Sign in to follow this  
zootso

Release....

EA ... dark empire between publishers, dumbed any game they got control over

UBI ... they canceled too many good projects and dumbed out many others but yet they got some good titles but i think it's just pure luck smile_o.gif

VU Games ... evil twin of UBI ... in paleblue..

CM ... no idea but theirs PR about OFP/OFPR was not enough but still they helped OFP be published at all ...

Atari ... ehm, i know they publish OFP in Australia but they done lot of "wrong steps in last 2 years" and they lost UT2007 to Midway ...

Strategy First ... omg, nearly bancrupted by wrong decisions but who knows maybe after restructure they better

Sony ... hmm no chance they will for sure demand OFP2 to be just PS3 exclusive as reward ...

Microsoft ... well , that will be interesting publisher smile_o.gif ads everywhere and what about OFP2 as bonus to each Vista Home (entertainment edition) install ? smile_o.gif))

Lucas ... hardly that care about SW and so smile_o.gif

SCI ... hmm they got some neat titles and working distrib

Midway ... well Epic moved from Atari to Midway ... that tells something ...

find publisher must be really hard work smile_o.gif more i think about bigger freezing in my neck smile_o.gif

This is getting to nerv racking - someone please release some information.

at this point i would be happy if they would just tell us if its going to be delayed.

a late release isnt new.

but keeping us dangleing from a thin string by our teeth, not knowing what is going on is not cool at all.

How 'bout Activison or Sierra? Both gotta be rolling in money 'cause of F.E.A.R. and Quake 4, and both have published quality games.

How about GOD Games? They've published two of my favourite games of all time, Mafia and H&D2, and lots of other good games.

My share of adding fuel to the rumor machine is that I believe BIS is under contract with Codemasters that it will not reveal the publisher of AA even if it has one. All this because Codemasters surely does not wan't BIS and it's new partner stealing consumer attention from OFP:Elite. Also, advertising essentially the same game with different titles on different platforms while OFP2 is being devoleped at the same would be a bit confusing too.

November 8th is the big day since it's the OFP:E US release day and if we won't hear about AA after couple of weeks after that, then I'm certain AA has moved to Q1 2006 at least.

I'm still for a STEAM-like solution.

Would be the best publisher...:)

all the money would go to BIS and the game would cost less smile_o.gif

How about GOD Games?  They've published two of my favourite games of all time, Mafia and H&D2, and lots of other good games.

GOD is a brand owned by Take2. Just like rockstar and 2k games.

And we all going mad/or have too high STEAM pressure smile_o.gif, because this shitty, buggy thing like steam crazy_o.gif

Look at the promotion of other games of this ilk, most notably "Call of Duty". There is an hour long special about it on the Military Channel, here in the states.

OT:

I am somehow not surprised that there is a military TV-channel in the states. it´s sick anyway, isn´t it? huh.gif

it seems now that more and more Flashpoint addicts are getting really nervous with no information given on anything, therefor i demand:

SOMEBODY - MUST - DO - SOMETHING!

B.I.S. you sllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggsssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssss (add cockney accent)

What happened to the "New website and info will be released very shortly"? That was 2 months ago (not that long, but still quite long).

And we all going mad/or have too high STEAM pressure smile_o.gif, because this shitty, buggy thing like steam crazy_o.gif

This shows me, that you have actually no real idea about steam.

It's now running really smooth since one year, although I never had probs with it at all.

A few days ago, the Lost Coast lvl, based on the new HL 2 engine was released and it was about 300 MB, so a big pack to download. I loaded it just after the release, as many thousand others did all around the world. The download took about 10 minuts, than I could play the lvl and everything worked fine.

You should try nowerdays steam and then judge about the system!

i also think steam would be a nice thing to have for ArmAss since it d/l the latest patches and can even work to d/l new addons.

I really really like the idea of steam-style content distribution (cheap prices.. multiple installs.. no destroyable media) but the implementation seems little shaky so far.. confused_o.gif

I really really like the idea of steam-style content distribution (cheap prices.. multiple installs.. no destroyable media) but the implementation seems little shaky so far.. confused_o.gif

For Arma confused_o.gif , i mean i dont have HL2 but unfortunetly i dont think Arma will be a several multi million best seller out there capable of supporting and maintaining this system, plus setting up and maintaining this service must be veery costy and work is being done on the true OPF sequel. I really dont see any advantages and doubt BIS will release many content for Arma after release, would a steam system be really worth it? I doubt it...

Quote[/b] ]November 8th is the big day since it's the OFP:E US release day and if we won't hear about AA after couple of weeks after that, then I'm certain AA has moved to Q1 2006 at least.

Im with Blake on this, OPF:E must come out worldwide and reach its sales peak before they start hyping a new product, comon sense imo.

News by the end of November?

sad_o.gif .

I trust BIS, and I'm sure they will make the right decision. Just hoping it's going to be soon! smile_o.gif

B.I.S. you sllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggsssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssss (add cockney accent)

What happened to the "New website and info will be released very shortly"? That was 2 months ago (not that long, but still quite long).

really. All your going to get saying something like that is that you need to grow up.

Let BIS do what they want

Hell, I remember how happy the OFP community was when they released that 4 pics at the beginning of september and now we dont get nothing. I really hope they'll release some info on november 8th. huh.gif

The info is comming when BIS is ready for it, hopefully after the US release of Elite.

Until that... f8ffb863.gif

Quote[/b] ]More screenshots and news will be available soon together with the new version of our official Armed Assault website.

real soon guys confused_o.gif this is getting as bad as oleg maddox's famous "two weeks be sure" tounge2.gif

How 'bout Activison or Sierra? Both gotta be rolling in money 'cause of F.E.A.R. and Quake 4, and both have published quality games.

Activision did alright with R:TW but lost publishing rights to SEGA.

Sierra = VU Games ... and if i look at mistakes done with FEAR ... nvm ...

We wont see Arm As till early next year. Theres no way they can get a publisher and package,then release the game within 2 months, which to me dont make any sense at all. Xmas is the peak $$$$ time It is a little disapointing to not have any more info considering we are still here playing after all these years. Perhaps even as late as March next year. This is one time I hope I am wrong though