Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Armed Assault - should the name be changed?

Is it so hard to understand (read ''get it through your thick skulls'') that BIS can't use the words/terms ''Operation'' or ''Combined Arms''? rock.gif

It's a hopeless task, man...

*Handing over the baton to the next guy in this relay race*

biggrin_o.gif

Keep quoting, people and maybe they'll get it... wink_o.gif

Haha next person to post a new name with Operation or Flashpoint in 'em will get a "I'm stupid" sign tounge_o.gif

Cold War: Interdiction smile_o.gif .

From the developers of best seller 2001 game Operation Flashpoint, Operation Flashpoin Reasistance, and VBS1 tactical real time simulation system used by world wide military institutions like the USMC and the Australian Defence Forces.

Featuring a complete engine overall with new functions, optimisations and unbeatable MP action (JIP).

Backwards compatbility with comunity made content.

Several new graphical improvements.

New exclusive content (new units, missions, 100 sq km island, new characters and sp campaign).

If you see the flash... ignore it! Its just codemasters pretending they are BIS tounge_o.gif .

Since OFP was first supposed to be named Operation Flashpoint: Status Quo instead of CWC, why not just Status Quo, without any Operation nor Flashpoint? I have no friggn' idea what it means but it sounds good. biggrin_o.gif

Sorry havn't read heer much been away.

AA reminds me of Tribes Arial Assault and that was a crud game.

OFPAA - TribesAA

Don't think much of the name but I'm sure looking foward to it.

Since OFP was first supposed to be named Operation Flashpoint: Status Quo instead of CWC, why not just Status Quo, without any Operation nor Flashpoint? I have no friggn' idea what it means but it sounds good. biggrin_o.gif

status quo are like the worst band in the world man crazy_o.gif

Entry Word: status quo

Function: noun

Text: the state or fact of being the way things usually are <civic leaders who are afraid to do anything that might change the town's status quo>

quite a fitting name for a band that made a career from making the same record over and over again the only change being the tempo tounge_o.gif

The word placebo isn't bad at all, if Paul hadn't taken it I would have suggested a name with the word placebo in it. wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

An inactive substance or preparation used as a control in an experiment or test to determine the effectiveness of a medicinal drug.

Nah, I would be irrelevant to the whole war. But I still like the word.

[OT]Have anyone seen 51st State?[/OT]

Anyway, what about Operation: Sunrise Weapon?

Hmm we forgetting to come up with names that are suited to the military situation that the game is about. Which may be still CWC I dunno but I don't think it has new hardware so it must be 1985.

I guess we can assume that its a Offensive operation,. So the name has to suit it, The only reason people don't like Armed Assault is because for short AA it sounds like Americas Army and other such games, this is something I believe BIS should steer from otherwise they could loose the marketing edge amungst all confusion smile_o.gif

Armed Assault just sounds bland, very generic. It deservse a better title. Preferably something that conjures up images of the Cold War. How many games have had Armed or Assault in their title. I can think of a few off the top of my head. It deserves something unique, but cool (for lack of a better term tounge_o.gif )

The Third War Return To War New War something?? what is the new campaign name??

-Red Dagger

-Red Front

-In the shadow of the iron curtain (nah, thats too long)

-Hammers and Stars (Most lame name ever)

Bah! I'm going to bed, can't sit here all night.

How about;

Operation Flashpoint 1.5: The Search For More Money?

How about;

Do you mean that BIS is only after money? rock.gif

hi everybody

this is my first post smile_o.gif

The name Armed Assault is sleepy.. I cant imagine any picture if I hear that. Anyway, here r my suggestions:

East-West Conflict (1985?)

Conflict of Interessts

Fire on Ice

Global Power War 1985

Mission Silent Mushroom wink_o.gif

thinking of more Names

Maybe the name should fit to the year to what it's based.

If Cold War ,then maybe "Hunting With Cold War Stuff" biggrin_o.gif

or "Shoot the Communist" tounge_o.gif

or CS-"Communist Shooter 1985" like Counter Strike only the year 1985 biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif .

---------------

ok ok now the real names:

Fall of the Red Empire -FOTRE

Fight over the World 1985

--------

fuck the names , i'll call it OFP 1.5

Placebo War could make sense, and no-oine outside the community would get it biggrin_o.gif

A good name from some guy in another topic was Poseidon: Second Wave, which makes sense tounge_o.gif

Resistance:Second Wave
Quote[/b] ]A good name from some guy in another topic was Poseidon: Second Wave, which makes sense  tounge_o.gif

Errrr do I need to copyright it? tounge_o.gif  blues.gif

Yep, this is also my feeling, the name should really be changed, at least because there is already an AA kind of "game" around...

Resistance:Second Wave
Quote[/b] ]A good name from some guy in another topic was Poseidon: Second Wave, which makes sense tounge_o.gif

Errrr do I need to copyright it? tounge_o.gifblues.gif

Hey, I never said that was my original idea. I just stole it of someone and added Poseidon instead of Resistance. Anyway it was for Game2, not for ARAS. smile_o.gif

Could be fine to keep the acronym OFP, just with other, not patented names. Or at least keep the letters.

Or maybe something new if not possible. What about

# War is not over: WINO (maybe just for fun smile_o.gif )

# Operation Return For Peace: ORFP

# Tactical Force Patrol: TFP

# Operative Peace Keeping: OPK

# Restoring Peace: RP

Sorry, i may have missed this, but is Armed Assault a stand alone game or upgrade for Flashpoint?

@colossus

Quote[/b] ]Quote (stegman @ May 24 2005,12:05)

How about;

Do you mean that BIS is only after money?

...Perrish the thought. I'm sure they make games out of the kindness of their hearts and only charge the minimum required to cover their losses. And I'm very greatfull of that.

Sorry, i may have missed this, but is Armed Assault a stand alone game or upgrade for Flashpoint?

@colossus

Quote[/b] ]Quote (stegman @ May 24 2005,12:05)

How about;

Do you mean that BIS is only after money?  

...Perrish the thought.  I'm sure they make games out of the kindness of their hearts and only charge the minimum required to cover their losses.  And I'm very greatfull of that.

I was curious about the name thats all smile_o.gif

I'm sure they do that.

I don't think it's such a big deal what the game may be called.

When we actually have the game in our hands, it could be called Barney's Great Adventure for all we care