Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

What ?? Flying turrets are already available somewhere ?? How the #¤* did I miss that one ??!! crazy_o.gif

Will it be available in the next version of FFUR ?

I am more and more impressed with FFUR, Sir TB notworthy.gif

Btw, I still wonder wether ArmA will have a chance to be any better than FFUR ... It will be different anyway, and in the end, the "dream team" might be ArmA "patched" with FFUR whistle.gif

RHS offers a Shilka for this project, lacks lot of details but thats cause it was originally modelled for a never released flightsim project...

but its better than the BIS Shilka for sure. wink_o.gif

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]And do you releas the MP-Config for some Packs to?

The FFUR 2005 6.0 will have a mp config when it will be released and the same goes for the other packs.

Quote[/b] ]In other words, is its appearance constant, tied into certain conditions, or completely random?

Adding conditions would require an additional scripting which might decrease the framerate level once in game, that's why we prefered to keep the new explosion effect simple and efficient.

Quote[/b] ]

Just put this line of code in your main tank config, and make sure it's not redefined on any other tanks.

Code Sample

destrType=DestructMan;

Great! Thanks, will try it out asap.

Quote[/b] ]Will it be available in the next version of FFUR ?

Definitely.

Quote[/b] ]RHS offers a Shilka for this project, lacks lot of details but thats cause it was originally modelled for a never released flightsim project...

Once again, thanks for your kindness, it will definitely decrease the delay of the FFUR 2005 release.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Sorry if this has been posted, but yeah, even if it has, I'm just voicing my opinion ;

I really don't like the red sight on the G36 with HK79 GL sad_o.gif

It's totally useless. Not only does the artificial 'glare' effect incorporated make it nigh-on impossible to spot infantry over 100m away, but the dot itself is so fat that it's a hindrance. Right now, it's a blob, not a dot... I have to say that the other sights on which you've tried to recreate this glare/shining effect, rate the same, in my opinion. I don't like 'painted' looking sights. I'd much rather have a decent, simple yet effective and representative sight than a 'pretty' one.

I love everything about this mod, it's amazing, but this is just something that really annoys me. Oh and also, did you alter the effect of wounds and breathing on weapon movement when aiming, because the movement seems much stronger now...

Quote[/b] ]Not only does the artificial 'glare' effect incorporated make it nigh-on impossible to spot infantry over 100m away, but the dot itself is so fat that it's a hindrance

It has been updated since some people reported the same about the G36kHK79 aimpoint.

Quote[/b] ]did you alter the effect of wounds and breathing on weapon movement when aiming, because the movement seems much stronger now

Indeed, it has been increased because the dispersion has been decreased, it was done in order to keep a balance during combats.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

It has already been suggested a while ago but was not implemented because it's too powerful to be used instead of the shilka, plus it carries several missiles that might destroy all aircrafts flying around.

It would be better to keep the shilka as SAM vehicle in the russian side.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Hope this excellent mod's not goingto turn into a major leauge lag fest because of all this stuff being implemented wow_o.gif I will keep my fingers crossed.

i doubt there would be much lag as in Euro pack i got very little lag and i had a Geforce 2 which was very slow now ive got an XFX Geoforce 6600GT 256Mb which is alot faster so ill be getting less lag then with my Geforce2 so it will all be fine aslong as you have alright specs.

Quote[/b] ]a major leauge lag fest because of all this stuff being implemented

My very low 1.4Ghz, 448Sdram comp allows me keeping the control over the framerate level in order to avoid to people experiencing lag issues when new scripts and new models are implemented instead of BIS ones.

That's one of our biggest priorities, though.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

even if it is to lag it wont lag much with BIS missions as none of them were close to lagging anyway there all rather simple without 100 of squads fighting at once

edit - found something wrong with the desert

http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=what3ow.jpg

I was playing the retaliation campaign and found that i wasnt actually in the truck but like that any reason?

Oh and i just relised im using the nordic replacement island and the desert isladns havent been replaced? so im still playing in woodland with desert units

Quote[/b] ]and found that i wasnt actually in the truck but like that any reason?

'will adjust the 'sitting animation' in the FFUR Desert Ural.

Quote[/b] ]Are you going to release an updated version of all FFUR packs or 2005 only?

The FFUR 2005 is the top priority right now, but the other packs will be updated later as well.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Hi,

After several months of waiting, I'm delighted to show you the first russian shilka released for OFP intended to replace BIS oldy Zsu. It has been incorporated to the FFUR 2005, and later, we will implement it to other woodland packs as well, though.

shilka18yd.jpg

shilka25ej.jpg

shilka35xw.jpg

Huge thanks to RHS team and especially to Shadow NX and to Kenji who've kindly offered us their exclusive and still-unreleased Shilka.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

OooooooOOOOoOOOooo!! Finally! wow_o.gifnotworthy.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifinlove.gif

What sort of time-frame are we looking at here, for release? smile_o.gif

One word before the russians ( mostly on flash.ru ) forums begin their bombardment again:

This Shilka isnt released yet ( most probaly never will ) as RHS pack cause it has a few inacuracys, so before anyone starts to bitch about the model... we already know, hehe.

looking good but in those pics it looks like the dynamic reflection has been taken out or not added?

The effect is good just slightly too reflective

Anyway looking good and cant wait

Thanks for this great work. It is fantastic refresh for this game. I have one question. I like this russich combat song. Can somebody tells me who sings this song.Thanks.And good luck for all Flashpoint fans.

Don't forget to mention that I textured it.  It was my first and last project with RHS.  I think I'm going to shed a tear to finally see it released.  smile_o.gif

I hope thats not meant in a bad way huh.gif

@Predator

Russian COmbat song... hmm without checking ingame i already can guess its "Kombat" by Lube

I hope thats not meant in a bad way  huh.gif

@Predator

Russian COmbat song... hmm without checking ingame i already can guess its "Kombat" by Lube

Nope, just meaning that my stay with RHS was short until COMBAT! gained a membership of it's own. smile_o.gif

just been wondering is it possible to get those Russian voices without FFUR? Would i need to copy the VoiceRH.pbo some where and overwrite one of the previous files if so which ones?

Ive recently donwloaded the Retaliation camapign it is heavily voice acted with Russian voices and its a shame to hear russian voices with the radio messages and english voices in the group commands.

Anyway any help please cheers.