Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

i get some mad lag playing one or two PMC Fury missions using FFUR 2005. 5FPS according to dxdll.

i tried turning terrain details and other things down but did not help.

i have a relatively good computer (AMD64 3200, 2GB RAM, 7800GTX) so i don't understand why it would lag like that.

it's a night mission with lots of helicopters in the air.

any tips? I have installed high-res islands (not the FFUR ones but the older ones available from the avob lady's website). could they be the problem? I will replace them with the standard OFP islands tonight as i am at work now.

really enjoying FFUR. looking forward to release 6.

biggrin_o.gif

just finish those few laggy missions without ffur thumbs-up.gif

hmm. very logical.

but ffur is so nice to use. wink_o.gif

Thanks for the kind words.

Quote[/b] ]i get some mad lag playing one or two PMC Fury missions using FFUR 2005. 5FPS according to dxdll.

Some of PMC missions simultaneously run a considerable amount of units numbering more than ~50 Units (Tanks, Choppers, soldiers, boats...etc).

You might get the same framerate's impact drop with other TCM or maybe even more.

Btw, Due to the fact that Benus (our talented ironsight designer) is experiencing some real life problems, I was forced to make my first ironsight.

It doesn't look that good compared to Benus ironsights, but I hope you'd appreciate it as well.

*cough*

Aimpoint used by a couple of HK firearms.

aimpoint7pp.jpg

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]i get some mad lag playing one or two PMC Fury missions using FFUR 2005. 5FPS according to dxdll.

Try without Dxdll, and use fraps to check out your FPS, i did it and performance was improved by 8-12 frames.

Oho .... someone is making some nice ironsights ....

But Thunderbird ... you used a real photo right smile_o.gif I hope it fits to the rifle you are using ....

maybe I have some time arround christmas .... to make some stuff ... because when I see this pic .... I really want to do somesthing ...

just found the pic ... smile_o.gif

... hm my working speed isn't that fast anymore...

but I didn't unlearn it smile_o.gif maybe it still needs some work ...

DecAimpoint.jpg

looking good both of the sights but i prefer TB's since its not as shiny as your Benus but yours with a few touch ups will be great

Benus - that's looking very good! No offence to TB's efforts, but I think that is a big improvement. Nice work thumbs-up.gif

You know this:

aimpoint_view1.jpg

is how it looks thrugh an Aimpoint its not red at all.

STGN

whats the point of those aimpoints in that pic i cant see anything which makes it better then normal iron sights

the scope doesnt zoom it doesnt make it clearer theres no dot in the scope looks like a non magnifying zoom scope in the middle of some iron sights

whats the point of those aimpoints in that pic i cant see anything which makes it better then normal iron sights

the scope doesnt zoom it doesnt make it clearer theres no dot in the scope looks like a non magnifying zoom scope in the middle of some iron sights

The whole idea is that its easier and quicker to aim something with a big red dot as opposed to a conventional ironsight. Try yourself in OFP which is quicker to do. It's not about magnification, thats why they have ACOGs.

TB I found a sound issue with the replacement of the sports car. The sound used when the car is driving has an annoying microphone 'tick' at the end of every loop. Can't really find the words, just drive the car in OFP.

For some reason, every time I look into the above aimpoint my eyes start to hurt. Must be the blurr.

I think the red is a bit overpowering, do you think it would look clearer if you decreased the alpha slightly?

I shouldn't judge really, it's all great work tbh!

Will you be using OFPL's BRDM-2 or will you still be keeping FDFs? I haven't gotten around to checking out OFPL's but it looks nicer.

Hi,

Thanks for the nice comments, but Benus ironsight seems better than mine,though.

Quote[/b] ]is how it looks thrugh an Aimpoint its not red at all

There are several sorts of aimpoints, that one on your pic seems to be mounted on a M4.

This one I'm gonna implement is totally red, a bit like that:

aimpoint_front.jpg

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Will you be using OFPL's BRDM-2 or will you still be keeping FDFs? I haven't gotten around to checking out OFPL's but it looks nicer.

Already implemented FDF one, but even being that old, it still looks good as well.

Perhaps we'd implement OFPL's one for 85 packs cuz it's soviet.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

seeing those pics i think Benus' aimpoint is a bit too red a too lighter shade and not very visible through it

whilst yours TB seems a bit too darker red and therfore is hard to see through so if you find something inbetween those two shades of red and make it a bit more visible to look through i think youll have your self the perfect aimpoint biggrin_o.gif

I prefer one like this smile_o.gif but I am not sure for which rifle Thunderbird wants to use it at all ... and the one I made was just made for fun

aimpointdec2.jpg

that one does look very nice but in the picture above it shows you caqn see the front and rear iron sights how about putting them in then it would look even better

There is one little problem with the "framework" of the aimpoint sights as ppl draw them in ofp now. They block way to much of the screen. In real life you almost don't even notice the tube due to where you put your eyes focus. (on the target).

Nova Logics Delta Force Black Hawk down had a very nice implementation of this effect you get from looking with both eyes open.

We're forced to keep the target point in the middle of the screen while implementing ironsights pics, we can't move it neither on the left nor on the right, and making it smaller would just mean making it out of the ironsight visual field.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

I think the main point that Jotte is making is the fact that when U actually put your eye to any scope, the body of the scope just becomes an out of focus blur around the edges of your view, and the main thing that U see is the actual 'view' of the scope. Also that 'view' appears larger than U would think due to the proximity of your eye to the eyepiece.

Simulating the view that U get with both eyes open needs to be considered also I agree, but is quite dificult to do on a single pc monitor!

I never actually liked Delta Forces scopes as I found it hard to know where I was supposed to be looking! sad_o.gif