Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Quote[/b] ]It seems you are real war fan

War is my best hated friend.

But like a lot of people here, I try to keep informed about military stuff.

Quote[/b] ]so why can Russia only have three, there so many nice weapons that dont get used. that was all

Because this has been decided by BIS.

Please people keep in mind that the FFUR mod is a total conversion mod, that means that our main and first objective is to replace BIS stuff by the best of OFP's community and by keeping a balance between realism and gameplay.

We decided to add some 'extra' stuff in order to enjoy some people, but adding too much of units might go against the pack's envisaged size and against our 'Total conversion mod status' as well.

That's why we decided to establish the compatibility of FFUR packs with extra-addons, as you can see here.

...still unfinished.

Btw, We improved the 'reflection effect' by making it more dynamic and more realistic.

Some shots. 'Clear Weather, in OFP's summer'

You should see the brightness level differences between the top 'which's cleared by the sun' and the left flank which isn't cleared.

pic16si.jpg

The same here, watch carefully this hill and the Cessna wings.

pic34bk.jpg

...And finally

pic47to.jpg

Plus now people who can't run DXDLL might get some decent 'reflection effects'.

smile_o.gif

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]Is there a different intro'logo like FDF or ECP? Should it say anything about the mod after I click??

Each FFUR pack has its own icon that you may use for the shorcut you've carried out.

Quote[/b] ]Other question I have . speaking of realism .. any chance to have HD High Dispersion units (like Jam) in mod? So you don't get killed from a mile away

A lot of changes have been done for this purpose in order to avoid being killed by a 'one bullet-one kill'.

Check out our website for more infos.

The incoming expected packs will include a lot of new features, especially 'Realistic Bullets values'.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

xmas_o.gif Wow, looks great! Can't wait for the next version. I really love this conversion mod, such great units and lag-free smile_o.gif.

1 tiny thingy though; I have noticed all units engage at much longer ranges than in vanilla. This is a great improvement in general but it becomes problematic with anti-tank soldiers. I decided to replay the 1985 campaign with FFUR, but am stuck at the 'alert' mission. In that mission you are driven to the insertion point by an m113, but before anyone can disembark the APC is blown up by AT soldiers. I tried setting the viewdistance to 500, but that didn't help.

You stated before that the goal of FFUR is to maintain BIS-balance, so you might look into this. My suggestion is to set AT-weapon range back to what it was before and to decrease the anti-personell capability of armor. This could be done by decreasing their range or by setting a higher dispersion value for MG's.

Just my 2 cents. Don't get discouraged though FFUR is still the nr1 mod for me smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote

so why can Russia only have three, there so many nice weapons that dont get used. that was all

Quote[/b] ]Because this has been decided by BIS.

OK, fair enough,

We decided to add some 'extra' stuff in order to enjoy some people

tounge2.gif This!!! was really good news, figured the As val is the Bizon.pbo, but im not sure. cant find it in the extra ffured and lagless Addons, but i can read .......still unfinished. it`s allmost too good to be true biggrin_o.gif here comes the gratitude spam.

(Tunguska.pbo?

(T-80UM1.pbo,? with Arena and Shtora, still unfinished from RHS.

(T-90.pbo maybe?

(KA-50 or 52.pbo?

(from our weapons

Mi-26 Mi-2 one of the Mi-8, and one civ Mi-8?

also there is many to futuristic weapons, to better be saved for the future like(T80-UM2, black eagle, Su-47 Berkut,)

this was kind off main wish list. but dont add it now, save it for AA. and all the other improvments to, as if all OFP fans is lucky it can be as soon as 1,DEC, think if ffur is lagless now on OFP, then it must be very lagless in AA, and am sure AA do not have all these units and weapons biggrin_o.gif

ffured= removed all useless fancy scripts and functions on addons, take away high res on textures, all to make it lagless? i think i got it right. Amen notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote

so why can Russia only have three, there so many nice weapons that dont get used. that was all

Quote[/b] ]Because this has been decided by BIS.

OK, fair enough,

We decided to add some 'extra' stuff in order to enjoy some people
tounge2.gif This!!! was really good news, figured the As val is the Bizon.pbo, but im not sure. cant find it in the extra ffured and lagless Addons, but i can read .......still unfinished. it`s allmost too good to be true biggrin_o.gif here comes the gratitude spam.

(Tunguska.pbo?

(T-80UM1.pbo,? with Arena and Shtora, still unfinished from RHS.

(T-90.pbo maybe?

(KA-50 or 52.pbo?

(from our weapons

Mi-26 Mi-2 one of the Mi-8, and one civ Mi-8?

also there is many to futuristic weapons, to better be saved for the future like(T80-UM2, black eagle, Su-47 Berkut,)

this was kind off main wish list. but dont add it now, save it for AA. and all the other improvments to, as if all OFP fans is lucky it can be as soon as 1,DEC, think if ffur is lagless now on OFP, then it must be very lagless in AA, and am sure AA do not have all these units and weapons biggrin_o.gif

ffured= removed all useless fancy scripts and functions on addons, take away high res on textures, all to make it lagless? i think i got it right. Amen notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]The Mi-26 could be put in to balance out the Chinook on the US side. What about putting in those CSLA FIA 'Technicals' on the resistance side?
Quote[/b] ]Well following the fact that we expect to establish the compatibility of FFUR packs with "Extra" stuff, then we won't have to include so many addons that won't be used in BIS missions & campaigns.

you could do it yourself,though. (just by extracting the .pbo to your ffur...\addons or Res\addons ...etc).-wink_o.gif

One of our main objectives is to keep FFUR packs the lighter possible. (that's why we incorporated only a few & light "extra" units into FFUR packs).

Quote[/b] ]ch_123 Posted on Nov. 28 2005,12:48
Quote[/b] ]you could do it yourself,though. (just by extracting the .pbo to your ffur...\addons or Res\addons ...etc).-

the addons is not ffured = lag, lag, lag

i think that Bis rules that you could not sell youre addons, is not fair to addon makers and ffur team, only one that benefits from this is bis, i could say that if it wasn`t for ffur i never bought the game three times(money goes to Bis) i lost the game two times,, anyway rules and laws is just in youre way to reach youre objective smile_o.gif you could always climb over them or go around them some way, or you can take advantage off them. dont know but i can guess that ffur have been downloaded not less than 30,000 times, lot of money if everyone payed 5-10$ for it, i think most would pay.

suggestion is, take a pic off youre computer, sell the pic for 5-10$ give away free addon ffur 6.0, that includes with the downloaded pic. say that ffur is just a way to spread youre talent and show it for people, you dont sell it.

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]My suggestion is to set AT-weapon range back to what it was before and to decrease the anti-personell capability of armor

We will decrease (AT/Javelin/Vampire/RPG7) soldiers firing range abilities.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Quote[/b] ]the addons is not ffured = lag, lag, lag

->

Quote[/b] ]Well this is not a bad idea at all but you have to know that actually the majority of addons have their own class EH and their own Scripting (as smoke, cockpit actions, Lower/raise gear...etc), combining FFUR scripts and theirs would represent a big deal and a lot of time of work, plus for now, we have other objectives, though.

But maybe we could do it later.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Hi, firstly I’d like to thank the FFUR team on a wonderful job! The packs definitely breathe new life into Flashpoint. notworthy.gif

Secondly, regarding the multiplayer configuration. What will differ from the FFUR single player experience?

Quote[/b] ]Quote  

My suggestion is to set AT-weapon range back to what it was before and to decrease the anti-personell capability of armor

We will decrease (AT/Javelin/Vampire/RPG7) soldiers firing range abilities.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Strange I played the mission manny times (1985 woodland), and my m113 was never destroyed!

I like the engagement range!

All in all a superb collection!

My suggestions:

-Helicopter pilots should not bail out

-rocket smoke to big and orange (should be more yellow)

-There is nearly no explosion sound after a plane crashes. (great explosion!!!wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Plus now people who can't run DXDLL might get some decent 'reflection effects'.

YAY how about reflective water ? or add an extra installer to add reflective water like for the sky pack that would be cool since i cant run DXDLL but it looks so good maybe i can when i get my new updrages for the comp

note - ive got a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX is that the graphics card or something else and if i wanted DXDLL what would you suggest on getting ?

sorry for going off topic alittle

Just a brief post to let you know how much I like the whole new pack. Having the island replacement pack is a great addition.

As usual, I am simply wondering how could ArmA be any better than FFUR ? whistle.gif

I don't remember OFP being this good!!  biggrin_o.gif

I'd hate to say a mod is better than other, but this one certainly stand head and shoulders (without the dandruf!wink_o.gif above the rest!

The epmhasis on realism is its strongest point. Keep up the good work!

Out of curiousty can it be played MP now or does it need some sort of MP patch?

Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]Out of curiousty can it be played MP now or does it need some sort of MP patch?

i think with the 6.0 packs there will be a mp config

which i cant wait to try out

just one thing about it will i be able to join any server without getting kicked or will there have to be special FFUR servers which allow it ?

just one thing about it will i be able to join any server without getting kicked or will there have to be special FFUR servers which allow it ?

Personally, I’m hoping for the latter. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the kind words, you're all very welcome!

Quote[/b] ]What will differ from the FFUR single player experience?

&

Quote[/b] ]just one thing about it will i be able to join any server without getting kicked or will there have to be special FFUR servers which allow it ?

There would be 2 MP configs:

-Config intended to dedicated servers.

-Config that will allow you to play with in all severs.

(The second config will replace only Firearms, human units and some effects in order to avoid getting disturbed by CTDs and issues).

Quote[/b] ]-Helicopter pilots should not bail out

-rocket smoke to big and orange (should be more yellow)

-There is nearly no explosion sound after a plane crashes. (great explosion!!!wink_o.gif

Will take the lifeboat out of Helicopter pilots and will make some changes as well.

Quote[/b] ]ive got a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX is that the graphics card or something else and if i wanted DXDLL what would you suggest on getting ?

Unfortunately you can't run DXDLL with such a graphic card, if you wish to get some decent water reflection effects, you will have to buy at least a fifth generation graphics card.

Quote[/b] ]Out of curiousty can it be played MP now or does it need some sort of MP patch?

Reven is working on a small tool that will allow you to choose between SP/MP before to run FFUR Mods.

Btw, I spent some hours today on some 'drop commands' lines in order to improve Tanks explosion effects to make 'em more realistic.

Some shots.

Now there's a black smoke that appears on tanks when they're hit.

step10qw.jpg

The second 3BM26 shell lets no chance to the US M60...

step31qf.jpg

The tank starts burning, you should see the flame's growing up...

step43ft.jpg

As you see, the flame's size has been decreased in order to be more realistic and less hollywoodish than the previous one...

(...added a grey/black'n white smoke effect around it as well)

step57hq.jpg

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

WOW they look super only one thing to improve them craters biggrin_o.gif

just a thought i think you said you were taking them out due to the 50feet ones you can get ocasionally but why not try to use an ECP script one ? ive not noticed any 50feet craters

anyway looking very good and the whole thing sounds great

damn shame my OFP aint working im stuck with 1.46 Gold edition cant wait till my new resistance CD comes in the post ill take care of this one no more scratches biggrin_o.gif

looking good

The only thing I'd recommend and not sure how easy it is to implement, is have AI air units attack enemy infantry. Your squad could be outnumberd on ground yet non of your AI air units nearby would give you any kind of support!

Not sure if that is possible without a lot of scripting.

Thanks.

I love those tank destruction effects. Its good to see OFP has come along from the dark ages of tanks crumpling up like a ball of paper and a black circle appearing underneath them. yay.gif

I have the Hi-res Islands Pack installed in OFP and I'm going to download the '85 Winter and Desert Packs. Will I need to put the old island back?

No, the desert and winter islands are included in the respective mod folders, so for example when you load the winter mod it loads the winter island as part of the mod ignoring the islands you have installed in your BIS folders (which the Woodlands '85 and 2005 FFUR use)

TB,

Before shortening the engagement ranges for anti-armor infantry I'd first seriously consider starting a poll of some sort asking the question "Are you having mission failures due to the infantry's ability to use their anti-armor weaponry at greater ranges?" If the answer is mostly "No" then I would not change it.

I have yet to experience this "problem" myself, and I really appreciate the added sense of realism one gets when the units fire their rockets off at long ranges. Keeps your heart in your throat!

I know that this was mentioned earlier, but once the grenade launchers are set to fire at longer ranges then we'll REALLY get a more accurate sense of the terror of combat. Unless the range alteration causes a serious, predictable and reoccurring problem, please keep the engagement ranges longer than the default BIS values, it's much more immersive.

Yours,

Kyle

Nov. 29, 2005

~P.S.

I love the new lighting effects!

smile_o.gif

Two things that I would like to suggest for this great mod thumbs-up.gif :

1. AI is only shooting at you when they see you and target you, it never shoots in your general direction after they see you, or at your last known position. I think it would be more realistic if the AI would shoot more at your direction whe apropriate insdead of shooting only directly at you. It would bring more action too. I'm metioning this here because i track this topic and think you could be able to figure it out.

2. You could make "FFUR lite" with just game enchantments ( effects, sky and weather addons, new animation, new editor and GUI, maybe irosights ), something like Ofp-D.

Keep up the good work!

I finally tried FFUR and I like the fact that AI guns shooting creates a bit of smoke, haven't seen that effect before, it makes it more fun to spot the enemies and sense the direction in which they are shooting

do the custom islands mentioned include replacements for standard BIS islands (I would like to see versions of Nogova with identical quality relief but with different housings et.)?

Hi all,

Quote[/b] ]just a thought i think you said you were taking them out due to the 50feet ones you can get ocasionally but why not try to use an ECP script one

This has nothing to do with ECP, the craters used in FFUR have been implemented only for choppers because they make more sense, but due to choppers light mass value, the crater appears very high, if we'd use it with tanks, this problem won't appear anymore but we won't do it in order to avoid 'lag' problems when there would be too much of destroyed tanks.

Quote[/b] ]AI air units attack enemy infantry.

AI aircraft units attack infantry personnel in FFUR.

Quote[/b] ]please keep the engagement ranges longer than the default BIS values

Will keep BIS values for AT&Law Soldiers.

Quote[/b] ]AI is only shooting at you when they see you and target you

This needs a specifical scripting that uses the 'nearestobject' command. We try to avoid the use of AI scripts the maximum possible in order to avoid lag issues that occur in congested areas.

For this reason, we have been forced to withdraw VME scripts,though.

Quote[/b] ]You could make "FFUR lite" with just game enchantments ( effects, sky and weather addons, new animation, new editor and GUI, maybe irosights )

One of the two multi configs would be like that.

Quote[/b] ]do the custom islands mentioned include replacements for standard BIS islands (I would like to see versions of Nogova with identical quality relief but with different housings et.)?

You could use WGL Nogova, it's well done but we haven't incorporated it because of its huge size, and because it has to overwrite an important BIS file (o.pbo) as well.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]AI aircraft units attack infantry personnel in FFUR

how about AI units attack AI aircraft or atleast players air craft i noticed them taking more shots at aircraft but only when theyre going very slow and hovering if theyre moving they dont even shoot near it

it would be cool if you were flying by and infantry started shooting at you becuse in real life it is possible to take a chopper down with rifle rounds

i saw it on the news an american chopper transporting soldiers in Iraq started to take ground fire and it showed them taping it up with duck tape biggrin_o.gif but there were a lot of holes they must do some dammage right ?