Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Quote[/b] ]Do you mean a full pack with everything included, with an auto-install and Tovarish launcher ?? Jeeeez, sounds like a great Xmas !

Yup, this time all packs would be regrouped in one but not sure if all of them would be released the 24th december, because we still have some stuff to do on'em, but there would be the Christmas envisaged surprise (at least for sure) ,though.

Quote[/b] ] the tanks arent totally dead but start releasing smoke and fill up the battlefield with thick and thin smoke makes it seem more like a battlefield and adds so much atmosphere to the mission[

This feature has already been done and I implemented it a few days ago, i did it random in order to avoid lag issues when there would be too much of destroyed tanks in saturated areas.

Quote[/b] ]If anyone has a problem with missing hfr_ah64 message here is a solution: look into hfr_apac.pbo and remove config.cpp from there.

FFUR only needs graphic files from this addon.

Such problems won't occur anymore with the incoming FFUR 6.0 packs because all addons have been regrouped in kind of 'ffur_...' folders in order to allow the use of 'extra addons ' with FFUR.

hehe...:P

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

shall we all start guessing about the X-mas suprise biggrin_o.gif

my call will be those BLEED UK soldiers with some Iraq soldiers also in the first Gulf war they did have enough weapons to fill in all the slots i read a book where they had Scud launchers and AA guns (Aka. Bravo two zero) but yeah they had enough stuff i think

So i say British Vs Iraq with the Iranian Forces as Resistace (I think the Iranians are the guys im thinking of)

Quote[/b] ]shall we all start guessing about the X-mas suprise

Christmas FFUR Project-guess is launched.

wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]If anyone has a problem with missing hfr_ah64 message

Such problems won't occur anymore with the incoming FFUR 6.0 packs because all addons have been regrouped in kind of 'ffur_...' folders in order to allow the use of 'extra addons ' with FFUR.

Yes, i believe you but I can't wait smile_o.gif

I'm currently replaying PMC Fury (many apaches as support and in cutscenes) and those messages are annoying.

Anyway, great work with FFUR - it goes well on my crappy notebook. One thing - as it was said before, sounds of weapons are too weak. I replaced them with INQ sounds - I like to hear the power of my gun from my subwoofer smile_o.gif

You could make two configs with different sounds to allow personal choice.

Regards

su27

Contents of the incoming FFUR Surprise Pack

*New theme inspired on real life events that happened the last 10 years. (Several countries involved)

*Very realistic weapons values.

*Improved the gameplay.

*Enhanced Dynamic reflection effects.

*All units, weapons, vehicles, boats and aircrafts have been replaced by the best addons of the community that are suited to the theme and the theme era as well. some addons have even been enhanced by the FFUR team.

*New effects.

*Designed new firearms ironsights and made'em the authentic possible.

*New sounds and new Custom GUI (inspired on VBS1).

*Established the ability to use 'extra' addons with FFUR.

*Only relevant and required P3D models and textures have been retained for the mod.

and much more...

All I can say is it would hopefully enjoy europeans of the community...

smile_o.gif

Stay tuned.

Regards

Thunderbird84

YAY thats got to be my idea if it happened 10years ago thats the first gulf war or is it that war in somallia (spelling ?) where the delta/rangers were used

anyway whatever it is i cant wait

so this is going to be an even bigger release then the original with 6 FFUR packs instead of 5 this is goingto be great

I was thinking Gulf War, but when Europe was mentioned...I'd know be inclined to think Yugoslavia.

Indeed, this theme has been inspired on the serbian conflict, 3 countries involved in that crisis (During combats against Milosevic armed forces, and peacekeeping missions) have been represented in this FFUR European Crisis as BLUEFOR.

The OPFOR would be represented by a big nation.

More details -> 24th December.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Indeed, this theme has been inspired on the serbian conflict, 3 countries involved in that crisis (During combats against Milosevic armed forces, and peacekeeping missions) have been represented in this FFUR European Crisis as BLUEFOR.

The OPFOR would be represented by a big nation.

My Guess is:

BLUFOR = UN/NATO Forces

OPFOR = Serbia

RES = Bosnia or Kosovo Militia

more then 3 countries were involved croatia, bosna, serbia, sLOVEnia!!!, i know the war in slovenia wasn t as long and terrible like in the other countries but non the less.what about the addons do you have them all or you are going to make them (that is going to be a lot of work), good luck i would be happy to see some kind of slovenian forces if nothing else police, regular infantry and t55 wink_o.gif

Please don't take me wrong, I didn't say we will 'simulate' the 'Serbian war', I just said that 3 countries which have been involved in this conflict would be represented in FFUR as BLUEFOR, for more precisions, they've taken part in Afghanistan peacekeeping missions as well and one of these european nations is currently present in Iraq.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

No problem, I'm sure nobody would guess the 4 represented countries, But it's better thus.

wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

UK! UK! UK!  biggrin_o.gif

Edit - having thought about it I would say Holland or Germany (they are well represented in OFP) but I would still love to have UK forces involved.

Quote[/b] ]UK! UK! UK! biggrin_o.gif

Edit - having thought about it I would say Holland or Germany (they are well represented in OFP) but I would still love to have UK forces involved.

---------------------

french

No French.

But it seems I saw 2 of the 4 nations here...hehe.

wink_o.gif

+2 stainer

Regards

TB84

It might not be Balkans conflict. OFP is set in the Cold War, the threat of a Russian invasion of Europe was very serious. So possibly a fictitious scenario, kind of like Red Storm Rising, where Russia invades Germany/Poland/Baltic states.

I doubt this though, 'cos Russia is almost always in conversions and I reckon TB will change that for this surprise.

Whatever it is, it is sure to be fantastic!  biggrin_o.gif   xmas_o.gif

Edit: YAY! I'm winning! I'm guessing UK and Germany. Possibly Italian as well.

Russia invading Germany and Poland then...?

If it is UK (as I suspect) will you be using DKM's armour pack or unreleased UKF stuff?