Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

I am really sorry that France hasn`t been among your choices.

You didn`t get permission to use the existing addons?

I even not thought about involving france to this virtual conflict, in fact this FFUR European pack has been carried out especially to thank all european people (mostly respresented in OFP's community) who supported us, who supported FFUR project and who're still supporting us before I leave to a 'governmental agency' for a while.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

3/4 of countries have been reported, the last one has the best represented naval units in OFP.

First country that springs to mind is Russia, America comes second but thats not in Europe and the only other non-Russian/American ships I can think of is for the UK (Falklands stuff).

AFAIK a Belgian Pack was released some time ago but it did not contain many vehicles or aircraft.

LLW Mod has done some great Dutch addons, but they don't have any ships or many aircraft.

A Spanish Mod was also released so that would be enough for a full conversion.

As for best navy in OFP I would say Sweden. The Swedish Forces Pack had a large number of boats, not neccessarily frigates etc, but small craft.

Edit: I checked out the Pedagne (Italian) Mod and they have a good deal of naval units...

confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] plus Farmers fit quite well with 'Northern Islands' environement.

well how about changing the textures because they just have different colour clothes the kind of clothes are the exact same and it does look kind of weird

also i managed to get the video done Superb... How long did it take you to make it Pierre ? it was great some great camera effects like when your looking around that Russian plane i never thought you could get camera work like that uising this exec "camera.sqs"

great movie

Also is that a GPMG i see before you start to look at the M113's 50cal ?

Edit - Oh and is that snow i see what island is that used for becuase the rest of the island doesnt look very snowy ?

Quote[/b] ]Also is that a GPMG i see before you start to look at the M113's 50cal ?

No, this movie has been carried out without the use of the European pack.

Quote[/b] ]well how about changing the textures because they just have different colour clothes the kind of clothes are the exact same and it does look kind of weird

will get a look on'em but we have to do the faster possible if you'd like to get the pack this christmas.

Quote[/b] ]also i managed to get the video done Superb... How long did it take you to make it Pierre ?

more than 30 days 5 hours a day he said me.

Quote[/b] ]AFAIK a Belgian Pack was released some time ago but it did not contain many vehicles or aircraft.

LLW Mod has done some great Dutch addons, but they don't have any ships or many aircraft.

A Spanish Mod was also released so that would be enough for a full conversion.

As for best navy in OFP I would say Sweden. The Swedish Forces Pack had a large number of boats, not neccessarily frigates etc, but small craft.

Edit: I checked out the Pedagne (Italian) Mod and they have a good deal of naval units...

Best to keep the surprise for Christmas, nah?

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

omg!!!!!!!!

what the hell was that...im still having those after-effects

i dont think its flashpoint...how can it be

one hell of a vdo....u guys are amazing

those grenade crossovers, shilka firing onto those jets.......no words can describe wht im feeling now.

hats off to TB and his hardworking team for making us love flashpoint even more notworthy.gif

The best vid ive ever seen for flashpoint guys, really impressive!  Deffo selling your mod with this video.  I could see that video bringing a whole new lot of people into this game if you were to post the link in a few forums.  Its just a amazing trailer showing (with a little help from FFUR and addon makers) what a amazing title BIS have created.

4 and a half years old and still looking stunning inlove.gif

Hats of to you all   notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]Best to keep the surprise for Christmas, nah?

lol, yeah I'll stop pestering you!  tounge2.gif   xmas_o.gif

Thanks for the kind comments, I really hope you'd appreciate the upcoming FFUR European Crisis pack as well, I'll post a couple of screenshots once the whole pack's totally accomplished.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

YAY this ig going to e great

also any news on those AI speaking and chatting and the Burning tank crews i dont mind about the AI speaking but i would love the tank crew effects

I cant wait for this but what to download first and what to play when theyre all downloaded ?

great work

wonderful work! notworthy.gif

only a question..... there will be italian units in the european pack? plese answer yes!!!!

i suggest you g8 mod units, pedagne mod units and preparation H italian special forces units (IX regiment).

PLEASE!

T H A N K  Y O U  G U Y S !  notworthy.gif

But it's only the beginning... I have huge projects for OFP !!!

Stay tuned !

wink_o.gif

What?! ...Are U saying that U can do even MORE with OFP?!  wow_o.gif .

Musn't miss this!!  biggrin_o.gif

He meant movies...

Btw, following the fact that the BTR-80 has been used a lot during the chechenian war, plus it's one of the most popular russian vehicles, I envisage to use it instead of the BMP for the FFUR 2005 but I'd like to get your opinion about this expected replacement, first.

Advantages:

-Carries more troops.

-Faster than the BMP.

-Looks better than the BMP.

-Used more than the BMP in the current russian army.

Disadvantages:

-Light armor

-Less powerful

(But the BMP in OFP isn't that efficient against tanks and armored units because of its long reloading time and the low power of its shells, the btr might even be more efficient in some situations, though).

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

i suggest you g8 mod units, pedagne mod units and preparation H italian special forces units (IX regiment).

Sincerely sorry mate, the addons selection list has been established a while ago and making some changes at 4 days from the release day might cause some problems.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

i think the BMP becuase the BTR may be able to carry more units but why need it becuase no missions without addons have a BMP which can carry the same amount of men as the BTR so it will just have some empty cargo places

Also unless the sounds are changed it will say "2 Oclock enemy BMP" when its a BTR

anyway i think the BMP should be used

Also 4 days from the release looks like you have been working hard and we all apreciate your work

Also in the Asian crisis pack the Blackhawk MG is placed with the Huey and the Huey only holds 9men whilst the blackhawk holds 12 so this can run into problems in many missions

Also im not a huge fan of tanks being able to see so far so could you please explain how i could go about making it the same as BIS view distance once the mod is released becuase ive noticed this running into many problems

like lying down and starting to shoot on the enemy before they should of since they can see further.

Also a tank mission on the CWC campaign were you are told to divert and destroy 3BMP's you can see enemy T80's from the Russians Borderzone which fire on you and blow you up, which wasnt meant to happen

A fair point about the BTR being called a BMP in game, but I like the BTR so i say go for it. smile_o.gif

I'm worried about it breaking the balance of certain missions, I say go for it, try it, but at the same time have a backup patch replacing it back with the BMP smile_o.gif

a few questions about all the packs

1. Has that crouch walk/run anim been removed ?

2. Has the recoil been decreased since ive alays thought it was far too much i like FDF's easy to handle but still hard to hit

3. I thought the shilka was being replaced but im not aware of the spetznatz mod being replaced so is it going to be the same BIS one or retextured.

4. Are there any little suprises like scripts/addons being put in which you havent mentioned biggrin_o.gif

Cant wait for this

oh and what time may this be released please be morning cause im up every morning at 06:30 so i cant miss it

cant wait

I'm worried about it breaking the balance of certain missions, I say go for it, try it, but at the same time have a backup patch replacing it back with the BMP smile_o.gif

I double that. This would be the perfect way. smile_o.gif