Sign in to follow this  
MAA

CSLA 2 Update1

I have a GeForce FX 5600XT. You think this could be a reason for that problem?

icon_rolleyes.gif

have you installed csla with ffur ?

if so try to reinstall (remove old csla folder) w/o ffur and use the normal flash fx instead, gave me about 20fps+ and the effects seem to be the same while also the csla unit replacement still works..weird stuff but i wont complain biggrin_o.gif

there´s also a config using lockes anim mod for flash fx but i can´t find a link to it, let me know if you want it wink_o.gif

NOTE from readme file:

We also wish to deny the accusations of us making fun of the tragedy of Russian submarine Kursk by naming the sub in the campaign "Kurs" (Means "Course" in Czech). The authors of campaign chose the similar name to express compassion with the victims and their families and to build kinda memorial of the sailors of Kursk. May them rest in peace.

Even though we were later asked (rather harshly) to change the name, we will not. You know the reason.

edit:

I'm realy disgusted with anti-CSLA propaganda on www.flashpoint.ru forums.

Well I cant read russian anyways so I cant bash them for it. banghead.gif Besides if they sank their own sub because they screwed up then it's their own fault. whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'm realy disgusted with anti-CSLA propaganda on www.flashpoint.ru forums.

There isn't any propaganda on our forums, its just a real sight to the things.I don't want to share you my expressions from the quality of your addons.Its another topic and i can tell a lot. biggrin_o.gif

Your campaigns are "masterpieces" anyway. smile_o.gif Playing it i feel sorry for it's authors and their imagination... biggrin_o.gif It's a pity story, guys. Keep well. biggrin_o.gif

Well I think both of you need to sit down and have a talk.......

NOTE from readme file:

We also wish to deny the accusations of us making fun of the tragedy of Russian submarine Kursk by naming the sub in the campaign "Kurs" (Means "Course" in Czech). The authors of campaign chose the similar name to express compassion with the victims and their families and to build kinda memorial of the sailors of Kursk. May them rest in peace.

Even though we were later asked (rather harshly) to change the name, we will not. You know the reason.

edit:

Well I cant read russian anyways so I cant bash them for it. banghead.gif Besides if they sank their own sub because they screwed up then it's their own fault. whistle.gif

your talking about death of many innocent ppl.

remember

sometimes its better just to shut up.

No, I installed it w/o FFuR.

But it is extremly laggy, not comparable to the "old" CSLAII.

Curious thing...

indeed, i was like wow this looks awesome when i started it up, new GUI is awesome, put a few units on nogova, & lag city. back to liberation for me. nice work though either way CSLA guys.

No, I installed it w/o FFuR.

But it is extremly laggy, not comparable to the "old" CSLAII.

Curious thing...

weird... yeah ...

Because people who use FFUR as mod don't notice any lag , with CSLA + FFUR no lag too for comps higher than 2.0 ghz though...

btw I think it would be great to let the csla team to take some rest right now , these guys have worked a lot on this stuff in the goal to bring ya something of pretty nice wink_o.gif

I'm not sure whether my lag was caused for hot weather in summer but I played just in room with air conditioner. When I play CSLA2, my laptop often return suddenly to desktop with the message "... out of memory" . But there is no such problem when I play RHS's russian pack in FDF MOD.

My Dell laptop configuration as follows:

CPU: Intel Pentium RM755 2.0G

HARDDISK: 60G

RAM: 1GB ( 1X1024) DDR

AGP CARD: 128M DDR nVIDIA GEFORCE FX

My game setting:

1600x120

visual distance : 1050 meters

visual quality: around 9.2

All shadows are enable except the object shadow

Terrain Textures: Normal

Quote[/b] ]Because people who use FFUR as mod don't notice any lag , with CSLA + FFUR no lag too for comps higher than 2.0 ghz though...

I have lag with the machine on the sign.

I have to try the mod @FFUR to see if it gets better or use the CSLA efects.

Gess its most recent grafic cards problem.

Litle thing compare to the great work the CLSA team did here congrats guys smile_o.gif

Regarding the lag many of you reported: I am happy to announce that with help of one of our external contributors, the issue will be probably solved very early and owners of low-end PC would be able to enjoy CSLA Mod. Stay tuned... smile_o.gif

Regarding the campaigns: Their development were not under full control of the addon making team, which continued working after release of CSLA 2.0. We just bothered to convert them so that they could be played with newer addons, because some players actually liked them. They are meant as a bonus, and we dont ask anybody to play them. If some a*****e does not accept this, we dont care. We are not that bloody serious about this as some people are, we take them as past and finished projects we dont want to return to anymore.

Regarding the talks about flashpoint.ru etc.: We wish no further discussion about that on this thread, thank you for avoiding it.

We dont care of comments of the people who were flaming us since day 1 of CSLA 2, while they were not able to bring community anything by themselves. They think they are the best, but none of them showed it, or even told us why we are so bad. Only things we have ever heard from them was useless flaming. We were also never forgiven that in second campaign, CSLA fought with Soviets. Not very realistic, but IMO it is a bit silly to take it as an international insult. What should Americans do about our first campaign? Go mad or what? Many Russians should simply realize that we play computer game in 2005, not fight in the Cold War in 1985.

We would be happy if the people like DiversanT will ignore our mod in the future. Rest of you, enjoy it or throw it away! smile_o.gif

I also wish to announce that I am leaving active duty at CSLA Mod. I will still keep an eye on our baby and help the guys with patching Update 1, keep drinking with them and helping talented youngsters. I wish to learn some new things, try new projects, got some personal issues settled and wait for some new stuff from BIS to play with.

Dear community, I was happy to do my best for you, and your reward was sweet - the respect and friendship that has enriched my life for more than 3 years. Keep it up and have a nice time. smile_o.gif

i get really bad lag in cutscenes..... FPS drop from around 40 to 5-6 fps after a couple of seconds.... same in every cutscene

i have tried to install CSLA both with and without FFUR effects, same thing...

never had that problem before...

i tried to start only with CSLA (no other addons) and that didnt help either..

then i tried to lower all graphic settings to the original "out of the box" ones... no sucess.

my computer specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @2.0Ghz

ATI Radeon 9800 SE @128mb

768 Mb DDR RAM (400Mhz)

1280x1024x36 resoultion @85 Hz (19" screen)

this should be eneough to play OFP with "out of the box" settings and get some 100fps (i have tested before), but as i said, with CSLA i get 5-6 fps in the cutscenes (2 fps in the CWC intro)... the missions are ok though with 15-20 fps.

anyone knows what might cause this problem?

currently i have CSLA installed withouth FFUR effects.

Thats a whole lotta Mod going on there! Great work guys. \o/

PS. Anyone know if there's a way to install so I can have 2 launch icons? one with FFUR enabled, one without?

Thats a whole lotta Mod going on there! Great work guys.  \o/

PS. Anyone know if there's a way to install so I can have 2 launch icons? one with FFUR enabled, one without?

If you install it twice as CSLA and CSLA_FFUR you can have that. To spare some disc space you can delete everything from the CSLA_FFUR dir except the bin directory.

Then you make shortcuts of flashpointresistance.exe and add to...

Normal CSLA shortcut:

c:\...\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=CSLA

FFUR CSLA shorcut:

c:\...\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=CSLA;CSLA_FFUR

I haven't tested it but I am sure it will work.

@ Edge:

Time to say "Thanx" to you and your team, you brought a fantastic mod to us, providing a lot of hours of intensive and funny gameplay.

I think CSLA is one of the rare excellent and sympathic mods for our "old lady" OFP.

Don't care about narrow-minded guys who don't understand that this is a game, not a history lesson. I think the best sign for that is that all we are playing OFP all over the world.

And of course, someone must play the role of the bad guy. Once you are the bad boy, next time you are the hero.

I don't need such discussions.

And so as you tell us you will retire from CSLA let's say again many thanks to you and the best wishes to the remaining team.

BtW: good to hear about your activities to handle the lag problem.

smile_o.gif

Hi, amazing mod, I love the tanks and espcially the choppers!

But now I get a problem with these choppers and I can't isolate it yet.

As soon as I use one of the choppers in a multiplayer mission, play it on a dedicated server, it starts eating up memory and the FPS drops within 3 minutes from 50fps (server fps) to lower than 10fps (server fps). Even if I make an EMPTY mission, clean mission. With just 1 west soldier and one of the hinds. As soon as I get in it, and start up the chopper, and start flying around, the memory usage keeps increasing on the server and the fps drops and drops and drops...

So I can't use the choppers in my multiplayer missions somehow. Anybody any idea? Tried the CSLA with and without FFUR on server and client. Client and Server are both high end machines and as soon as I replace the CSLA hind or hip by let's say VIT choppers, it's no problem at all, fps and memory usage stays normal on the server :S

I also put up a gamelogic called: ServerChk, to get rid of the message that you get when you use a chopper of the CSLA, I didnt get the message anymore but still the lags...

As soon as I get out of the chopper, crash or shot down, then the Server FPS goes back to normal again.

Hope you guys know a fix for this, I was pretty happy to use those choppers smile_o.gif

For the rest, great job, really excellent stuff!

EDIT:

I just tried ONLY running CSLA, both on server and client, so both completely CLEAN installations and only CSLA enabled....but I get the same problems...Memory usage increasing rapidly, and FPS dropping down from 50 in a few minutes to around or even below 10 sad_o.gif When I jump out of the chopper, the FPS goes up again.

I also wish to announce that I am leaving active duty at CSLA Mod. I will still keep an eye on our baby and help the guys with patching Update 1, keep drinking with them and helping talented youngsters. I wish to learn some new things, try new projects, got some personal issues settled and wait for some new stuff from BIS to play with.

Dear community, I was happy to do my best for you, and your reward was sweet - the respect and friendship that has enriched my life for more than 3 years. Keep it up and have a nice time. smile_o.gif

Good luck with everything man, hope to see you back wink_o.gif

I have a problem with this mod.

I installed it but when I click on the icon on the desktop I get the first picture and then error message "Data file read error (stringtable.csv)"

my computer specs are:

768 Mb DDR RAM (400Mhz)

this should be eneough to play OFP with "out of the box" settings and get some 100fps (i have tested before), but as i said, with CSLA i get 5-6 fps in the cutscenes (2 fps in the CWC intro)... the missions are ok though with 15-20 fps.

No its not I have;

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro @128mb

1,5 Gb DDR RAM (400Mhz)

And I never have 100fps in OFP, my max is 85 doesn't go higher than that. Its the old engine that is the problem It doesn't take full advantage of our hardware I guess I just hope ArmA will run smoother.

my computer specs are:

768 Mb DDR RAM (400Mhz)

No its not I have;

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro @128mb

1,5 Gb DDR RAM (400Mhz)

And I never have 100fps in OFP, my max is 85 doesn't go higher than that. Its the old engine that is the problem It doesn't take full advantage of our hardware I guess I just hope ArmA will run smoother.

ive had 125 FPS in ofp (according to the DXDLL fps meter), then it dropped to 85 again when i changed graphics drivers (and i cant for the world remember what drivers it where)

yeah, I remember having something like 145 on the desert isle according to DXDLL...

Of course it does not stay that high when adding more units etc...

But anyway...

Second edit: Never mind, it was to do with BN880's tracers. Fixed now

Hi all.

CSLA I must congratulate you on a job well done!

But one thing, on some of the missions i get the error message.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">can not load mission, missing addon thowkok

well along those lines.

Any help?

edit* i have installed just CSLA and dynamic nog (and the mapfact addons for it), nothing else

When i try to run Dynamic CSLA 2 i get an error saying its missing the "character.sqs" script, now is that a common error? or did it install itself wrong? help.gif

and may i congratulate all in CSLA Mod for a great beautiful product biggrin_o.gif

Wildo smile_o.gif

NOTE from readme file:

edit:

your talking about death of many innocent ppl.

remember

sometimes its better just to shut up.

I'm not going to start a flame war over something as stupid as this so practice what you preach.

srry, dont know the answer to your question, but I love this mod. smile_o.gif

it was also cool the way you guys at CSLA used that different version of Metallica (one) at the begining of the CSLA campaign thumbs-up.gif

I placed two vehicles of the East/Guerilla side as a group, both had a DSHK, one was this new minivan and the other the GAZxx6xx (what ever). I shot the GAZ from the minivan with the DSHK and the game CTD'd... hope u can fix whats causing it.