Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Quote[/b] ]how about AI units attack AI aircraft or atleast players air craft i noticed them taking more shots at aircraft but only when theyre going very slow and hovering if theyre moving they dont even shoot near it

This seems more logical, you can effeciently take a chopper out only if it's flying slowly.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

You could use WGL Nogova, it's well done but we haven't incorporated it because of its huge size, and because it has to overwrite an important BIS file (o.pbo) as well.

Can you not put the new o.pbo into the FFUR addons folder? Also if you did that, youd be able to remove the old bis stuff that your mod has replaced, that could save some space.

It's too big to be implemented, people might do it without problems by extracting the file to their addons folder.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

I know you said the AI aircrafts attack enemy infantry ..

When I place a couple of enemy infantry groups and set AI airplanes (Helo and fighter jets) on tope of them, the planes do not attack?! They keep circiling in the air ..

Am I missing something??

Thanks.

Nick

No, things don't occur like that, even in real life, How can a jet fighter 'which's supposed to fly at ~300 - 500> 1000 mph' spot a bunch of human enemies and to take them down with such a speed?

Choppers can do that, though.

Open fire on a flying chopper in FFUR then it would take you out.

Btw, I noticed that even A10 might sometimes open fire on you using their 30mm canons, only if you agress them first.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Maybe you could have the ground AI fire at enemy choppers, so that the choppers will attack the ground troops in repsonse.

in Reply to Captain Bravo and Zendjir:

Aircrafts (fixed and rotary) in OFP will attack infantry as long as they have a hold waypoint, sure as hell they will then try to keep that WP clear of enemy presence, so go and try this.

Otherwise in determining what craft to attack with what weapon AI relies on a rough calculation of weapon hitting power versus amor of the target (structural?).

They guys who work on common amor standards for AFVs found it to be a rate of weapon power (direct hit) x 10 <=> amor. If lower then amor they will not attack. Try with a machinegunner let him target a BMP or similar. He will decline the order. Let him target a truck or a car and he will hammer away.

Now for aerial targets a similar calculation might be used by BIS, but there are other factors determinging ai weapon use against specific targets, such as precission of identification.

Essence is to make troops attack aerial targets with their rifles: They have to have high direct hit values. To change that is out of the question, since this would throw the more or less agreed values of weapon hitting power and personal amor into the bin.

Second approach would be to deliberately lower the amor for the Vehicles or try to fiddle with other values but that's up to the addon makers and might create other problems as well. Imagine a M60 gunner taking on said BMP.

So try the hold waypoint for the aircraft first and then come back and report if there is still need for a change.

S!

on the topic of the transporting the soldiers on the BMP's

im not sure this may already of been done but

if the BMP and Soldiers are in Safe or careless mode they shold get on the BMP on top of it sitting on top

But if the BMP and the soldiers are in other then Safe or Careless then they will board inside the BMP it would add a fair bit of realism and would only require one extra line of scripting to decide what mode the soldiers are in so wouldnt add alot of lag

Quote[/b] ]But if the BMP and the soldiers are in other then Safe or Careless then they will board inside the BMP it would add a fair bit of realism and would only require one extra line of scripting to decide what mode the soldiers are in so wouldnt add alot of lag

This is totally impossible to do, soldiers can still stay out or inside but you can't switch between both of sitting ways.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe you could have the ground AI fire at enemy choppers, so that the choppers will attack the ground troops in repsonse

AI infantry units attack choppers and even jet fighters 'when they're flying slowly' in FFUR.

Several changes have been carried out for this purpose,though.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]

thunderbird84

OF Fan

Group: ModMaker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...then wait for the upcoming FFUR packs.

Regards

TB84

--------------

Ill be waiting smile_o.gif

Dont worry, theres been mention of those tanks going into FFUR long before they were released. biggrin_o.gif

Just a thought - has there been any consideration of using the ORCS BMP-1 with FFUR? I think it would suit the pack much more than the nice albeit outdated CSLA one. It doesn't promote any lag from my experience, and would fit right in paintjob wise with the ORCS T72.

As for using RHS' tanks, I think that this would lead to a great increase in playability - although not as aesthetically pleasing as the ORCS T80, they certainly look almost as good, and would reduce lag levels for everyone.

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]Just a thought - has there been any consideration of using the ORCS BMP-1 with FFUR?

ORCS BMP-1 has been implemented in FFUR 1985 instead of BIS one, but FFUR 2005 uses the BMP-2 instead of the BMP-1 and the BMP-3 has been incorporated in order to replace the BMP-2.

Btw, here are some shots of the new replacements carried out these days in FFUR 2005.

Su-27 showing its outstanding abilities by executing the famous Pokatchev 'Cobra-manoeuver'. :-)

19gv1.jpg

T-80UM ready to strike Saint-Pierre.

39wn1.jpg

US BlackOp out of M4 5.56 ammo, is forced to use his Sig Sauer P226.

54am.jpg

BRDM-2 waiting for its crews for some usual patrol activities around the forest.

20ue1.jpg

NSV machine gunner spotted an apache at 12 o'clock.

43ba.jpg

Big thanks to the great mods who've carried out these outstanding addons. (RHS, FDF, Spetznatz, SJB, Bambi...etc)

we still have to ask FDFmod permission in order to publish their implemented addons.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

That was really nice, specially the UM1 smile_o.gif

More screens:

BIS G3 replaced by NorFor mod AG3.

61iw.jpg

Sniper OSV-96

82pv.jpg

Added 'Afterburner' action to the F-16.

76jr.jpg

Now Spetsnatz Units carry the GSH-18 instead of the APS.

102jk.jpg

Mi-28 replaced by Evgeni Hokum KA-52 in order to get the finalised version of the V-80 done 20 years ago.

98be.jpg

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Su-27 showing its outstanding abilities by executing the famous Pokatchev 'Cobra-manoeuver'. :-)

LOL, yeah! You show me that again with smoke trails to indicate it's AOA and then I'll believe you actually managed to pull that maneuver! biggrin_o.gif

Is that the move where the Mig pops up creating some lift and a huge amount of drag then quickly levels and anyone who was on their six is now on the Mig's 12?

Quote[/b] ]Sniper OSV-96

Oh man!!
Quote[/b] ]Mi-28 replaced by Evgeni Hokum KA-52 in order to get the finalised version of the V-80 done 20 years ago

Oh man!

Love these changes, smile_o.gif

Did u do somthing about the OSV-96 optics, i tried it and there is very hard to hit somthing, or maybe its just the bullet drop in OFP engine that is EVIL.

Nice changes, but:

- OSV-96 as standard sniper rifle is a bit over the edge, that thing is used for very special assignments and not as typical sniper rifle

- Spetsnaz use GSH-18 instead of the APS Stechkin?

Why in the world would they do that?

Afaik they still love the stechkin for its power, durability and auto mode.. perfect top clear houses.

Those two changes should be reconsidered i think, just my 2 Eurocent

Quote[/b] ]LOL, yeah! You show me that again with smoke trails to indicate it's AOA and then I'll believe you actually managed to pull that maneuver!

Hehe, it's quite hard to pull that maneuver in OFP, I simulated the Cobra by pulling up the plane without throttle and using ailerons, though: P

Quote[/b] ]Is that the move where the Mig pops up creating some lift and a huge amount of drag then quickly levels and anyone who was on their six is now on the Mig's 12?

Nah... Pogatchev Cobra seems to be exclusive to Flankers, I've never seen another jet fighter carrying it out.

Quote[/b] ]Did u do somthing about the OSV-96 optics, i tried it and there is very hard to hit somthing, or maybe its just the bullet drop in OFP engine that is EVIL.

osv8ic.jpg

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- OSV-96 as standard sniuper rifle is a bit over the edge, that thing is used for very special assignments and not as typical sniper rifle

No, the SVD hasen't been replaced by the OSV-96, I just added a new Heavy Sniper in order to balance with the US Heavy sniper (M82A1).

Quote[/b] ]- Spetsnaz use GSH-18 instead of the APS Stechkin?

Why in the world would they do that?

Afaik they still love the stechkin for its power, durability and auto mode.. perfect top clear houses.

The GSh-18 pistol was developed in mid-to-late 1990s in Russia and there are several Spetznatz units who use it, even if the APS's still quite popular across Russian special forces (especially SOBR & OMON units), but we'll keep the APS to FFUR 1985 Ru Spetznatz.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

the M2 50Cal is very bad accuracy in FFUR but after watching a few documentaries of Black hawk down the true story

the US Rangers were saying they were able to fire at very far ranges and still be very accurate, and they could fire further and accurate then the Soldiers on ground who were using the M4A1 which IIRC should fire about 600-800m so the M2 should fire further with still good acuracy

anyway looking great

and shouldnt the pistols be black as the silver can shine more so then black weapons but looking great anyway cant wait but hopefeully i can get Resistance working again

the M2 50Cal is very bad accuracy in FFUR but after watching a few documentaries of Black hawk down the true story

the US Rangers were saying they were able to fire at very far ranges and still be very accurate, and they could fire further and accurate then the Soldiers on ground who were using the M4A1 which IIRC should fire about 600-800m so the M2 should fire further with still good acuracy

anyway looking great

and shouldnt the pistols be black as the silver can shine more so then black weapons but looking great anyway cant wait but hopefeully i can get Resistance working again

I agree, for a long time, the record for longest range kill belonged to Marine Carlos Hathcock [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock ] who killed a Vietnamese soldier from 2250m. In the Gulf War, another USMC sniper took out a BMP from about 1800m away with two well placed shots from a Barrett. 50 cals are very dealy and very accurate when used correctly.

EDIT: 1800km?!?! Some of the typos I make.... banghead.gif