Sign in to follow this  
The-Architect

What is your favorite island?

Let's face it, Everon is fairly good but the trees are nothing on Nogova's vegetation. Kolgujev is diffucult to work with (Why would anyone want it?) Malden is good but we've all done that to death. Desert Island is, well, deserted and finally Nogova is a little too small.

What is your favorite non-BIS island?

I'm looking to use a good one for my new mission but don't want to download 20 duffers before I find the right one.

What's your choice and why?

General = Flashpoint out of the box.

Moving to A&M:D smile_o.gif

Agent Smith's updated version of Afghanistan. Pure art, especially with dynamic afghan mission.  smile_o.gif

The latest version of Trinity, Waterman's Skye, Casca_SE, Atlantis Gold and Sarugao are all excellent too.

Cool, I'll take a look at some of Jakerod's stuff. Saint David Island sounds good from the description. A golf course lol.

Gadger, do you have links to Casca_SE and Atlantis Gold? I can't find them.

freya island is probably the best island made using bis objects i'd like to live there its that nice ...6 mb, 2 islands ,1 that is a object light version for multiplayer and cti

cat_afghan revivsited SE version is about the best desert map 99%

new objects and not laggy

tonal looks great but doesn't really work. too laggy and too buggy

theres 3 outstanding islands in their own ways...

oh and newland island is really amazing but a bit cpu heavy (has a race track and stuff

Guest Ti0n3r

My favourites; FDF East Border & FDF Maldajah.

Hi,

My favourite maps are Havelte and Leusderheide, as these represent Dutch terrain and their flatness imposes different tactics than the usual hilly terrain of other OFP islands.

Other islands that I like a lot are Trinity and Freya. These maps contain various islands connected by bridges which are always good chokepoints to center a mission on. Freya also has very nicely done towns.

Regards,

Sander

Hi, this are some of the best islands that i've tryed:

Legus 1.1 by Iguana

Asahmi 0.75 by Mr. Bean

Salang Island (updated)

Mapfact Nogova v1.22

& any of the Jake Rod/Bloody Days Mod island; but i liked much more the Beta of Ivanski than the final version; the beta (that seems unavailable in any place; but i've it in the HD) was damn great. And it still having a lot of empty terrain, if i were a island maker & i had permisson... i'll change the textures for some terrain textures that i've (100% High-Res, all quality), i'll make (TJO!, stole) some buildings & i'll remap the textures for more High-Res textures that i've... & BOOM, the perfect island; weed plantations... coke plantations... nightclubs... houses of foxes everywhere... 1 or 2 police stations to assault... & a mapfact made airport; from where take off with the AH1's W, the UH1's N & the A4 Skyhawks. To don't let more than ashes of those police stations... & then go PARTEEEEE!!!! to some (or all) those night klubbs. Let's cu >>;-)

I don't know if it still works but my favorite early custom island

Orangeland

this might be quite unfamiliar, but to me it is HarborCity because it uses the best of GAIA island (which in and of itself is hardly playable for me)

besides that:

- UMF Jelalhalbat. Very convincing mountains and mountain roads on that one.

- all islands that have relief (slopes etc) in cities, not just flat pancakes

- Tonal. best mix ever. pity though it is too large, lots of redundant empty terrain.

Random order;

-Afganistan 1.2 (Best desert Island)

-Eastborder

-Autumn Malden (=) Oh the leaves)

-And damn forgot the name sometihng with Surgao, has many mountains and only used CWC objects but it is a nice Island

-Winter Nogojev

smile_o.gif

Not counting my own islands, I would have to say Kumlinge, Hailuoto and FDFmod's Eastborder, in no specific order.

Sorry BergHoff, haven't tested Homeland yet. tounge_o.gif

Cool, I'll take a look at some of Jakerod's stuff. Saint David Island sounds good from the description. A golf course lol.

Gadger, do you have links to Casca_SE and Atlantis Gold? I can't find them.

Both are here mate.

Hmmm....a favourite of mine would have to be Suursaari, one big long strip of land.

Cat Shits Afgan map. Oh i remember BETA testing this back when it was a trial version with just a small town in the middle of a few mountains tounge_o.gif It was awesome to load up then and things have just got better (kudos to Agt Smith for the updates) since!

Catshit's Afghanistan for me too, along with LLW's Leusderheide, BDM's Lorient, and CBFASI's North Devon beta.

My favorite version of Cat's afghan map had a river in it... don't remember what version that was... but Remo's Afghan Everon I think has nicer buildings and a better format than the Cat afghan maps.