Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]There are TWO teams working on the Falklands.

1982: Flashpoint in the Falklands (the team behind the Lynx)

and

The Malvinas team.

Indeed, sorry got confused between both mods, Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]Last time i've seen that addon (is a long time ago..i admit) the sights where wrong...they used the normal BIS-LAW-sights. IMO the Swissmod had one that was right in that point.

We fixed it, 95% of BIS ironsights have been replaced by better and more realistic ones.

Quote[/b] ]Sweden is not a NATO-country

Even don't know about that, always thought that sweden was a former member of NATO forces, will fix it by replacing 'NATO' by 'Europe', thanks for the info.

Quote[/b] ]I was not indicating that it wasn't alright, only that it might not be. These are things you ought to investigate.

Minor misunderstanding, in any way, this morning we got Popenker Max authorization to use "...guns.ru/" data.

smile_o.gif

-will post more screenshots within the next hours.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

ahhh you said that you will release the packs about an hour or two after some pics of the European crisis rofl.gif

Anyway looking very nice cant wait for it and on Christmas day xmas_o.gif

im going to have to contact NTL ask them to give me some more download limit so i can download all the packs biggrin_o.gif

great work cant wait

ahhh you said that you will release the packs about an hour or two after some pics of the European crisis  rofl.gif

Don't rush TB! Let him take his time and do a good job!  tounge2.gif .

I would rather the packs were delayed than incomplete! Anyhow we should all be spending quality time with our family on Christmas day ..not glued to a PC monitor shouting SHIT every time U get shot!!  rofl.gif

This new release is sounding awsomeTB! Don't be rushed ..release it when it's ready!  biggrin_o.gif  xmas_o.gif

yup, don't rush...

release complete pack smile_o.gif

didn't knew that Sweden is not from NATO block?

there was times that i didn't knew it too... whistle.gif

now i know that Sweden is completely neutral, making stealth ships and other awesome weapons...

i wounder how they can do this?! it's not a USA or Russia, but it's new technologyes and potencial military power are very strong thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]ahhh you said that you will release the packs about an hour or two after some pics of the European crisis

Means you don't want'em, right? :-p

*kiddin*

Infos about some AI enhancements

-You can Fix the enemy in place using suppressive fire, but when you stop it, enemy soldiers immediately stand up and advance to your position.

-Increased a bit the dispersion of light machine guns in order to make combats longer and more intensive.

(Even at 50 meters, the machine gunner would spend a couple of bullets before he'd hit you down).

Infos about the new 'scripting method'

Even being satisfied of the current framerate level of FFUR packs, We decided to decrease it more by using a smart way to reduce the constant use of scripts (mainly infantry ones) by making'em 10% random.

So don't be astonished if grenades sometimes won't bounce, (plus this adds more realism cuz grenades don't always bounce :-p).

Stay tuned.

Regards

TB84

Sounds great TB I can't wait!

Don't want to sound desperate or whiny but is the release today?

-Increased a bit the dispersion of light machine guns in order to make combats longer and more intensive.

(Even at 50 meters, the machine gunner would spend a couple of bullets before he'd hit you down).

Hmmm, this I'm not too sure about....as I recall quite a few of us were already complaining that the LMG's in the hands of AI were too innacurate...

Quote[/b] ]Hmmm, this I'm not too sure about....as I recall quite a few of us were already complaining that the LMG's in the hands of AI were too innacurate...

Indeed, I didn't forget it, but considering the new realistic weapons values we implemented, ~2 7.62mm bullets to the torso should kill you even at quite long distances, so best to keep machine gunners with such a low accuracy in order to increase 'the chances of survival'.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but is the release today?

Christmas mate.

Regards

TB84

great screen but... you have missed two big european countries, ITALY and FRANCE! sad_o.gif

This pack has been done to thank all european people (mostly respresented in OFP's community) before I live for a while 'for some real life duties', and it's the last release of FFUR for OFP. (except the enhanced versions of the previous packs that will be released later).

BTW Even being that interesting, It's impossible to involve all countries represented in OFP in order to replace BIS units, there was 1 occidental side, the US one and it was already very hard to implement 3 countries in order to replace US units by still keeping a sense of realism, because each chosen unit intended to replace BIS ones underwent much research at several levels (authenticity, compatibility to replace the previous units, the quality of the addon...etc).

So we concluded that Regular infantry troops would be represented by Germans, Special forces by British, Armored and APC units by British, Sam units by Germans, Choppers by both, jet fighters by both and naval units by Swedish.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Could you guys maybee like "upgrade" the power and looks of the explosion of a satchel charge. So when say I put 10 together next to a fuel station things would light up nicely, but also realisticly with debris and non burning stuff???

Ive allways have thought that explosions like for instance the LGB are waaaay too small. Especially when you see movie footage from iraq where they drop 2000lb jdam's which do make a very very big hole!

Ive seen some new shots they look allot better maybee Ill also try this one! thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ah-64 ->Helifreak AH-1 MK (modified)

What about a WAH-64D? I never knew either Britain, Germany or Sweden used Cobras.

Quote[/b] ]A10Bomber -> Footmunch German F4

I think Germany uses Tornados in the bombing role, the F4s are for Air defence mainly.

Quote[/b] ]LAW -> BW Panzerfaust

I think BOH has a panzerfuast that looks nicer than BW's one.

Quote[/b] ]Could you guys maybee like "upgrade" the power and looks of the explosion of a satchel charge. So when say I put 10 together next to a fuel station things would light up nicely, but also realisticly with debris and non burning stuff???

Increasing the power of satchel charges might break some of BIS missions and I think interest would be lost if one sachel would entirely eradicate a MBT platoon.

Quote[/b] ]Tbird, did you include this as the new Island pack ?

Maybe we'll combine WGL island textures with BIS Resistance trees for the FFUR Islands Low pack, then we will use this one as High islands pack.

I think it would come later, though.

Quote[/b] ]What about a WAH-64D? I never knew either Britain,Germany or Sweden used Cobras.

Did a mistake, it is replaced by the wah-64D.

Quote[/b] ]

I think Germany uses Tornados in the bombing role,the F4s are for Air defence mainly.

The Tornado is already used instead of the A10 by the RAF.

Quote[/b] ]LAW -> BW PanzerfaustI think BOH has a panzerfuast that looks nicer than BW's one.

hm...will check it out.

Back to work, seems we even haven't started uploading yet the pack...heh

regards

TB84

What about the Resistance side? Any changes over the usual 05 FIA?

will there be a config without any effects? (just replaced units)

it seams my comp cant handle any effects at all anymore sad_o.gif

The mp config (especially intended to dedicated servers) should be very light, even for comps lower than 1.5ghz.

regards

TB84

this is all sounding great i cant wait

I love your work

But could you please explain how i would go about decreasing the AI's view distance to normal BIS one since even if it is realistic it breaks some missions not BIS ones but still breaks many missions by being engaged by a tank upto 2000metres away in the rain with limited viewdistance down to about 700metres i still got shot out of the sky

It has been decreased for AT and Law soldiers as suggested a while ago.

regards

TB84

The mp config (especially intended to dedicated servers) should be very light, even for comps lower than 1.5ghz.

regards

TB84

thanks...

the reason i asked is when i use addons (especially the more reasent ones) i have to go with standard settings (the ones it has when you make a fresh install or create a new player file)

and then i get around 35 fps on everon with just a player unit smile_o.gif

if i make a battle it drops to around 10-15 fps whistle.gif

so using a lot of fancy scripts and effects would kill my comp....

(using a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 2Ghz, 728Mb RAM, 126mb Radeon 9800SE graphics card and 3 120gb HD´s (both almost full)

got about 19Gb of addon files in various modfolders in my OFP map whistle.gif

anyone thinks it would be a good time to clean out some addons?

Sorting through 19Gb of files?Nah, buy a new hard-disk rofl.gifwhistle.gif

Sorting through 19Gb of files?Nah, buy a new hard-disk rofl.gifwhistle.gif

naah, just removed 12gb that i harldy use anyway (like 30 mod folders)