Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Btw, the main/biggest changes carried out (visual ones) are done on FFUR 2005.

Thanx wink_o.gif I see you know exactly what I want to know even if I don't ask for it wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

soundng great and that pic looks like a new game i cant wait for the new releases i just love this mod it adds everything you want to a game which the orignal doesnt have

also will you be doing a special patch for people who would like the special AI effects done in the VME mod ? becuase i love those AI scripts

anyway very nice work

iv got some ?? on the island packs low and high, what are the diffrence in them is there more textur to the high one the there is on the low one? What im saying is do u got more on the high on then the low one?

the high ones replace all the trees by Berghoffs ones but it comes with a few bugs like AI not seeng you in the forests at close range

Ai driving wonky and some intros and outros may go wrong

i think it is but i havent tested out those packs in a while

but if its different it will be better probaly im not sure

Yea, textures are the main advantage apart from the new trees. The whole feel of the high res islands ia totally different - much  much nicer looking than resistance textures and trees! Thats if U don't mind those minor bugs. xmas_o.gif

i wouldnt need anything else apart from a new graphics card so i can run DXDLL and have less lag on the game i will be set biggrin_o.gif

2) i do not like the cross hairs. thats simply personal taste. how do i revert to OFP's defualt crosshairs (the one that looks like a disected T shape)?

The crosshair you are reffering to is the one used by the M21's scope. However, the new one in the screenshots is a Mil-Dot scope which is used pretty much universally by the US Military.

I believe he's talking about the crosshair you see when your "shooting from the hip". Not the one when you look through a scope / sights / etc.

TB,

I've just finished watching the latest promotional video from the VME team, and it's just incredible to watch what the AI do in that video.

Put simply, my jaw hit the floor, bounced back up to hit the ceiling, and then slammed down into the floor again!

I realize that you stated before that you have every intention of releasing a seperate config that integrates VME's fantastic suppressing and CQB AI, because you had concerns about its impact on framerate and performance.

From watching the latest video (known as "VME - IA Fire Suppresive System Video", found here: ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd....deo.rar ) there appeared to me no performance issues. If this is the case, and if the upcoming release of VME's AI work can be integrated into FFUR's next release, then perhaps you might want to consider integrating it into all of the FFUR releases. That's if, of course, the performance hit is as minimal as it seems in the video.

Pretty amazing AI work, that's for sure!

Yours,

Kyle

Dec. 7, 2005

smile_o.gif

Hi,

I got these scripts yesterday, checked'em out and all I can say is 'wow', they're quite impressive, I'll test'em carefully before implementing'em in game in order to make sure they won't cause any problem.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

I think that's called a 'reticle' whistle.gif

i stand corrected. wink_o.gif

i actually really enjoy the iron sights/cross hair in this pack a lot.

so the reticle is what i am talking about. sorry.

as an aside (ie talking about the reticle) what i would like is for AI and player is shooting from the hips (using the reticle) gives noticably higher disperion while shooting from iron sights/ cross hair has very very little or none of the false dispersion and just realistic (as far as possible that is) recoil.

that way you'd be much more likely to use the weapon in a manner simialr to real life. how the hell you get the AI to do this is tricky (maybe base it on distance becuase anyone who shoots from the hip at a distance of 50m or more is probably going to miss quite a bit). anyway sorry for the meander.

TB,

I'm happy to hear that you already have your hands on VME's latest AI scripts. My fingers are tightly crossed that all goes smoothly in your testing of them!

Kyle

Dec. 7, 2005

smile_o.gif

...as an aside (ie talking about the reticle) what i would like is for AI and player is shooting from the hips (using the reticle) gives noticably higher disperion while shooting from iron sights/ cross hair has very very little or none of the false dispersion and just realistic (as far as possible that is) recoil.

that way you'd be much more likely to use the weapon in a manner simialr to real life. how the hell you get the AI to do this is tricky (maybe base it on distance becuase anyone who shoots from the hip at a distance of 50m or more is probably going to miss quite a bit). anyway sorry for the meander.

As far as I know, only one dispersion factor can be assigned to each weapon firing mode (i.e. semi, full-auto, burst etc.), so having different dispersions, for using iron-sights and simply shooting from the hip, is not possible. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but there is no way detect if someone is using an optic view.

Wow, the supressing videos are really impressive. I hope you can implement this. Its difficult to say something about the lag created though, the vid only featured 5 units or so.

Quote[/b] ]Also, correct me if I am wrong, but there is no way detect if someone is using an optic view.

Indeed, this is impossible to do, the only way to make the accuracy of weapons without 'scopes' different from those which have'em can be done via cfgammo/cfgweapons values. (dispersion, etc...)

In any way, wait & see.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

i like the sound of those scripts i wish for youo to put them in

i would love some super fierce fire fights with those scripts aswell as the other effects your doing to weapons to make firefights more interesting with Ai leaning and supressing the enemy and half injured men propped up against a tree or wall

also can we see some more pics of those anims or maybe even a small video of a guy getting shot and going into that animation and show the sequence that would be great

cant wait for this mod

That suppressing fire... Amazing! wow_o.gif It hasn't been released yet, has it? I'm wondering whether the unit's experience is factored in, i.e. whether green units will be easier to suppress than veteran ones. The commander would then really have a function!

Quote[/b] ]also can we see some more pics of those anims or maybe even a small video of a guy getting shot and going into that animation and show the sequence that would be great

It's a static animation that is used, when the soldier's heavly wounded, due to that, he falls down instead of sitting down, (but it's not that bad even being static), then the wounded soldier starts coughing and tries to breath (SFX sounds I recorded : P) until he dies.

This sequence's quite harsh, some people might even find it 'funny'.

Quote[/b] ]That suppressing fire... Amazing!

For some reasons, it causes some issues, but I'm not gonna withdraw it so quickly, I contacted vme script maker in order to change some values.

Hopefully we'd implement a better version than the envisaged one.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It hasn't been released yet, has it?

Not yet.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

i would love that suppresive fire but is there a way to keep the action menu as it is without having extra actions to use

i would love that suppressive fire but is there a way to keep the action menu as it is without having extra actions to use

These actions aren't especially needed, just some gameplay elements added by VME.

They won't be included in FFUR if the 'AI suppressive fire' scripts would be implemented.

Regards

TB84