Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Why is it today of all days all the slow websites are going fast and all the fast websites are going slow  crazy_o.gif

anyway only 5 hours of sleep WOW is that it i thought 8 was bad get a good rest for x-mas though

Take your time and same to the beta testers dont give the go till your 100% sure its bug free

It would just be a shame if there were some bugs on the release but... things like that are expected i guess.

Cant wait for the release but i dont mind waiting just too make sure it is all fine and dandy  biggrin_o.gif

And cant wait for those pictures

edit - what site are the packs being uploaded too becuase on OFP info im getting errors on some downloads and on Filefront im getting slow connections just wondering im not trying to find the packs before anyone else becuase i just dont have the time and cant be arsed rofl.gif

FFUR European Crisis

A couple of screenshots.

180zz.jpg

46rb1.jpg

20ov.jpg

81jv.jpg

117rr.jpg

Big thanks to Ingram for these nice shots.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

very very nice pics their love the look of how its turning out to be

Also the look of the Dynamic reflection in those pics look spot on very nice i cant wait for this release

Also will their be a video for the release by Pierre ? I just love his vids

edit - what islands are they, they dont look like Everon, Malden or Kolgujev to me

Nice work TB!

Are the East still Russian? If so are there any changes in their equipment?

Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]what islands are they, they dont look like Everon, Malden or Kolgujev to me

Nordic islands, Maybe there would be a replacement version which could be released later.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Are the East still Russian? If so are there any changes in their equipment?

Yes, several changes have been carried out.

Realistic weapons values.

New sniper ironsights.

Incorporated 2 new extra units :

-Heavy Sniper OSV-96

-Su-27 Flanker.

Default Grenade -> RGO

Mi-28 -> Ka-50 (updated variant of the V-80 done 20 years ago).

T-80 -> RHS T-80UM

Vss Val -> Vss Vintorez

and a few other things.

Btw, some infos about the tracers incoporated in the European pack, in fact they won't be similar for all units in order to increase more the gameplay and the realism, so light machine guns tracers are different from tanks heavy machine guns ones, and SAM units tracers are specifical too.

and the same goes for jet fighters.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Will that grass in the pics be added to the islands?

No. This is uwar grass especially added for the screenshot.

Regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]Are the East still Russian? If so are there any changes in their equipment?

Yes, several changes have been carried out.

Realistic weapons values.

New sniper ironsights.

Incorporated 2 new extra units :

-Heavy Sniper OSV-96

-Su-27 Flanker.

Default Grenade -> RGO

Mi-28 -> Ka-50 (updated variant of the V-80 done 20 years ago).

T-80 -> RHS T-80UM

Vss Val -> Vss Vintorez

and a few other things.

Are these changes unique to the Euro Pack, or will they make their way into the 05 pack as well?

I was playing through Red Hammer campaign recently, and I remembered an idea I thought of a long time ago. In the Red Hammer campaign, you see American troops armed with the G36. I was thinking for the 05 pack, could you put in the German soldier model for the G36 soldier? Im not suggesting that you try and add in loads of German addons into 05, but the game does talk about 'NATO Forces' as opposed to just American troops, and I think if you have a few German troops going around, it would look pretty cool.

Quote[/b] ]Are these changes unique to the Euro Pack, or will they make their way into the 05 pack as well?

FFUR 2005 as well.

Quote[/b] ]I was playing through Red Hammer campaign recently, and I remembered an idea I thought of a long time ago. In the Red Hammer campaign, you see American troops armed with the G36. I was thinking for the 05 pack, could you put in the German soldier model for the G36 soldier? Im not suggesting that you try and add in loads of German addons into 05, but the game does talk about 'NATO Forces' as opposed to just American troops, and I think if you have a few German troops going around, it would look pretty cool.

It's too late to maker any changes right now, the pack would be released tomorrow and the upload takes a while, but wait'n see.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Oh, I didnt know that the new 05 pack was coming out too! Ooh! xmas_o.gif

Oh, I didnt know that the new 05 pack was coming out too! Ooh! xmas_o.gif

Only the FFUR Euro would be released within 24 hours, 24 hours of big stress...

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]what islands are they, they dont look like Everon, Malden or Kolgujev to me

Nordic islands, Maybe there would be a replacement version which could be released later.

That'll do nicely!  yay.gif

Also those tanks are looking perfect!  thumbs-up.gif

Btw, are U still using RAF Chinooks only I don't see any markings on those?

Looking very good!  xmas_o.gif

Oh, I meant that for the 05 pack, not the Euro....well, tis Christmas, why work! xmas_o.gif

I just finished a lengthy correspondance with T-bird in PM. In terms of FFUR, I don't think he will be willing to ask permission prior to incorperating mods into FFUR. This is the sense I got from his messages. So, not in lieu of my post to the addons rights board but prior to it, for all those concerned, I sincerely doubt he was change his policy at all. He's fairly firm on that. I'll present the creative commons license in the other thread soon as a method of recourse for those who are interested. This is not meant as a slight against FFUR, but the acknowledgement of an alternative point of view.

Give a break to this thread.

This is the last pack of FFUR for Flashpoint, no permission would be required until ArmA would be released, you concluded FFUR won't change its policy, it's your opinion which entirely belongs to you but such "Statements" don't have anything to do here.

I call that "flaming".

smile_o.gif

Why not release only the config files, leave the addons untouched, let us make the mod work without downloading all this addons that we have already. When the addons in this, or any other mod are unchanged, the config files are all that`s needed to be released. huh.gif

Anyway, keep it up. thumbs-up.gif

FFUR mods have clean mission editors, to carry out such a feature you have to edit all .pbo in order to take out all configs.

Plus all addons have been decompressed to further reduce lag and framerate difficulties and only relevant and required P3D models and textures have been retained for the FFUR mod in order to decrease the loading time.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

This post is in regard to the controversy over the addons and their authors.

If the actual addons are not edited in any way, and credit is given to the author along with the release, then there really isn't much an addon maker can bitch about having released their work free of charge for everyone to use beforehand.

Do you really expect anyone to seek permission from 20+ different sets of addon teams, some of which may be inactive or uncontactable, just to ask whether they can distribute their files along with others grouped together (and in doing so giving the addon publicity)? Would you do that? And if you would do that, do you disagree that it would not harm the addon's status in any way?

Bohemia Interactive stated in their terms and conditions that all addons and modifications for the game were to be released free of charge. Whether the actual addons are copyright or not is unrelated to whether or not they are free. The fact that they are free, and that they remain unedited means that the person unhappy about their work being redistributed really has no grounds to complain on. It's not stealing, because it was free in the first place.

Hey TB please let the flamers get on with the flaming if that is their desire, they will be the ones getting a PR!

My advice is to stay focused with U're great packs and keep this thread on topic!  smile_o.gif

The best way to handle critics is to rise above them! I personally don't see what all the fuss is about, maybee I'm just too long in the tooth but it's all just too trivial to me!  whistle.gif

At my age you learn to know that life is a bit too short for this sort of trivia! Get on with life and enjoy it ...that's what OFP was supposed to be all about!  biggrin_o.gif

I'm looking forward to playing with these great packs and enjoyimg the work of all those great comunity addons. Alternatively I would probably never know they even existed!

Looking forward very much to these great packs! Stay focused and keep up the great work!  xmas_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Not trying to dig this up again but in direct reply to Reven.

Quote[/b] ](Q:) If I create an addon using one of the tools provided free of charge by BIS who does the addon belong to?

(A:) Anything you create with our tools belongs to you entirely, you’re free to use it however you wish as long as you use it in a non-commercial way. You’re also free to allow someone else to use it or to refuse them permission to use it.

The only exception is if you wish to create something with our tools for use in a commercial venture, in that case you must contact BIS or BIA, or a company authorised to represent our rights in such matters to acquire a license.

From this official thread: Addon/Mod Ownership - Q&A.

As for not editing files: I may be misunderstanding here but TB84 just said that they were all modified?

FFUR mods have clean mission editors, to carry out such a feature you have to edit all .pbo in order to take out all configs.....

Regards

TB84

PS this isnt a flame its a question in response to a post by a FFUR team member on this exact topic.

DELETING configs doesn't mean EDITING the model or the textures of the Model. both purposes are totally different from each other.

When we want to edit a model we ask for permissions first.

smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
DELETING configs doesn't mean EDITING the model or the textures of the Model. both purposes are totally different from each other.

When we want to edit a model we ask for permissions first.

smile_o.gif

The config is a part of the addon and still remains the Intellectual property of the author.  It may sound pedantic but it is nevertheless legally true

wink_o.gif

<edits due to the hamfisted typing>

no the config, or config values are not "property" of anyone.

thats like saying this post is proprty of me. which means if an admin deletes my post they stole my work from me and i could sue them.

models and textures are hand crafted. configs are just modified numbers. thats it.

as long as the model and textures are unmodified then he isnt doing anything wrong.

i did that with the motorcycle and pistols for Y2K3, among other things.

and if that offends you, or doesnt sit well with you. i honestly dont give a shit, and im pretty sure neither does thunderbird.

ITS A GAME PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! he isnt making a profit off it, he isnt claiming credit for it, he just took out the config so the editor wasnt all blblblbblah.

geeze you people sure are uptight. you know i really suggest you look into a good proctologist for that tight analexia that yall suffer from. as the Eagles once said in their Hell Freezes Over reunion album: Get Over It, Get Over It!!

oh and in the spirt of the season xmas_o.gif Merry F%#k'in Christmas ~Denis Leary

lol@papy!!! rofl.gif ....if config is copyrighted, damn, ALL addonmakers are the biggest thieves..including me biggrin_o.gif..Please please BIS..dont sue me..i didnt sell the addon, i only created the model but used your config to make it work in your game. I didnt lock or hide the config, it was made inheriting yer classes defined in yer main codes. But if anyone wanna buy my addon(in 3ds without LODS), it will come without BIS configs, cos i owned the model!!!!  rofl.gif

Take it easy, Rocky..i sure do respect yer and love yer addons and understand yer stand for the silent community..but sheesh, take a step back and pause first. No one has profited from ofp addons, NONE!!! We addonmakers get our 15mins of fame Some love it, some hate it, some correct it, lets move on. This fighting aint worth a single penny..literally crazy_o.gif

Edit: As i had mentioned before, folks like papy and tb are doing a good job. Many a time, i didnt download some addons cos of the huge filesizes and had to skip some great missions - its nuts - a handgun with a few 2048 tex?? !! ??.......a shotgun with an abram's firepower?? !! ??... a great lookin chopper but refuses to engage troops and even tanks?? !! ??...the list goes on coupled with some who made the great addons had left the community and not responded. We all make mistakes, at least there's Pappy and TB to ensure the good addons dont gather dust or go to waste, if they are not disgusted or lost their morale by all this recriminations. Take things positively, we gonna end the year with a bang..take things negatively, we get banged. wink_o.gif