Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

i prefer the top colours but the bottom camo scheme is it possible to get the same colours of the top one on the bottom camo style ?

i prefer the top colours but the bottom camo scheme is it possible to get the same colours of the top one on the bottom camo style ?

Its the same pattern well I belive the bottom one is either based on an not too good comercial variant which is not mill spec or made this way because off lack of pattern too make it after but they are more or less the same patern.

this is how an arm should look aprox:

woodlandarm0ch.jpg

Look how the part on the bottom which is copied over and over is different with a different "pattern" comming after it this is how real woodland looks and the pattern which this arm is created with, is the same as the top one.

STGN

your textures are very good STGN, but the brown color seems a bit different from the authentic camo.

I think we've to adjust the colors in order to get such a camo:

strac_pack_diagram.jpg

Thank you people for your help and support, I think we'll make some changes then we'll show you the improved version.

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]By the way, is there a standalone version from your Russian winter infantry? Some guy was asking about that in ofp.info forums.

Russian winter textures have the same paths names than RHS ones, just replace RHS morotized infantry addon textures "RHS_RFMI.pbo" by those used in FFUR winter.

Regards

TB84

is it possible to edit the model slightly so it looks like his clothes are baggy like in the pic that would looks awseome

If you get these soldiers looking like that guy in the pic i will never stop playing FFUR that would be the best

sounds good

I am part of a military auxillary, so I own an authentic uniform...although my digital camera isn't working to take pictures of it, this is pretty accurate as far as colors go. Note how the brown isn't too reddish. This should be used as your reference.

thunderbird, i made a swatch of stgn's pattern using the correct colors...this is the what your camo should look like:

editcamo6qx.jpg

here is a super-duper-pixel enlarged swatches of the colors i edited:

camoswatch6sd.jpg

also thunderbird, that man in your photograph appears to be a marine because of the faded bluish tint to his camo. All marines that wore this old camo have it like this because their cloths were washed with the navy's blue uniform smile_o.gif so using those colors as referenes would be incorrect.

here are some more pictures to give you some good references:

M16_soldier2.jpg

d_sft02.jpg

note the colors on his sleeve in this one:

infantry9.jpg

aaa.jpg

THE FOLLOWING ONE IS PROBABLY THE BEST REFERENCE! THIS IS A CLEAN SHOT OF A FAIRLY WEATHERED, AUTHENTIC JACKET!

this

click...large size

Meybe the colours could be tweaked in some way so that they'd look more "weathered". Currently I think the brown is too red.

Meybe the colours could be tweaked in some way so that they'd look more "weathered". Currently I think the brown is too red.

yeah. A point I should make is that brand-spankin new uniforms do actually have a slightly reddish tint to the brown and the green looks lighter like in one of thunderbird's posts a few pages back with the uniform on the rack. However see my pictures for slightly weathered uniforms...the colors are a little more faded and are thus not as saturated. look at my reference pictures for...well...reference.

Thanks ebns72 for these great and very useful informations.

Except the red/brown part STGN BDU seems quite close to the authentic one.

I'd try to deal with these pics + stgn texture in order to get a decent US army BDU tex.

Nice shots, though.

Regards

TB84

First off all My textures are meant for ofp not for enything ells thats why they look abit rong. I have used a couple of hours and have now found a better color for brown will send it too Tb84 tomorow I have too get some sleep goodnight.gif

STGN

The Army undershirt that shows inthe open callor is brown HYK made a mistake making it green, USMC have green undershirts.

Standard Army issue t-shirt

The patches used on the units on the field uniforms are not sububed only two colors alowed OD green and black.

propor field duty patch

Noticed on the 9th id patch it had yellow and white.

should impliment the Oh58 by marfy and have the Mi2 hoplite to equal it out as a aviable small chopper on both sides.

in the FFUR1085 the UH1D/H was still used more than the UH60A in the 2005 the UH60L is the main service bird for army transport. The CLSA bird seems to be a early model A.. Nicknamed crashhawk. Nice chopper but the interior is rather lacking Can take photos of the uh60s on base just need to get aprovat first seeing most of em are SAR with evil airfarce PJs riding in them birds.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post biggrin_o.gif.

I wanted to ask how I can play for example the Swedish forces pack with FFUR? The problem is that the rocket lauchers don't work right ( I think because of the different Configs?).

But how can I make the Sfp compatible to FFUR?

Thomsen

PS: Is it possible to include the suspension scripts of the tanks in the next patch?

Hi all,

Quote[/b] ]should impliment the Oh58 by marfy and have the Mi2 hoplite to equal it out as a aviable small chopper on both sides.

What's Marfy's Kiowa link?

Quote[/b] ]in the FFUR1085 the UH1D/H was still used more than the UH60A in the 2005 the UH60L is the main service bird for army transport. The CLSA bird seems to be a early model A.. Nicknamed crashhawk.

Unfortunately for several reasons, we can't use the Huey instead of the Blackhawk, at first because the UH1 carries less soldiers, its shielding's lower, plus there's no rocket version that might replace the UH-60 (FFAR).

Quote[/b] ]I wanted to ask how I can play for example the Swedish forces pack with FFUR? The problem is that the rocket lauchers don't work right ( I think because of the different Configs?).

But how can I make the Sfp compatible to FFUR?

No, that's impossible cuz each mod has its own config and its own EH classes, combining both of them may make occur a lot of errors.

Perhaps the incoming FFUR multi configs can be used for such purposes,though.

Quote[/b] ]PS: Is it possible to include the suspension scripts of the tanks in the next patch?

Well, we avoid to implement such scripts in order to get the lower framerate's level, plus it's quite useless as scripts even if it might make more realism.

Quote[/b] ]I'm new to the forum and this is my first post

welcome.gif

Quote[/b] ]have now found a better color for brown will send it too Tb84 tomorow

Thanks.;-)

Regards

TB84

this is all sounding so cool cant wait to run around shooting things in the new units whatever they look like

After several hours of work, here's the new US camo based on ebns72 shots, Bobcatt666 advices and STGN first tex.

newus0ur.jpg

It's still "beta" but I'm quite satisfied of te result, I hope you'd like it as well.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

WAHOO they look great

anymore pics ?

and one thing this isnt really about the camo but more about there gear

it doesnt lok like they have enough kit, i would expect them to have a light on a shoulder and all the other equipment dotted about their torso plus it would make them look cooler

but its fine as it is now though

looking great

FFUR 2005 list of enhancements and changes

*Replaced Resistance songs by more famous ones coming from popular movies.

may I enquire how you manage to replace those Resistance tracks?

I can't find any references to them in the resource.bin or config.bin, do you replace them physically in the 0.pbo?

That is not how a woodland uniform looks in general even the worn out(you can actualy pull the cloth apart in some spots) pants I have dosen't look like that. I have changed the colors on my pattern too somthing better I think, will send it too you later today.

STGN

Quote[/b] ]Unfortunately for several reasons, we can't use the Huey instead of the Blackhawk, at first because the UH1 carries less soldiers, its shielding's lower, plus there's no rocket version that might replace the UH-60 (FFAR)

on Asian crisis the huey is used which can only hold 9 soldiers will it replaced with a version which can ? or a different chopper ?