Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

No disrespect intended to MAPFACT, but I don't like those XM8s (I don't like XM8s in general which prejudices my view to begin with). I've already said I wont be doing XM8s, at least not in v2.1/v3.0.

okies just trying to make KS stop thread jacking when he wants an XM8 or F2000.

does that mean that you dont like G36's? after all the xm8 is a g36 at heart!

would you ever include AT weapons in one of your packs because there seems to be a distinct lack of good quality ones to match up with your small arms wink_o.gif

Hi Jackal,

Just a request for version 3, not sure how you'd be able to do it due to lack of decent reference pics, but the MR-C rifle from the game Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter would (at least in my opinion) make a decent addition to your pack.

But again it might be difficult, what with the fact there is little in the way of reference material for the rifle on the net (the Crye website for starters has nothing.)

Worth a thought at least, as it is a decent looking rifle with a high magazine capacity (what with it being caseless), and it could possibly make a worthwhile addition to your pack.

Thanks for reading this, and perhaps taking this into consideration.

Well the problem for finding reference photos might be the most propable fact that no working MR-C has been produced yet. WOuld be cool, in a way, though, but I can hardly see it fitting in the atmosphere of this pack.

The G36 I will, at some point in the next decade, add into the pack in one form another (probably most forms will be added) merely because its a current generation weapon. All of those concept/next-gen weapons can frankly, kiss my ass.

Are there gonna be any Uzi's included ? the BIS one sucks ! [no disrespect smile_o.gif ]

Jackal, question. Are you american ?

Hi. I just wanted to ask you if your next weaponpack will be more realistic. I don't know if you did not get my PM or you just ignored it but i want to offer you my help to push the realism to the limit. I wouldn't even care about a credit...

About those who want a G36: Check the one in my sig! wink_o.gif

allready got it and it isnt that good no offense mate...

jackal dont make me get the motivation stick out again!

What about the FN SCAR then? sure Blackbloods creating one, and sure its "next-gen" perhaps. But at least its definitely going to be used by the majority of US SOF forces. From what I'm told its already "on the rack" for GB's, though the source of information I got that from may be incorrect.

Taking into account your optics are far superior to the ones he's utilising that and the fact he pretty much refused to use your ones. (something to do with him wanting to make his own, and yet they look pretty much the same as the ones used in INQ's M4 Construction Kit/LSR weapon pack etc.)

Either way your likely to do the SCAR's justice (not that Blackblood has done a bad job per se, but the optics on them are disappointing.)

Quote[/b] ]What about the FN SCAR then?
Quote[/b] ]Blackbloods creating one

I think that answers that question wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Taking into account your optics are far superior to the ones he's utilising that and the fact he pretty much refused to use your ones. (something to do with him wanting to make his own, and yet they look pretty much the same as the ones used in INQ's M4 Construction Kit/LSR weapon pack etc.)

First, unless your his Beta tester, I doubt youve seen the final product, and secondly, even if you dont like the finished product, use o2 to fix on your optics of choice, not too hard at all! Why load more work on already stressed out modders when what you need already exists whistle.gif

okies just trying to make KS stop thread jacking when he wants an XM8 or F2000.

Ok, I never said anything about XM8's, and I wasn't thread jacking. Shut up about it already, you're not making things any better.

Quote[/b] ]would you ever include AT weapons in one of your packs because there seems to be a distinct lack of good quality ones to match up with your small arms wink_o.gif

There are plenty of good quality AT weapons out there. RHS has good RPGs, and Laser made some good U.S. AT weapons. Those are just a few examples...

Quote[/b] ]Are there gonna be any Uzi's included ? the BIS one sucks ! [no disrespect  ]

Try this. It's still modified BIS but actualy, their model and textures aren't bad (better than all of their others). I don't think the BIS Uzi sucks, it's actualy pretty good.

Quote[/b] ]Jackal, question. Are you american ?

No he's not.

Try this. It's still modified BIS but actualy, their model and textures aren't bad (better than all of their others).

Nothing like some shameless self promotion tounge2.gif They are good but I think some pimped-up variants with accesories would be cool

wow thats a lot of feedback, i think we are all tired by thr look of it lets all get some sleep and post again tommorow goodnight.gif 23:34GMT

never seen a 'pimped' Uzi before... any pictures?

Jackal, did you get my IM regarding the diemacos and the pictures mate?

eagerly waiting on this pack, all 300 weapons or so tounge2.gif

you know, if you could find a way to have just the base gun and have the addon parts seperate, then you would be down to like 50 weapons and 100 parts that can be used on any weapon.. that sure would cut down the addon size.

oh and i have a high quality G36 model that i have been working on for two years now (a project that have nothing to do with games). its 1:1 scale and is as close to the real thing as im legaly allowed.

its not compleat yet, but if you want to see it i can post.

@mp_phonix: No, I'm not American, I'm British.

@Freshman: I'm making a lot of effort in the config.cpp area to try and make the pack as realisitc as possible. I'll hook you up with a BETA (when its ready) so you can advise me further. Also, I was sure I had replied to your PM, apologises if it didn't get there and/or if I didn't send it sad_o.gif

@Elite SEAL: I wont be adding a SCAR, at least, not in the foreseeable future anyway. I wouldn't want to step on Blackblood's toes. I may make a SHRIKE which AFAIK Blakcblood decided to drop to dedicate more time to the SCAR Project. As far as I know no-one has taken up the idea, so I may, at a later date.

@Dynamax: What would be the point in releasing one huge construction kit? How does that help mission makers who want to arm their units with a specific weapon? They'd have to build the thing themselves, code it, give it a class-name, and then release it with the mission. Then we'd have 4,000 different versions of the exact same model floating around, so I ask you again, what would be the point?

Wow, lotsa feedback lately.

Im sure LSR will hear about thism then "tune me out". But i still think your pack is kickass. And the next one will be undoubtably better inlove.gif

*wipes the brown off my nose*

though LSR is working on his next update to his weapon pack to give the SJB one a run for its money.

Should be interesting to see how they both compare to eachother.

Though, once Jackal had a MK-43, i was sold. notworthy.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif Also don't see the point in having a constuction kit JUST to reduce the weapon pack (and let others make their favorite weapon). I can understand your point that it will be big (and will be bigger in the future)...but until BIS comes up with a proper engine that allows (custom) proxies for scopes, silencers, grips, (working) lights & laser and the full 'pimp' package...so you can mod your own weapon ingame, you will need to accept jackals pack like it comes i guess. You don't know how much i'm hoping for an engine that allows that mate (and some other 'fixes' regarding weapons).

Anyway...carry on (i will let myself out) thumbs-up.gif .

americas army has that sort of engine so does rainbow six 3 but anyways what is the optic for the m24a2 jacakal?

Quote[/b] ]americas army has that sort of engine so does rainbow six 3

Yes, yes it does tounge2.gif

With some cleaver scripting it would quite possible to add the option to "mod" your weapon in game, especially if Jackel carrys on the way he is.

For example you have a standard SOPMOD M4, you script it so that you can replace that weapon for example you choose to mount a ACOG, you swap the weapons for the M4 ACOG model.

You could do this at an armoury I suppose, or unless your fealing very clever script it so you can do it "in-field" and it remembers the ammo count.

Anyway...Looking and sounding awsome Jackel, good luck and keep up the good work thumbs-up.gif

but surely the 'weapon loadout screen' at the start of the mission circumvents that entirely, as its there were you essentially choose what kit/modules whatever to have on your weapon

never seen a 'pimped' Uzi before... any pictures?

Jackal, did you get my IM regarding the diemacos and the pictures mate?

eagerly waiting on this pack, all 300 weapons or so tounge2.gif

I dont have any pics, but Ive seen them with LAMs, flashlights, forward grips, aimpoint or ACOG-Mini and even with a drum magazine.

Aye, I suppose it does. I suppose this sort of script would be useful for multiplayer for example you want to change weapon in the midst of a game, unlikely and bloody dangerous yes.

Oh well, was just a thought, but for one wouldn't even attempt to make that work smile_o.gif