Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

i also have to agree with the recoils on the euro pack they are better then the others but still seem to high

Hi all,

I have the FFUR2005 and Winter mods installed and when I start the game I get the following errors:

"BAS_TSF requires C8X_RUSS for this Addon"

and when the game loads I get this:

"Config.bin/cfgweapons.lib_F1 is missing"

I tried searching for this as much as possible, but with 114 pages of threads it's kinda hard.

Other than that, awesome work.

Edit: Wow, I can't believe this is my first post and I've been registered for almost 4 years.

well download a fesh version of the installer it could be corupt

Make sure that if you used the RAR archive one that you didnt extract the addons into your OFP addons folder which may sound like the problem

Also make sure you have no other addons in your addons folders or running at the same time that is most likely causing the error messages FFUR isnt too capable with other addons apart from the Euro pack which does have the compatibility of other addons

I get similar errors but it's just that you have other addons in your addons folder. Either way, it doesn't hurt the game at all.

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]the Lluma heads are nice but dude loose the face textures everybody is using them, and the vacant 1000 yard stare they have has gotta go.

Indeed but unfortunately it would take quite long to modify all BIS faces in order to give'em the same architecture than 'llauma heads', that means that BIS campaigns heroes would have random faces.

Quote[/b] ]the transision between the neck and the body is horrible. It's like you photoshopped it on. The scaling of the helmet is way off, as well. And make sure to add in the correct LODs.

They look better in game, here are more shots showing'em.

us06ht.jpgus17bb.jpgus27zu.jpgus37zr.jpgus44sk.jpg

Quote[/b] ]I'd like scoped weapons to have an actual scope optic (with the proper zoom), the psuedo scope optics for the silenced AK or M4 (in Euro) look cool enough but its hard as hell to hit anything with them.

We would enhance'em by increasing the zoom exactly as they are in real life.

Quote[/b] ]to which i reply - in websites i read of LMG's having point area effective range of about 800m and an area effective range of 2km+. ok, with ofp draw distances i dont expect such a thing. but with the LMG's mad recoil and the bullets flying around everywhere i am surprised to hit anything with them even at relatively close ranges (say 200m).

You can't hit anything using the LMG Shot-After-Shot because of the dispersion value defined in order to avoid you'd be killed by 1 bullet at 400 meters by a machine gunner.

Quote[/b] ]Any chance to tone down the recoil 's and dispersion's?

In fact those values have been defined that high in order to make harder killing enemy infantry units but I think it would be better to decrease'em to make'em closer to Jam ones,

Quote[/b] ]I have the FFUR2005 and Winter mods installed and when I start the game I get the following errors

This happens because you use these 2 mods packs with extra addons despite the fact that the ability of using 'extra stuff' with FFUR has been established only for the FFUR euro, but this feature would be carried out for all FFUR updated packs.

Follow 456820 instructions then everything would work very well until the incoming updated packs would be released.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Earth to Tbird, Earth to Tbird, you still there?

Sorry for the delay but some real life reasons kept me far from my comp during a few days.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]In fact those values have been defined that high in order to make harder killing enemy infantry units but I think it would be better to decrease'em to make'em closer to Jam ones,

Please, don't make killing infantry easier, the fact that it is hard to kill infantry is one of the main reasons I use FFUR. If you do choose to decrease recoil and dispersion please change some other value to retain the difficulty.

Please! help.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'd like scoped weapons to have an actual scope optic (with the proper zoom), the psuedo scope optics for the silenced AK or M4 (in Euro) look cool enough but its hard as hell to hit anything with them.

We would enhance'em by increasing the zoom exactly as they are in real life.

Sweet.

Quote[/b] ]If you do choose to decrease recoil and dispersion please change some other value to retain the difficulty

Decreasing the recoil in order to make it closer to FDF/Jam ones won't kill the gameplay, it would just make a bit more easier killing the enemies.

Quote[/b] ]They still look very weird.

If people don't like'em then we would simply keep the use of BIS heads.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

looking good i cant see anything wrong with those faces in game they look great

But please do what Bambi did with his latest soldirs which are under the addons disciussion make the trousers and shirts look baggy and overlapping like they would in real life they look alot better then just plane straigt textures

Quote[/b] ]They still look very weird.

If people don't like'em then we would simply keep the use of BIS heads.

smile_o.gif

No, please use the llama faces! Don't listen to that psycho.

Quote[/b] ]Decreasing the recoil in order to make it closer to FDF/Jam ones won't kill the gameplay, it would just make a bit more easier killing the enemies.

I hope so, I truely do.

On the head- issue; the llama faces look alot better but will there be enough variety? I mean I prefer a bis-headed squad above a squad with only 4 different faces.

Quote[/b] ]Decreasing the recoil in order to make it closer to FDF/Jam ones won't kill the gameplay, it would just make a bit more easier killing the enemies.

I hope so, I truely do.

On the head- issue; the llama faces look alot better but will there be enough variety? I mean I prefer a bis-headed squad above a squad with only 4 different faces.

Indeed, altough there are more faces than four, we will have bald headed syndrome, because all of the faces on the latest facestex.pbo are bald, maybe new facestex will change that.

Also, about llauma head issue I'm having, the head is marvelous, but the transition between the neck and the torso looks really awkward.

Quote[/b] ]No, please use the llama faces! Don't listen to that psycho.

If you can't have civilised conversation, then you shouldn't be here. Seening that you are new here, that is normal, but please, do understand what are you talking about, I expected more maturity from a 20 year old.

Also, if you ever call me psycho again, like my good friend AK would say, I will come to your country and burn your village. mad_o.gif Then you will see a true psycho.

If you can't have civilised conversation, then you shouldn't be here. Seening that you are new here, that is normal, but please, do understand what are you talking about, I expected more maturity from a 20 year old.

Also, if you ever call me psycho again, like my good friend AK would say, I will come to your country and burn your village.  mad_o.gif Then you will see a true psycho.

Eh, then maybe I shouldn't have expected a sense of humor from a 17-year-old.  I mean, I called you a "psycho." Come on.  I didn't think it'd be taken seriously if I called you something so absurd.

Actually I did take it as a joke, and you shoudve taken my comment the same way, altough it didn't sound like that. wink_o.gif

At least I proven one thing, you live in a village. nener.gif

I have very, should I say, morbid sense of humor.

Anyways, we're going offtopic.

@TB:

One thing I also dislike, the health bar, are there plans to remove it?

There is one thing that keeps bothering me: the idle animations. All units set to careless or safe execute the same animation, which looks very strange. It almost looks like they are performing a dance wink_o.gif Would it be possible to add some more variation to the idle animations?

also some random dying anims would be great instead of them all dying in the same way some just drop to their knees then dye some drop to one knee then get back up if wounded or something like that not sure if its possible though

also some random dying anims would be great instead of them all dying in the same way some just drop to their knees then dye some drop to one knee then get back up if wounded or something like that not sure if its possible though

I'd love a death animation line in Medal of Honor Frontline for PS2 where if you shoot em in the head they feel the back of their head, see the blood, then keel over.

Best, Death, Ever.

please stop the AI soldiers walking so slowly when under fire they very rarely stand up and when they do they hit the floor about 4 steps more

It makes combat more boring and there are some missions made which i have noticed it break some cutscenes aswell

Getting rid of it will make combat much more exciting and would stop me getting lost from my leader becuase i usually move at the squads pace but with FFUR they move slower then my leader starts calling me back into formation

This 'problem' is likely caused by the fact that the FFUR AI sees farther thus will also go into combat mode earlier because they spot the enemy at an earlier stage than standard ofp soldiers. Their standard (aware) movement rate is unchanged from standard ofp IMO.

I for one don't consider the longer viewranges of the AI a problem, it causes the AI to be much more lethal at a distance; they were blind before. I think its a big improvement. But you can't argue about taste ofcourse.

That reminds me, the new 15 meter spacing for squads is good in theory but it's hell trying to enter through passages and forests, nine times out of ten you'll have to stop and wait for your squad to gradually find their way to you.

Also if you're being spotted at and go "Ooh, bushes!", you go there, prone, think you got cover, then because of the spacing 2/3 of your squad is sitting in plain site so you have to spend a minute manually telling them to go into the bush.

Quote[/b] ]make the trousers and shirts look baggy and overlapping like they would in real life they look alot better then just plane straigt textures

Bambi used real photos as textures unlike FFUR US soldiers textures which are based on a 'photoshoped' camo tex, and the render of 'clothes folds' with photoshop isn't that good, but I would try to enhance'em more.

Quote[/b] ]On the head- issue; the llama faces look alot better but will there be enough variety?

They aren't that much.

Quote[/b] ]One thing I also dislike, the health bar, are there plans to remove it?

Replace your ffureuro/bin/resource by this one.

Quote[/b] ] All units set to careless or safe execute the same animation

Indeed, this happens because of some modified values in the cfgmoves, will take it out asap.

Quote[/b] ]please stop the AI soldiers walking so slowly when under fire they very rarely stand up and when they do they hit the floor about 4 steps more

Logically, any human would slowly advance from a 'crouch' position, AI units usually get down when they're under heavy fire and they immediately stand up and advance into your position when you stop firing or if you're out of ammo but your teammates would slowly advance once you switch your squad's mode to 'stealth' or if they spot an enemy.

This feature adds more realismn, though, even if it might be a bit 'boring'.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

I don't have a lot of time to spare, so this is going to be brief.

The last time I had time to play OFP was a couple of weeks ago, and I observed then what some players are complaining about now: in general, the weapons' recoils and spreads just seem too severe in FFUR.

For the hour I had, I pulled my hair out continuously while playing the Campaign Mission Pathfinder. There I was, equipped with a MG3, and time and time again I experienced extreme difficulty at hiting a target that was only 10-20 m. away from me. The sights also seem like they are set very low for all of the machineguns I've tried, which includes the Russian PKM. I typically have to aim at the target's feet (or even at the dirt several feet in front of them) for me to even have a chance at hitting them in the chest. Most of the time, when I fire, the target's body is completely above the aiming brackets of the ironsights. I've never heard of having to routinely fire a weapon in this manner.

Now I understand that the core reasoning for making aiming more difficult is to extend the length of the firefights, but I feel that this has the drawback of creating a fairly unrealistic and frustrating targeting experience for the player. If the desire is to make firefights last longer, then I'd suggest coming up with two sets of stats for the weapons: one set for the AI to use, and another set for the player to use.

This is a suggestion I've given several times in the past, but usually in the context of the AI firing their weapons at full auto with the result that the majority of their rounds simply fly over their targets' heads. I suggested assigning such AI with machineguns that could only fire in 5 round bursts; this would help ensure that the weapon's barrel had a chance to lower for greater accuracy rather than firing forever and having the recoil carry the barrel's tip endlessly upwards and far away from the target. But now maybe it's time to consider such an approach for weapon stats as well.

If the AI were outfitted with weapons that made them behave more realistically in regards to the length of combat, and the player was allowed to select weapons that were truly set to realistic recoil values, then I'd imagine the perfect balance would be struck.

Of course that could open up a different can of worms as well, such as what would happen if the player had to use a weapon once possessed by AI--in this scenario, the weapon would probably behave very differently from what the player was used to, leading to a different kind of unrealistic scenario. Maybe the game could be modified so that the AI's weapon was automatically swapped with one geared for player usage as soon as the player picked up the dropped weapon.

I don't know how probable any of this is, I'm just putting out some conjecture to see where it may lead.

wink_o.gif

In regards to using llama's heads: I highly advise integrating them into the releases. If they need tweaking, and it's not altogether burdensome, then I'd certainly weave them into all of FFUR's releases. If there aren't enough llama heads to fill all the roles required by BIS' missions, then just replace the heads of key BIS characters with the llama heads that are available.

And I don't want to stoke up a hornet's nest here with what I'm about to say, but I really wish that a handful of people would alter their tone in regards to how they word their feedback of any portion of the FFUR endeavor. It's obvious to me that a TON of HARD work and love is being poured into this massive project and at no cost to us. The least we can do when offering up our opinions is to do our utmost to deliver feedback that is specific, well thought out and written in a fashion that is free of insults.

Every member of the development team certainly deserves at least this much respect and courtesy.

Time for bed now. Until next time...

Yours!

Kyle

Jan. 13, 2006

smile_o.gif

I belive the Recoil is Just fine for FFUR, I my self have fired a AK-47 in real, I was firing at a Log and 2 shots out of 30 hit. The 28 shots that missed were pretty close. Then I ajusted my sites and got 5 shots on it. I say keep the recoils becaue it really does make the battle go longer and it keeps you from being the Ultiment Killer.