Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Thanks for the infos kenji, they're greatly appreciated :-)

Quote[/b] ]which location have you guys it?

"ffureuro" folder has to be in your "operation flashpoint".

once there, you have to extract "ffur_launcher" from "ffureuro" to your "operation flashpoint".

run it, click on "FFUR Euro" and have fun.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

just a question about the challenger 1, is it possible to download just the challenger 1 that is used in the ffur euro pack as a single pbo....

awesome

i got the chance to play it properly today

the effects are just mind blowing especially reflections and tank shock which looks more of Armed Assault...yeah im serious..the flash on the tank's gun is teh same as that of ArmA...

u guys deserve a rest......... tounge2.gif

well heres my way of appreciation

uta.jpg

utb.jpg

utc.jpg

utd.jpg

ute.jpg

WOW those pics are great why do pics never look the same as in game

does anyone know if there will be a MP config? (that is a config without all the effects and only the unit replacement) i would really like a config like that for each version of FFUR that has been released.

my comp tends to get quite slow with all FFUR versions (exept the euro config for some reason)

Anyone having 'invalid ratio texture' errors creating a dedicated server with MFCTI missions with any of the FFUR, or it's just me ?

Anyway, impressive packs, thanks for giving this for free !! notworthy.gif

FFUR isnt meant to be used online thats why there releasing a MP config but i doubt they had time to make one for the Euro release since they tried to get it released for x-mas

But hopefully they will make a config for MP config

Quote[/b] ]FFUR isnt meant to be used online thats why there releasing a MP config but i doubt they had time to make one for the Euro release since they tried to get it released for x-mas

But hopefully they will make a config for MP config

Well it's working pretty good for me in MP except for some (few) MP dedicated server missions, i guess it may be a dedicated server bug regarding some addon texture incompability.

I play this packs a lot in MP and they've been running good except for this issue.

Nice shots hidden.

Quote[/b] ]just a question about the challenger 1, is it possible to download just the challenger 1 that is used in the ffur euro pack as a single pbo..

Sorry there's no single .pbo of this challenger 1, it's an oldy desert challenger we retextured and implemented instead of the m60.

Quote[/b] ]u guys deserve a rest.......

Haven't got it yet because of the incoming FFUR 2005. ;-)

Quote[/b] ]why do pics never look the same as in game

It usually depends on the graphic card's quality.

Quote[/b] ]my comp tends to get quite slow with all FFUR versions (exept the euro config for some reason)

Because the number of addons have been decreased from ~200 to ~30 for the euro pack, this considerably reduced the loading time of 40%.

The same goes for the FFUR 2005 6.0 that will be released within a few days.

Quote[/b] ]does anyone know if there will be a MP config?

There would be an mp config, but no ETA because it requires some intensive tests in order to make sure it won't cause too much of troubles.

Quote[/b] ]Well it's working pretty good for me in MP except for some (few) MP dedicated server missions, i guess it may be a dedicated server bug regarding some addon texture incompability.

Glad to know that the "single" config works that good online, wasn't expecting that :-p, if would be great if you might send me by pm the whole errors and glitches you got when you was playing it online in order to kill'em all.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Some little bugs I found while playing the euro mod.:

- The Wolf has no working headlights.

- The Swedish patrolboat is missing 'driving' sounds

- The Warrior has a white 'headlightish' texture infront of its headlights.

...Well it's working pretty good for me in MP except for some (few) MP dedicated server missions, i guess it may be a dedicated server bug regarding some addon texture incompability...

Thats exactly what it is. Its OK (as far as I know) for Client servers (i.e. knon-dedicated). Try and get a screenshot of the exact error message, might give insight as to which addon is causing the bug.

I had the same issue with an early (VBS1) version of my Weapons pack, one of the rails on the SPR was 512x64 or some-such and VBS1 flipped a bitch everytime the SPR was used on a dedicated server. Simply changing the aspect ratio of the affected texture(s) fixes the problem, so try to get a screenshot of the error message to try and ascertain which addon is at fault and perhaps Thunderbird/the original author can release a quick fix.

...Well it's working pretty good for me in MP except for some (few) MP dedicated server missions, i guess it may be a dedicated server bug regarding some addon texture incompability...

Thats exactly what it is. Its OK (as far as I know) for Client servers (i.e. knon-dedicated). Try and get a screenshot of the exact error message, might give insight as to which addon is causing the bug.

I had the same issue with an early (VBS1) version of my Weapons pack, one of the rails on the SPR was 512x64 or some-such and VBS1 flipped a bitch everytime the SPR was used on a dedicated server. Simply changing the aspect ratio of the affected texture(s) fixes the problem, so try to get a screenshot of the error message to try and ascertain which addon is at fault and perhaps Thunderbird/the original author can release a quick fix.

from my recollection of dedicated servers and addons (which i generally deal with every day) and incorrect texture ratios (anything 8x and above is incompatible) is that the server will refuse to load the mission at all, let alone show any error message.

i can assure FFUR that its not the UKF stuff as its all tested on dedicated servers before release smile_o.gif

Can anyone post or PM me an "empty" (as in no custom addons) addons folder (also Res/Addons).

I can't see anything that might cause problems, but I'm still getting unit-related ones.

Thanks thumbs-up.gif

i may of found an error/bug

i was playing a mission which i havent played before without FFUR and on the outro it shows Guba getting into an Mi17 but with Euro mod he gets in and is seen above the Mi17 alot simmilar to the BMP where the soldiers were sitting above the BMP in the other releases

Not sure if this is the fault of FFUR or the actual mission ?

But better to be safe then sorry

Edit - Just been playing some more and the SA-80 iron sights are far too small compared to what you can see when just in first person make them bigger so they look as they match the scope mounted on it in the first place

Edit2 - With the M4A1 Marksman my action menu says Reload Sa80 Mag is that just me or is it the same with other people ?

Quote[/b] ]Can anyone post or PM me an "empty" (as in no custom addons) addons folder (also Res/Addons).

I can't see anything that might cause problems, but I'm still getting unit-related ones.

Couldnt you just delete all addons in your Addons and Res/Addons folder then do a fresh re install then try without mod folders ?

I think i found a bug concerning spetsnaz and his silenced AKM (or something), the aimpoint is not aligned in the zoom view (V).

Edit - Just been playing some more and the SA-80 iron sights are far too small compared to what you can see when just in first person make them bigger so they look as they match the scope mounted on it in the first place

they arent his weapons to do that too... and there are no ironsights on the SA80's

Quote[/b] ]with Euro mod he gets in and is seen above the Mi17 alot simmilar to the BMP where the soldiers were sitting above the BMP in the other releases

Already reported.

Quote[/b] ]With the M4A1 Marksman my action menu says Reload Sa80 Mag is that just me or is it the same with other people ?

will fix it out.

Quote[/b] ]the SA-80 iron sights are far too small compared to what you can see

Not that small, I got a couple of screenshots sent by james (British military and FFUR military adviser) showing closely the SUSAT, it's quite small, though.

susat1ffur7rc.jpg

susat2ffur3wi.jpg

susat3ffur8ko.jpg

Btw, the FFUR 2005 won't be released on the 1st january because we unfortunately haven't got enough of time in order to entirely accomplish it, plus I think it would be better to get the Spetznatz mod shilka first.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

TB, any idea when U will be releasing fixed versions of Woodland 1985 and Winter 1985 packs?  huh.gif

Btw, incase no one yet mention it - U did a cool job of the new driving anims!  biggrin_o.gif

Well i suppoe its not that big afterall just that the addon of the SA80 it looks rather huge no matter though

Quote[/b] ]Btw, the FFUR 2005 won't be released on the 1st january because we unfortunately haven't got enough of time in order to entirely accomplish it, plus I think it would be better to get the Spetznatz mod shilka first.

Shame but yep best wait for that Shilka

well we can wait........ biggrin_o.gif

jan 1st is jus a day away...and yeah i wud consider it as my b-day gift as well...advanced bday gift tounge2.gif

I hate to do this but there is one smaller bug in the cinematics (I noticed this a while back but kept my mouth shut).

In the FFUR Euro, 2005, Winter, Asia and Woodland packs the final scene of the Reistance battle doesn't play out correctly, it works for the first 20 seconds before the whole movie seizes up and all you see is a civilan that your able to move around (mouse wise).

My guess is that there's a compatibility problem with the island packs? as the scene is in a desert setting and the other's are in a Woodland setting.

Should be due to the islands...well just press 'escape' or replace the islands by the 'low' ones.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84