Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

That script will have to be updated to run the new eventhandler(s) on the units - and what, no JAM? icon_rolleyes.gif

@ helping_hand

Sorry mate, didn't mean to start something. confused_o.gif I was just commenting that most people don't. I'm sure there are those out there who do use that stuff. wink_o.gif

Jackal, you might be interested in this: Rearm West Units. I PMed you about it, I think a while back. All yours if you want it.

Thanks a lot for that script m8. really handy and time-saving thumbs-up.gifsmile_o.gif

@ch_123... Howbout downloading it and finding out for yourself, it's a 2.2kb file whistle.gif

not meaning to be ignorent freud was...

He was a head shrinker (not literally) really famous, but had some crack-pot theories. He even was a coke user.

If he heard what i said bout the rifle's sound suppressor, hed say i was "fixated on male genetailia"

But enough about that

@ Jackal What is the JAM magazine that this new rifle (M24A2) will be using (regular and SD)

Probably will have to be a custom one, based off the m21 just with 10 instead of 20 rounds.

the m24a2 uses a 5 roun single stack magazine.

The M24A2 uses a detachable 10-round-magazine

There is aklso a 4 round magazine available, but I've modelled (and coded) it to use the 10 round magazine.

There is aklso a 4 round magazine available, but I've modelled (and coded) it to use the 10 round magazine.

So, i guess it will be just a custom magazine made by you, Jackal, and not JAM??

Could always use the L96 mag if you really needed a JAM equivalent

I'll seehow the L96 magazine fits in. If it doesn't I'll just leave out JAM support - well, I'll give it support for the "normal" M24 magazines (the 5 round mags), it'll just mean the round capacity wont quite tally with the modelled magazine.

the video i have says its uses a 5 round single stack mag but there are probbably 10 rd and 4 rd available also i cant play ofp for a while due to my new friggin graphics card that disagrees with ofp so try not to release it until i get the problem solved wink_o.gif

@gatordev: I erm....forgot icon_rolleyes.gif  I'll make my decision at some point between now and release tounge2.gif

D'oh! Okay. Another vote for Laser's optics if you care. With all the great new weapons and mods you're adding w/ the update, changing the M203 optics are the one I look forward to the most.

Anywho, thanks for the reply.

some1 pls explain to me how to use those optics in the first place its related topic, very lossley so pls i really want to know cause it seems ive just been guessing everytime i shoot a gl

Most rifle (or standalone GLs) have a leaf sight, or a quadrant sight (or in the case of M203s, both).  With the quadrant sight, you flip open the aiming post and peephole (Knight's Armament is quite more advanced, much like a holosight), pull the locking piece and swing the arm to the estimated range, sight it like a rifle, and pull trigger.  The leaf sight you simply guesstimate the range, and align the notches to the front sight post (one main reason the flip sight is always on top) and then pull the trigger.  Weapons such as the AG36 doesn't have a quadrant sight, mainly a removable flip sight similar for M203s mounted on weapons with rail systems.  To fire 200 meters, you alight the tip of the front sight post with the "2" (for 200m for example) and hopefully you'll get a hit.  Then again we're talking about an HE round, not a bullet so it's a bit easier wink_o.gif

Basically aiming and firing a 203 is Kentucky Windage no matter how you cut it, which is why some weapons that don't have leaf sights (or even those that do) require guesswork to bring on target. Fire and adjust.

As far as OFP is concerned, most of the 203 optic views are "okay" as it helps orient the firer (I get annoyed by it, I'm used to adjusting with a weapon without a flip sight) and brings some measure of accuracy, thogh the Swedish Mod has a calibrated optic view.

With the quadrant sight, you flip open the aiming post and peephole (Knight's Armament is quite more advanced, much like a holosight), pull the locking piece and swing the arm to the estimated range, sight it like a rifle, and pull trigger.

To fire 200 meters, you alight the tip of the front sight post with the "2" (for 200m for example) and hopefully you'll get a hit. Then again we're talking about an HE round, not a bullet so it's a bit easier wink_o.gif

Can any of that be simulated in OFP? I think I remember in Delta Force Blackhawk Down they had animated ironsights for the M16/M203, when I saw that I was like "Ah so thats why I dont know how to use them in OFP"

Can any of that be simulated in OFP?

Doubt it, we know animated optics (and animations on weapons in general) aren't possible. Though on the topic of GL sights, I like the F2000's approach that combines a laser range finder and computerized LED lights (not going to go into it and make a big deal about it again so we'll all stay on topic now, ok? If it helps you, just ignore that sentence). Though to be honest, I never use grenade launcher optics/ironsights in OFP, I never seem to have any problems hitting my target just by mentaly calculating the tradjectory (you just get used to it after a while). And if I miss, it's usualy close enough to adjust the next shot and get a hit.

On Topic:

Jackal, just wondering if you can consider adjusting dexterity values for the weapons in the config (heavier weapons have less dexterity, lighter ones more, 1.0 is default), I like it a lot and usualy enjoy the sluggish feeling of heavier weapons. A lot of people don't even know about this config entry and therefore neglect to use it, and I don't blame them considering BIS never used it (not noticably at least). But I think it makes a big difference on how real and believable the weapon feels, you should at least look into it (please notworthy.gif ).

Though on the topic of GL sights, I like the F2000's approach that combines a laser range finder and computerized LED lights

heh, I actually thought just a second before I read that bit "Wow, Kyle has posted a post in Jackals thread without mentioning that godforsaken FN2000 whistle.gif but yeah, lets not go back there....

I agree with you about Dexterirty values, I asked TB84 to put them into FFUR, but he said that it unbalances it due to the fact because the presence of secondary weapon had no effect on it, it was kinda unrealistic, but I dont think this will be an issue in a non-TC mod

I'll definately be adding in the dexterity config command/feature. It has been something I have been meaning to add for quite sometime, but it was always put off and eventually I forgot about it. Once the new weapns have been coded fully (hopefully by monday), I'll go over the entire config adjusting dexterity values accordingly.

That said however, they will, for the most part b trial and error, and they'll be continually adjusted based on feedback from my testers, and eventually the community once the pack is (FINALLY) released.

In other news, I've decided to drop the G3s again, due to several (rather large) model inaccuracies which will take a whilo fix, so I'll hope to include it in a future version.

In other news, I've decided to drop the G3s again, due to several (rather large) model inaccuracies which will take a whilo fix, so I'll hope to include it in a future version.

Arrrr, those pesky G3's, you'd think that they wanted to be released, but noooo... tounge2.gif

Aye, that's a G3A4 with a mid-production pattern foregrip, looks like.

Though on the topic of GL sights, I like the F2000's approach that combines a laser range finder and computerized LED lights

heh, I actually thought just a second before I read that bit "Wow, Kyle has posted a post in Jackals thread without mentioning that godforsaken FN2000  whistle.gif but yeah, lets not go back there....

I agree with you about Dexterirty values, I asked TB84 to put them into FFUR, but he said that it unbalances it due to the fact because the presence of secondary weapon had no effect on it, it was kinda unrealistic, but I dont think this will be an issue in a non-TC mod

You have to adjust them to suit what type of weapon. Squad Autos tend to have it's own "feel" to them, making them more cumbersome than of course an AR. But it's just a matter of trial and error. The values I have for my VBS1 version seem to work just right, so I'm good with them.

Hope you manage to get those ironsights from Benus, Jackal - they'd be a real boost to your pack! Please let us know how it goes.