Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Armed Assault - should the name be changed?

Operation Join In Progress

Gets my vote.  smile_o.gif

Oh, I can't vote, well then.

what about.

OFP:Combined Arms

and we just say that OFP doesnt stand for Operation Flashpoint but Operation Flashlight.. but well not tell no one that lol

I'm another one of those who like Virtual Battlefield Systems, and I think a name of that sort would attract people as it would seem quite professional, but still be a normally priced game (I hope).

I'm in a happy mood today, so I'll spare you my suggestions smile_o.gif

I dont really like the name but it's only a name and they seem to have it in rock solid now with the website and announcements. I say just work on the game and dont worry about the name. It will always be OFP:AA to us.

I think OFP: Combined Arms is a good name wink_o.gif

Anything along those lines. smile_o.gif

Daniel @ May 19 2005,19:11)]I think OFP: Combined Arms is a good name wink_o.gif

Anything along those lines. smile_o.gif

combined arms is a kickass name..

and on the other side of the box it has to say something about the community and how extreme much you can download...

i voted dont care . i dont like the name, but what its called isn't gonna make any difference to the game itself ..

i think it should be called Arse Assualt and freddy mercury and elton john could be in place of guba and lead the red army tounge_o.gif

I think the Flashpoint name should be kept - maybe not "Operation Flashpoint", but the "Flashpoint" part is highly recognizable and would make it much easier to sell the new game. The abbreviation 'OFP' - as much as I'm used to it myself - is only used by OFP regulars and veterans. And those will buy the new game whatever it's name anyways!

"Armed Assault" could be the sub title. They already started their publicity campaign using that name, so removing it copletely would be a waste of resources - which BIS probably can't afford easily without a publisher at hand.

I don't like "Armed Assualt", it should be something that jumps out. Something like: "Codemasters are Bollocks", or "This should appease the fans while OFP2 is in the works"

But come to think of it, I thought OFP was a terrible name when I first heard it, it grew on me because the game is great, maybe Armed Assault will be same.

hi @ all,

that is now my 4 or 5 account with the same name. i hope nobody deletet me again. biggrin_o.gif

I would wish for felled received remain would become that on each the name (Operation)

Operation BIS Power ;)

Operation blablub

also for OFP2

Also if this subject was now the incorrect place. It is have me equal, essential matter I here finally what written.

BTW: Sorry for my bad english^^

I like this sentence in English forums. biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

We cannot use these names:

Operation

Flashpoint

Combined Arms

Tactical Combat

Tactical Command

MechOps

Virtual Military Force

Virtual Tactical Warfare

I dont Care if the name is "Armed Assualt". A names a name. I just want the game! biggrin_o.gifblues.gif

How about :

Virtual Battlefield Systems: Armed Assault!

That sounds cool, doesn't, you guys do own the name the VBS name right?

Operation

Flashpoint

Combined Arms

You can't use this words alone but you can combine them to result in a familiar title I am sure.Check out Flashpoint Germany,it got out last year and there were no problems as far as I know registering the name.

So why isn't BIS using:

Flashpoint [insert scenario title]

Examples

Flashpoint Koglujev

Flashpoint Basra

Flashpoint 2010

And how does the community feel towards such a title name,I myself belive is the best option right now.

How about :

I don't think BIS wants to taint the VBS military brand name with regular consumer-oriented games...

I really don't like the name Armed Assault, it WILL be confused with America's Army which is played by the same group of gamers, military simulation players! Very poor choice in this sense, IMO. Besides that it sounds very boring. Armed Assault, what, as opposed to Unarmed Assault? Too bad that you can't use Combined Arms, it would really capture the spirit of the game.

After the press release and 6 months from release I suspect this is set in stone, what can I say, unfortunate but still not that big a deal.

I agree, that if there is any legal way to include "Flashpoint" in the title, it would be the ideal option. For me, OFP has always been "Flashpoint". Working something along the lines of VBS (as suggested) would also be great, and it seems to me that it would make the game JUMP out at customers at a store (unlike OFP or AA).

Armed Assault is a very bland name, I totally agree. Sorry BIS, I love you for giving us (err... selling us smile_o.gif something to hold us until OFP2 (AA2?), but I think the name was a poor choice...

How about :

I agree (but without that corny exclamation mark). wink_o.gif

Some derivative or subtitle of VBS would be the best. Pinpointing that the game is based on military training simulator would also help a lot in advertisement campaign. xmas_o.gif

Operation

Flashpoint

Combined Arms

Mh, sorry to hear that, I liked OFP: Combined Arms or would like to have Operation or Flashpoint in the new title. sad_o.gif

I can`t believe CM can own the rights to any title with a "Flashpoint" or "Operation" in the name, as quicKsanD showed with "Flashpoint Germany". Maybe BIS had to sign something when they quit working with CM, that would be the only reason I could think of.

Anyways, if it stays Armed Assault, let`s just call it ArA and all fans could recognize each other by cheesy bumper stickers like the christians do

975ara6ge.gif

tounge_o.gif

some links with this for memory could be a good idea .

Armed Assault : Project Trident,

Combat Legacy : Code Neptune

... or something like that.

The subtitle should have some links to the Campaign too, like Cold War Crisis, Red Hammer or Resistance had in their time .

Operation

Flashpoint

Combined Arms

Could you tell us if names from inside the flashpoint game can be used, like character names, town names, islands, missions, etc, or are all these owned by CM too rock.gif .

This would help us try and find a suitable name, one that would remind people of the original, i too dont really like Armed Assault much, its a shame you cant use flashpoint anymore sad_o.gif .

Armed Assault sounds flat chested. Just like another shooter out there. Anyway, what is it supposed to mean? No shi.t.. they are armed during an assault? Wow, thats incredible

Do you have any suggestions? Here are mine. These are no fantasy terms and I guess many of you are familliar with those

1.   Operation R.Y.A.N

2.   The Placebo dilemma! tounge_o.gif

3.   COLD WAR SCARE

4.   ABLE ARCHER 83.

my suggestions:

#5  all the forum members go weeee!!1    tounge_o.gif

#6 COTS:TT (civilian of the shelf terrorist trainer)

Don worry, bought AA and replace the title in phtoshop the print t and voila, another flashpoint biggrin_o.gif, btw, could be usefull if we know when Arm Ass take time, if it has another argument, etc...

1.- Red Storm

2.- Head of bridge

3.- Burnt land

4.- Red Star