Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Just a suggestion can the FFUR team can implement a M68 reflex scope on the M16A4? or would it be a problem with balancing the two sides?

It doesnt matter to the AI what scope the gun has. The only difference between a beretta and a barrett to the AI is the beretta has a preprogrammed max range of 50m, where as the barrett has a max range of 1500m. Scope zoom and what not makes no difference to the computer. If you look at the M68 Aimpoint, it has no more zoom than an ironsight. It allows you to aim slightly faster, but it wouldnt be that much of an advantage over an ironsight. I'd prefer the more precise ironsights for long range shooting with the M16 though.

TB, what is the Engineer gona be armed with?

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]The M4A1 is used by all enlisted and officer ranks in the Army (with the exception of the SAW and M240B). Officer's usually use the same weapon as the enlisted members (to aviod conflicts) inculding the higher ups, but the higher you get the less likely that you will be issued a rifle (mostly they carry a sidearm)

I've discussed with several US militaries, all of them reported that they still use the M16A2 & BDU, they reported that mainly the US army personnel stationed outside the USA carry the M4 & ACU, Thanks for the infos,though.

Quote[/b] ]Just a suggestion can the FFUR team can implement a M68 reflex scope on the M16A4?

For the US soldiers or?

Although it would be quite interesting to make all US Army privates carry the M16A4 Reflex, frankly I think it would be better to keep the classical M16A4.

Quote[/b] ]Just a suggestion can the FFUR team can implement a M68 reflex scope on the M16A4? or would it be a problem with balancing the two sides?

As Ch_123 explained, technically there's no problem about that, but rationaly it doesn't make sens, because we would be forced to make Russian soldiers carry Aks with scopes in order to keep a sort of balance between both sides.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]TB, what is the Engineer gona be armed with?

M16A4. -> US army Enginners in IraQ

US Army Engineers Doctrines

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]they reported that mainly the US army personnel stationed outside the USA carry the M4 & ACU, Thanks for the infos,though.

by the sounds of that it seems your going to add the ACU camo or have i just got the wrong end of the stick ?

Please keep with the Camo at the moment as it looks great

also any more screens notworthy.gif

Hi,
Quote[/b] ]The M4A1 is used by all enlisted and officer ranks in the Army (with the exception of the SAW and M240B). Officer's usually use the same weapon as the enlisted members (to aviod conflicts) inculding the higher ups, but the higher you get the less likely that you will be issued a rifle (mostly they carry a sidearm)

I've discussed with several US militaries, all of them reported that they still use the M16A2 & BDU, they reported that mainly the US army personnel stationed outside the USA carry the M4 & ACU, Thanks for the infos,though.

Quote[/b] ]Just a suggestion can the FFUR team can implement a M68 reflex scope on the M16A4?

For the US soldiers or?

Although it would be quite interesting to make all US Army privates carry the M16A4 Reflex, frankly I think it would be better to keep the classical M16A4.

Quote[/b] ]Just a suggestion can the FFUR team can implement a M68 reflex scope on the M16A4? or would it be a problem with balancing the two sides?

As Ch_123 explained, technically there's no problem about that, but rationaly it doesn't make sens, because we would be forced to make Russian soldiers carry Aks with scopes in order to keep a sort of balance between both sides.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]TB, what is the Engineer gona be armed with?

M16A4. -> US army Enginners in IraQ

US Army Engineers Doctrines

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Not a problem, just thought it be cool to see a 68 reflex on the A4's, my eyes aren't good anymore so it takes me several minutes to line my shot up lol.

Never knew that the A2's were still used in large quantities, mostly i've seen US Army troops with the 4A1's during a few demo excercises that they put on for us Canucks (I'm a former RCAC and now i'm with 2nd FER RCACC)

Yeah A2s are stillout in large nubmers, just not enough new weapons to go around. Hell I didn't get an A2 issued till about 96 we had H barrel A1s so they didn't explode using the SS109 ammo.

Usually the oldgear is sent back through the equpment chain and rebuilt and upgraded, most of the A4s are juts updated A2s the top reciver was replaced and updated handguards and grips which any unit level armor can do to a weapon in about half an hour to an hour each gun. M4s are down/upgraded in much the same fashion. just takes a while or old equpment is traded in for updated replacments at higher level echelons.

Did the first gulfwar with an M16A1 and M60, still got the M60 as primary weapon. US Army is really slow even durring war time to get neew gear to all the units. Hell had an argument with some noob about trucks, cause my unit still has M35A2/3 and M925s instead of the FMTVs and the M939s. East coast based units and high mobility first responce units get all the new toys first, western US units tend to take better care of their equipment and trucks and vehicles don't rust away as quickly so kept longer. That and the terrain is soo brutal on the newer equipment it cannot be kept running like the older stuff. The newer 5 ton trucks are just awful int he field, the shatter drive train parts very easilly when they get stuck. Low range transfer cases shatter like eggs, loves to snap axles like twigs. So they keep the old equipment drawn to spend less time repairing them and using them.

Yeah A2s are stillout in large nubmers, just not enough new weapons to go around.  Hell I didn't get an A2 issued till about 96 we had H barrel A1s so they didn't explode using  the SS109 ammo.

Usually the oldgear is sent back through the equpment chain and rebuilt and upgraded, most of the A4s are juts updated A2s the top reciver was replaced and updated handguards and grips which any unit level armor can do to a weapon in about half an hour to an hour each gun.   M4s are down/upgraded in much the same fashion.  just takes a while or old equpment is traded in for updated replacments at higher level echelons.  

Did the first gulfwar with an M16A1 and M60, still got the M60 as primary weapon.  US Army is really slow even durring war time to get neew gear to all the units.  Hell had an argument with some noob about trucks, cause my unit still has M35A2/3 and M925s instead of the FMTVs and the M939s.  East coast based units and high mobility first responce units get all the new toys first, western US units tend to take better care of their equipment and trucks and vehicles don't rust away as quickly so kept longer.   That and the terrain is soo brutal on the newer equipment it cannot be kept running like the older stuff.    The newer 5 ton trucks are just awful int he field, the shatter drive train parts very easilly when they get stuck.    Low range transfer cases shatter like eggs, loves to snap axles like twigs.   So they keep the old equipment drawn to spend less time repairing them and using them.

Ah thanks for the explanation, I guess it's the same problem up here. Reservists are still using the older C7A1 (basically our version of the M16A1/2) and C9A1 (our designation of the FN M249, except its been upgraded to include a 3.4x Elcan scope) while the Western and reg force guys are using the newer 7A2's and 9A2's.

Thanks for completing my infos Bobcatt, military opinions are, as always, greatly appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]also any more screens

I'll publish a couple of screens very soon.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Hey Thunderbird! This thread is slowing down! I think we need some exciting news from you to perc it up again!  inlove.gif

Christmas is approaching and we're still working quite hard... in any way, don't forget to check out 'OFP.cz' after unpacking your Xmas gifts.

xmas_o.gif

won't say more, wait and see.

;-)

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Christmas is approaching and we're still working quite hard... in any way, don't forget to check it out 'OFP.cz' after unpacking your Xmas gifts.

xmas_o.gif

;-)

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Your realy trying too release it the night of the 24th biggrin_o.gif nice birthday, cristmas and ffur presents all at the same time thumbs-up.gif much like an kinder egg crazy_o.gif  xmas_o.gif

STGN

that would be great to get FFUR on christmas day just one thing we still need to download it biggrin_o.gif

nah it wont matter it will be definately worth the wait

also how about implementing some sounds on the running sounds so you can hear a bit of kit clanging together

cant wait

Christmas is approaching and we're still working quite hard... in any way, don't forget to check it out 'OFP.cz' after unpacking your Xmas gifts.

xmas_o.gif

;-)

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Your realy trying too release it the night of the 24th biggrin_o.gif nice birthday, cristmas and ffur presents all at the same time thumbs-up.gif much like an kinder egg crazy_o.gif  xmas_o.gif

STGN

Do those new islands still have the Christmas trees? xmas_o.gifrofl.gif

also how about implementing some sounds on the running sounds so you can hear a bit of kit clanging together

cant wait

So long as they don't sound like the new FDF ones! The repetitiveness of those new sounds drives U round the bend after the first few hundred yards! I prefered the old FDF sounds. A little bit of kit rattling is OK but keep it from sounding corny!

PS. TB, U did a great job of the breathing sounds when running though! - Quality - thats what I like!

Looking forward to christmas!  xmas_o.gif  inlove.gif

if you lengthen the sound of the running sound then add different sounds every so often it wont sound ver repetitivness but you may still hear the noise once you stopped crazy_o.gif

anyway one little request well its rather big but anyway

in FDF i love that smoke effect when theres lots of tanks getting shot at by Laws the tanks arent totally dead but start releasing smoke and fill up the battlefield with thick and thin smoke makes it seem more like a battlefield and adds so much atmosphere to the mission

and it more realistic

also the parachute with FFUR now is a little too shiny the chute should be a yellowy/greeny colour like on band of brothers thats what the SAS use over here i just watched one of the survival tips vids

if you lengthen the sound of the running sound then add different sounds every so often it wont sound ver repetitivness but you may still hear the noise once you stopped  crazy_o.gif

I've just been doing some soldier stomping and running again in FFUR (Just keeping in practice ready for the next release!wink_o.gif, and to be honest the sounds that TB has already impemented are just about perfect!  smile_o.gif

There is adequate rustling and shufling of kit without any noticeabe loop to the effect. Why fix what doesn't need fixing? Their still the most convincing sounds and they dont drive U mental! Nice work TB! thumbs-up.gif  xmas_o.gif

PS Still looking forward to Xmas!!  xmas_o.gifinlove.gif

I too feel that the soldiers' movement sounds are already perfect, and I don't notice any kind of awkward "looping" effect. Please keep the sounds as they already are.

Yours,

Kyle

Dec. 15, 2005

smile_o.gif

Hi mates,

Some news from the front...

At first, I'd like to inform you that 'Tovarish' kindly made a small tool that will allow you to launch FFUR shortcuts, and it works on all XP & 2000 systems

watch it carefully...there's another included news as well.

wink_o.gif

ffurlauncher0mz.jpg

and a few shots of the new replacements...

I retextured BIS Ch-47D in order to make it closer to the authentic one and enhanced the 'Dynamic reflection effect as well.

ch476db.jpg

...New Jet fighter pilot (grey suit).

pilot6on.jpg

Big thanks to Fishkopp for allowing us to implement his 'still unreleased' Pilots.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Is the Christmas suprise where the blonde-women takes her outfit off? tounge2.gif

whistle.gif Anyway, looking good mate, and I really like the pilot, glad Fischkopp was willing to allow you to use them.

Quote[/b] ]Is the Christmas suprise where the blonde-women takes her outfit off?

She already did it, but just for me....:P

She'll be yours within the next incoming days.

xmas_o.gif

'll post more pics ASAP.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Do you mean a full pack with everything included, with an auto-install and Tovarish launcher ?? Jeeeez, sounds like a great Xmas ! wink_o.gif

Any clues at all on this new X-mas suprise by any chance what is it a new mod, or is it a little toool which opens up a dialog which asks what kind of special things you would like in a config since people have been wanting different things then others you could check a few boxes which will run different effects for different players and cmputers now is that an idea or what ?  rofl.gif

anyway what is it a total pack or something totally different or will it be a 100% suprise ?

also on the note of launchers ive found out that the LAW-80 which is the British equivalent of the Carl Gustav that the back blast range can be upto 30metres anywhere below that you can be fataly injured will you be adding different lengths for different launchers or will it all be the same

also the LAW is a recoiless weapon since all its recoil is thrown out the back upon firing i cant remember if the weapons at the moment have no recoil

and one last thing not sure about this but the 50cal should still have recoil even if it is mounted since the British mounted GIMPYS (A GPMG General Purpose Machine Gun 7.62mm) has recoil since it goes back and forth on its tripod

not sure but this may be the same with 50calibres and other mounted weapons but the recoil has no upwards motion its just back and forth

anyway cant wait for this X-Mas Suprise

Edit -

in FDF i love that smoke effect when theres lots of tanks getting shot at by Laws the tanks arent totally dead but start releasing smoke and fill up the battlefield with thick and thin smoke makes it seem more like a battlefield and adds so much atmosphere to the mission

will that be included i love the effect and is very realistic i think

and its such a lovely script anyway

Edit -

will that be included i love the effect and is very realistic i think

and its such a lovely script anyway

I kind of like the current "sparking" effect damaged tanks have, besides, all that smoke = lag city, especially for us who can't afford top of the line PC's smile_o.gif

If anyone has a problem with missing hfr_ah64 message here is a solution: look into hfr_apac.pbo and remove config.cpp from there.

FFUR only needs graphic files from this addon.