some egyptian planes or atleast it hink they were egyptian which were firing of rockets and some armoured targets there was a hell lot more smoke then shown in FFUR i think mostly because in real life dust and dirt flicks up from of the ground.

How about adding a little bit more smoke.

Also a little tip, in the mod for effects simply add the line

? benchmark >= 4000 (For example) : Goto "Moresmoke"

exit

#moresmoke

Here you can add more smoke effects for higher benchmark users and not lower bechmark users this will add more effects and less lag)

Just an idea

Anyway cant wait for the upcoming packs aswell as the MP config