Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Quote[/b] ]it doesnt lok like they have enough kit, i would expect them to have a light on a shoulder and all the other equipment dotted about their torso plus it would make them look cooler

Not especially, they usually have their kits around the belt.

Quote[/b] ]I can't find any references to them in the resource.bin or config.bin, do you replace them physically in the 0.pbo?

No, this is the worst way to replace Resistance songs, we'll follow another way to do it, Btw check out O_WP.pbo config...

Quote[/b] ]class cfgMusic

{

class 7thDarken

{

name="Seventh - Darken";

sound[]={"\O\Music\Seventh_darken.ogg",1.000000,1.000000};

};

class 7thMyLife

{

name="Seventh - My Life";

sound[]={"\O\Music\Seventh_My_Life.ogg",1.000000,1.000000};

};

class RTrack1a

{

name="Resistance Track 1a";

sound[]={"\O\Music\res01a.ogg",1.000000,1.000000};

};

class RTrack1b

{

name="Resistance Track 1b";

sound[]={"\O\Music\res01b.ogg",1.000000,1.000000};

};

class RTrack2

{

name="Resistance Track 2";

sound[]={"\O\Music\res02.ogg",1.000000,1.000000};

};

class RTrack3

{

name="Resistance Track 3";

sound[]={"\O\Music\res03.ogg",1.000000,1.000000};

};

class RTrack4

{

name="Resistance Track 4";

sound[]={"\O\Music\res04.ogg",1.000000,1.000000};

};

class RTrack5

{

name="Resistance Track 5";

sound[]={"\O\Music\res05.ogg",1.000000,1.000000};

};

class RTrack6

{

name="Resistance Track 6";

sound[]={"\O\Music\res06.ogg",1.000000,1.000000};

};

class RTrack7

{

name="Resistance Track 7";

sound[]={"\O\Music\res07.ogg",1.000000,1.000000};

};

class RTrack8

{

name="Resistance Track 8";

sound[]={"\O\Music\res08.ogg",1.000000,1.000000};

};

class RTrack9

{

name="Resistance Track 9";

sound[]={"\O\Music\res09.ogg",1.000000,1.000000};

};

class RTrack10

{

name="Resistance Track 10";

sound[]={"\O\Music\res10.ogg",1.000000,1.000000};

};

};

Quote[/b] ]on Asian crisis the huey is used which can only hold 9 soldiers will it replaced with a version which can ? or a different chopper ?

Perhaps.

We're focused on FFUR 2005 pack right now.

Regards

TB84

i think ive found a bug which from what i remember hasnt shown up before but better to be safe then sorry

on the winter pack i was playing 07 Hold Malden from the original CWC campaign and got this error

"error loading otw_haloru\ffur_halopara.p3d (magic)"

thats the error if it has been brought up before sorry for mentioning again

"US Army Infantry Personnel"/ FFUR 2005

...'spent the whole day in order to accomplish'em...

soldier13bs.jpg

soldier20tp.jpg

soldier37cj.jpg

soldier41xt.jpg

Big thanks to STGN for his BDU tex and hyk for his .p3d.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Glad you like'em.

New FFUR 2005 retextured US crew & Helicopter pilot.

crew7ic.jpg

pilot7nm.jpg

Thanks to LSR, hyk and CBT for their .p3d and once again, thanks to STGN for his BDU tex.

Regards

TB84

Oooooh yeah! Looking good!

Hey by the way, are you still planning to use Franze&Nodunit's AH-64 as a replacement for the BIS Apache?

a few things about them

1. They look great

2. the backpack at waist level near the canteens i think would be better as OD green like the pack on their legs

but thats just my opinion

3. i supose its more of a anim matter the pilot is holding the gun up in the British army i beleive you are told not to point up as you could deafen your self if a round is fired by accident a firearm should always be pointed towards the ground when stationary and the same all round i think

anyway looking amazing

oh and the undershirt is looking a bit pixelated i think apart from that great job on them

2. the backpack at waist level near the canteens i think would be better as OD green like the pack on their legs

but thats just my opinion

U.S. soldiers use the MOLLE II buttpack, which is only available in Woodland or Tri-color patterns. No OD MOLLE II buttpack, unless it's one of those older A.L.I.C.E. buttpacks (which are still used to some extent, but not on MOLLE II FLC's).

Hey TB, nevermind a government agency - U should be working for BIS!! - And if so mayby ARMA would be released much sooner! notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hey TB, nevermind a government agency - U should be working for BIS!! - And if so mayby ARMA would be released much sooner!

sorry to bust your bubble red kite, but its not that hard to create a unit replacement mod if you know how to work the config.  Theres probally hundreds of people who know how to do this.  All you need is a pbo decryptor program and makepbo program as well as the addons and your set !

I have also created my own unit replacement mod, which I think is just as good as ffur.  But I do not wish to release it to the public because so many people said in earlier versions that im copying ffur.  Which I am not by any extent.  So the mod is only used among my clan members.

But every mod has something different and unique that other mods will not have.

Quote[/b] ]...and are you planning to change the head models to llauma ones? :P
Quote[/b] ]How about replace old BIS head models for Llauma´s?

Well we'd be glad to do such a change, but we need more suited faces because 32 are definitely not enough.

If we'd implement'em, then they'll be intended only to US Army Infantry Personnel.

Quote[/b] ]oh and the undershirt is looking a bit pixelated i think apart from that great job on them

This is not the final versions, more minor enhancements are envisaged.

Btw, thanks people for the nice comments, glad you like'em.

Quote[/b] ]sorry to bust your bubble red kite, but its not that hard to create a unit replacement mod if you know how to work the config. Theres probally hundreds of people who know how to do this. All you need is a pbo decryptor program and makepbo program as well as the addons and your set !

I have also created my own unit replacement mod, which I think is just as good as ffur. But I do not wish to release it to the public because so many people said in earlier versions that im copying ffur. Which I am not by any extent. So the mod is only used among my clan members.

FFUR isn't a classical total conversion pack,

We make more than a "classical replacement" that may make as changes these classical lines "model/hiddenselections/sounds...".

All addons are decompressed and only the necessary p3ds are used, all models paths are changed for (5 packs).

Every day we spend many hours streamlining and improving this project so as to reduce lag and enhance the playing experience.

We do our best to respect people choices by keeping a balance between realism and gameplay, we make changes if necessary and we do our best to find a middle ground between gameplay and realism preferences that is enjoyable to all.

I'm not trying to downplay the quality of other total conversion mods, but I would highlight the quality of FFUR, because it is due to a great deal of sacrifice on the behalf of myself and the entire team, giving time with our girlfriends and our real world social pursuits.

Why?

For one reason: Enjoying people by giving to this great simulator a new life.

Regards

Thunderbird84

My mod is simply a very poor mishmash combo of ECP and new units, and noone with a computer as good as mine (3.4GHz, 2 Gig DDR2, 256 GF6800GTO) could run it - it causes a bit of lag even on mine. I've been trying to find out how FFUR avoids lag with the ORCs T80, but I'm still working on it.

I've been trying to find out how FFUR avoids lag with the ORCs T80, but I'm still working on it.

Yeah there was a huge deal with that in y2k3, maybe thunderbird worked his texturing magic biggrin_o.gif

Nice texure jobs with the troops by the way. I just noticed one thing; the place where you textured the top bit of the model to simulate the shirt being buttoned down (I presume?) I dont think this is really a good idea. It may be the way IRL, but in Flashpoint how are you going to make it work with different textures of skin?

I'm not too sure about the T80, I checked his work and he's preserved the textures at their standard reso. Must be something else...

Your probally lagging on your own unit replacement mod because you have too many scripts running, or you did something else wrong. If you just replace the models of units, it wont cause the game to lag unless you have a really bad system.

Quote[/b] ] I've been trying to find out how FFUR avoids lag with the ORCS T80, but I'm still working on it.

Simple, people think that the lag's due to the size of textures, in fact its source is the "class useractions" / "class animation", I've taken both of them out of the T-80 class then everything worked very well.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

@ Airblade - only the ORCs tanks lag. I'll try them minus scripts + animations (pity about losing the suspension stuff, though - <sigh>).

I'll have a dig, Thundermaster.

BTW, are you going to include the new OWP/Laser pilots in the next pack?

HI.. i have one Suggestion, add MI-2 and Replace MI-17 with MI-26 or just add it, from our weapons, little more balance in MP, also think the more different 2005 is from 85 mods the better it will be, maybe spetznatz shilka to 85`s and tunguska to 2005? i dont think its so hard to kill, BIS missions will be little harder thats all. no matter how you decide to do, ffur is still the best mod ever played by me, just like to give suggestions sorry smile_o.gif