Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

FFUR 2005 list of enhancements and changes

*Fixed all reported bugs and errors.

*Decreased the loading time of 40% by reducing the number of addons from ~200 to ~20 and by still keeping the same number of replaced addons, or even by adding several new ones.

*Established the compatibility of FFUR with extra addons.

*Enhanced the custom GUI.

*Replaced Resistance songs by more famous ones coming from popular movies.

*Increased the realism's level by changing all ammunitions values, this fact does increase the gameplay as well because combats are harder, longer and more exciting.

*Replaced some sounds by realistic ones.

*Added a bunch of NO lagy and very nice effects. (New MG tracers, new grenades smoke trails, new impacts effects, lifeboat for ejected pilots over sea instead of lifevests...etc).

*Replaced all sniper riffles ironsights by new realistic ones inspired from SFP.

*Replaced several weapons in order to make the current used equipment of the two armies personnel as authentic as possible. (closely followed by militaries & by "armies" fans ;-) ).

*Enhanced some textures. (US soldiers, US crew...etc).

*Added several new units (M82 Heavy Sniper, OSV-96 Heavy Sniper, Su-27 Flanker...).

Envisaged replacements

*Ru Shilka -> Spetznatz Shilka.

*Ru Scud -> Spetznatz Luna.

*Ru As val -> ORCS Vss Vintorez.

*Ru Spetznatz will carry the GSH-18 as handgun instead of the APS.

*US jet fighter pilot -> Fishkop exclusive US jet fighter pilot.

*US M4 Marksman -> SJB M4 Marksman.

*US Engineers, M13 , Javelin soldiers will carry the M4 Aimpoint, and the US officers will carry the M4 Reflex.

*US S&W -> SJB Raging Bull.

... and much more... Can't Enumerate all of them, there are too many, just wait and see.

Just some screens done a few minutes ago:

pic9aw.jpg

ffurpic1su.jpg

...you'd be informed very soon about the enhancements done on the rest of packs...

wink_o.gif

Stay tuned.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

TB great work mate yay.gif

I love the way you contine to strive for perfection, just remember we all appreciate you and the teams hard work

Sounds great, youre attention to realism and generally just making the thing perfect is greatly appreciate by all.

First of all, congradulations on such a thorough and professional job. I finally downloaded this replacement pack (took me several nights with bloody 56K -- but it was worth it). Just one question, around how large will the upcoming changes be, is it a patch or will I have to redownload another 500 megabytes? Not that I won't download it, you and your team have obviously put in a huge amount of work into this, but I'm hoping there might be a "lighter" patch version. Thanks again,

peace

Following the fact that these updates will have to replace all addons files by decreasing their number from 200 to 20 in order to establish the compatibility of FFUR with "extra addons", they will definitely be total conversion packs and not patchs.

Btw, Reven will make a small program that allows you to choose the pack you wanna launch with the wanted config (Single or Multi), so you won't have to switch every time and to always make back-up copies.

However, Thanks for your support and help mates.

ot/ps: we carry the same names "tariq", except I've a "K" instead of the "q". icon1.gif

Regards

TB84

Ur Master notworthy.gif

i liked that vintorez, is it dragunov sight?

Ur Master notworthy.gif

Yes, but unlike the Dragunov, the Vintorez has a zoomable scope.

regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]thunderbird84 Posted on Nov. 19 2005,01:24

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (t80 @ Nov. 19 2005,00:44)

Ur Master

Yes, but unlike the Dragunov, the Vintorez has a zoomable scope.

regards

TB84

it would be perfect for stealth, mid, long range day time battles. smile_o.gif ........... whistle.gif

I've never posted, so you won't recognize me! I just wanted to thank *everyone involved* for all of your hard work! It's greatly appreciated!

Just a question, mate. You are going to keep the texture names/paths the same in your retextured soldiers, so lazy bastards like myself can just borrow them, right?

Please? You did it with the last release, this one too, eh?

Cheers!

I've never posted, so you won't recognize me! I just wanted to thank *everyone involved* for all of your hard work! It's greatly appreciated!

I'm with this guy, I had to give games away while I built my house.

with this community, ArmedA and game2 it looks like I've got a game for life....cheeeers

Quote[/b] ]*Ru Scud -> Spetznatz Luna.

hmmm

thunderbrid u want a usable luna?

if yes u need wait UA1.1

i dont known if UA1.1 is compatible with UA1.0

Quote[/b] ]FFUR 2005 list of enhancements and changes

well i suppose that says it all biggrin_o.gif

i guess alot of that goes with all the packs like fixing bugs some of the iron sights and extra effects

sounding amazing cant wait

just asking these changes (new stuff) are just for 2005

i remember tb84 mentioning some changes for the other packs a while back.

incidentally, can you push up the default speed of the f-16? it is only 400km/h when you put it on an island in the mission editor. it should be like 800-1000

huh i dont get that what is it i see a very faint smudge thats all

I think there is a pixellated bar that his red circle has covered over to the right.

Actually, I think he's talking about the weird square, I suppose something was there and TB just copy-pasted a part of the ground to that part of the image to cover something up.

That doesn't come with regular OFP textures. tounge2.gif

Actually, I think he's talking about the weird square, I suppose something was there and TB just copy-pasted a part of the ground to that part of the image to cover something up.

That doesn't come with regular OFP textures.  tounge2.gif

Actually i think he might have edited the photo to delete the comander view crosshair but thats just me tounge2.gif .

That doesn't come with regular OFP textures. tounge2.gif

Actually i think he might have edited the photo to delete the comander view crosshair but thats just me tounge2.gif .

Yes, probably, I didn't say it's an shilka. wink_o.gif

lol, I thought nobody would notice it... sad_o.gif

;-)

Quote[/b] ]incidentally, can you push up the default speed of the f-16? it is only 400km/h when you put it on an island in the mission editor. it should be like 800-1000

Following the fact that the implemented F-16 in FFUR does carry a lot of heavy bombs and missiles (MK-82 or MK-83/GBU bombs, mavericks and sidewinders), its speed has been reduced.

But we'll add the "burn-on" action in order to exceed 400 km/h.

Regards

TB84