Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]In FFUR Euro, the British Crew are wearing helmets yet there is still a helmet on their beltkit.

will fix it.

Quote[/b] ]its really anoying cause since im not used to my new joystick i ususally fly a little too high then run into lag

Those clouds cause lag when there are several units running at the same time than aircrafts, would try to find a way to figure this out, otherwise, 'will simply take it out.

Quote[/b] ]T bird,did you put the burning bodies script thing in?If so were would i find the line's for it.Thank's p.s if not how would i put it in myself

There's a script which make soldiers burn when they're hit, even if they're hit by bullets, though. (I'd send it to you by pm if you wish) But the best soluce's to wait for the uncondensed version of ECP.

Quote[/b] ]Without question, llaumas' heads are just breathtaking, and definately should be used in all the FFUR eras.

I spent a couple of hours today in order to replace BIS heads by Llauma ones for FFUR 2005 US soldiers...

ffursoldier19yl.jpg

ffursoldier29ur.jpg

The faces are still random, but we'd try to find a way in order to modifie all BIS US faces by using 'llauma faces-architecture'.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Wow those are some great shots tb, I forget who but some time ago someone else was planning to use llauma's heads (older version), though nothing came much of it. Good to see these are coming along!

looking great! I would only advise to adjust the scaling a little bit...the heads look a little shrunken the way they are right now tounge2.gif

the Lluma heads are nice but dude loose the face textures everybody is using them, and the vacant 1000 yard stare they have has gotta go.

He made em as a demmo but damn almost more of theres creepy guys arem the the regular bis guys now.

the Lluma heads are nice but dude loose the face textures everybody is using them, and the vacant 1000 yard stare they have has gotta go.

The 1000 yard stare is realistic, they're in a hot war, and soldiers get that stare after a while in combat.

the FFUR packs are godlike. Keep it up guys.

Beautiful work! BIS's head-models really let down new models, this will really improve OFP notworthy.gif

indeed those new heads look great very nice and so do the soldiers

I am SO going to steal your work, Thunders. Wonderful job!

(By steal I mean permanently borrow for my own profit, and noone else's, so rest easy, friend!wink_o.gif

I'm sorry that I'm not going to jump the ass licking effect everyone else is doing.

The transision between the neck and the body is horrible. It's like you photoshopped it on. The scaling of the helmet is way off, as well. And make sure to add in the correct LODs.

Well, the 1,000 yard stare has been fixed by enlarging the iris. To be honest, it looked more like the soldier had taken vast amounts of speed wink_o.gif

I don't see the need to discount everybody else's remarks as 'ass-licking', but I have to agree with Mr. Zig on some points. The helmets are indeed incorrectly scaled in relation to the head. The neck transition is indeed somewhat odd looking. Still, I assume TB's screenshots are WIP, so no biggie biggrin_o.gif

On the contrary ass licking is a beautiful and accurate description.

Maybe FFUR can fix the lack of proper LODs in OFP which create a lot of strain on the GPU?

Maybe FFUR can fix the models from inverted faces which reflect light the wrong way?

Oh wait, why bother, we have a new head ..... greeeeat.

if you have seen Bambi's new project you can tell that the textures have been made to look like clothes by making them overlap and bag down he did that using photoshop is it possible you do the same on the soldiers in the 2005 pack ?

Yeh, the first screeny isn't too bad although he looks like he's got a stiff neck or something! But the other two - well the one with a beard is needing a face enlargement I think - if U look at the goggles on his helmet and then imagine him wearing them!

As for the third - either he's suffering from a serious lack of sleep or has been in another pub brawl, or I'm mixing this thread up with the one about zombies in ArmA!   rofl.gif

But hey I Know it's probably only WIP and adjustments will be required. What I liked about the BIS faces is the veriety that there was. I've not seen that much of Llumas work but those three screenies could all be the same bloke on different days of the year!  biggrin_o.gif

A nice idea Jinef, especially if you want to go and hunt through all of OFP's code. I thought FFUR was a unit replacing and effect implementing mod, not an upgrade.

Sheesh.

Only problem I can see with those heads is the helmet size and the goggles, as red kite mentioned.

Few suggestions...

I'd like scoped weapons to have an actual scope optic (with the proper zoom), the psuedo scope optics for the silenced AK or M4 (in Euro) look cool enough but its hard as hell to hit anything with them.

IIRC, the silenced G36 and M4 in the Euro pack have the same sound.

Not really a suggestion, but before downloading it, I was really hoping to see either Leclercs or Leopard 2's for the tanks in Europe pack, but that doesn't matter now, because the Challenger 2's are SWEET.

Despite my suggestions all being for the Euro pack, IMO the Euro pack is a finely tuned mod of death.  It's extremely polished and well done, it's one of the cleanest mods I've played for anything and I love it.

Oh, and a lot of the American infantry in the 85's and maybe 05 have two glowing white dots on the back of their helmet.

i asked the same thing about those glowing dots they are called... well cant remember the name but they are used by the army to tell at night who your friendlies are so you dont shoot them basically

"Cat eye band" is what you mean. It's a quite narrow OD band that goes around your helmet and has 2 reflective (luminous) badges on the back (well, meant to be in the back). It can be turned around if you don't want to give yourself away. Used quite widely in 'Nam too, if I'm not wrong. wink_o.gif

i've been playing quite a bit of OFP thanks to the ffureuro pack. lovely stuff.

but one thing i am curious to ask. you say in credits on your website that all weapons are based on real life.

to which i reply - in websites i read of LMG's having point area effective range of about 800m and an area effective range of 2km+. ok, with ofp draw distances i dont expect such a thing. but with the LMG's mad recoil and the bullets flying around everywhere i am surprised to hit anything with them even at relatively close ranges (say 200m).

maybe i am missing a trick? its worth asking.

i've been playing quite a bit of OFP thanks to the ffureuro pack. lovely stuff.

but one thing i am curious to ask. you say in credits on your website that all weapons are based on real life.

to which i reply - in websites i read of LMG's having point area effective range of about 800m and an area effective range of 2km+. ok, with ofp draw distances i dont expect such a thing. but with the LMG's mad recoil and the bullets flying around everywhere i am surprised to hit anything with them even at relatively close ranges (say 200m).

maybe i am missing a trick? its worth asking.

Nope.

It's just that the recoils are competely unrealistic.

Seconded. This is the reason I often snap my keyboard in half in frustration and hurl it out the window. I keep thinking - now, from all the videos of people firing M4s and MGs in full auto (military videos, not movies, mind you), does the gun really fly so high towards the sky so you've a better chance of hitting birds than men? Are the OFP soldiers bearing down on their weapons at all?

In some missions, I'm even forced to fall back to my own lil mod with its FDF recoils (much better, I find) and increased dispersion.

I'd have to say that the recoils are the only thing that makes FFUR unattractive to me. It's still excellent, mind you, but it makes me grit my teeth and yowl when I can't hit anything from 50 metres away.

"thirded" Iv'e been playing for year's and now can't hit a barn door with some weapon's! Any chance to tone down the recoil 's and dispersion's? pretty please smile_o.gif

I have to agree with this. Red Hammer missions get extremely difficult with the inaccurate ass AK's, might as well be a musket banghead.gif

One thing that's kinda funny is on the opening mission in Red Hammer with the Euro pack on, when I get to the fuel station, every single time the entire squad is destroyed by shotguns (at medium range mind you) and none of my Ruskie comrades even wing one of the civilian resistance. banghead.gif

But definitely don't go back to stock-style recoils, which are way too accurate.