Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Armed Assault - should the name be changed?

David, James, Robert and Nicholai's Adventure II

xmas_o.gif

or Revange of the BIS.

I reckon this 'Second Wave' stuff would be good. Like a second wave of OFP1. smile_o.gif

Combined Assault

Is that legal?

Is that English?

If yes, it might be a good name IMO.

Armed Assault sounds fine to me.

Armed Conflict or Modern Conflict would be cool too.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry, i may have missed this, but is Armed Assault a stand alone game or upgrade for Flashpoint?

Standalone.

As long as the name is better than, ooohhhh I dont know, lets say Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (I swear they pull names out of a hat for those games) then i'll be happy.

Warming very much to ARAS though

Quote[/b] ]Operation Flashpoint 1.5: The Search For More Money?

I've spent nothing on OFP in the last couple of years and will happily pay for OFP1.5

@ade_mcc

Quote[/b] ]Quote

Operation Flashpoint 1.5: The Search For More Money?

I've spent nothing on OFP in the last couple of years and will happily pay for OFP1.5

I'll buy it too, don't get me wrong. I have no problem lining the pockets of corporate giants in order to get what i want...

i hope bis, will change the name! maybe COLD WAR FLASH! or THE FIRST LINE! or OPERATION BROCKEN ICE! or simply, THE COLOUR OF WAR! wink_o.gif you know, ofp have a wonderfool colour, just like the war.(i didn´t say real war wink_o.gif )

How about The Second Line? As in the second line of defence. rock.gif

How about;

Operation Flashpoint 1.5: The Search For More Money?

Do you mean that BIS is only after money? rock.gif

No, BIS is actually funded by the fairy godmother who wants to bring happiness to the wargamers around the globe. xmas_o.gif

Of course they are only after money, it's just that their modus operandi is trying not to make crap. At least I hope it still is. crazy_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I dont think BIS will earn much money on ArAs. They'll just keep the community happy. And thats fine with me biggrin_o.gif

I dont think BIS will earn much money on ArAs. They'll just keep the community happy. And thats fine with me  biggrin_o.gif

I think they could make well if the improvements are noticeable and so is stability and performance, because OPF is too good to let die, with some improvements and new content it might be do pretty well i think smile_o.gif .

And thats why it needs a new, decent name! For the gaming world to know the game got a new name, got better and the very promissing sequel will be nÅŸ2 and not Operation flashpoint anymore wink_o.gif .

That's why BIS is using the abreviation ArAs.

That's why BIS is using the abreviation ArAs.

I think we started using "ARAS" in the first place, i know i did, i still dont like "Armed Assault" much but ARAS is slowly growing on me smile_o.gif .

i think they should let the name as it is i like it.We should stop  putting our energy in those name changing thread  and try to know whats will be in that engine (exep what we already know jip....). They almost did'nt give  info about it crazy_o.gif (ive seen the press release and almost all gamers site but ...) and more ingame pics would be great smile_o.gif  wink_o.gif what do you think of that? unclesam.gif

and more ingame pics would be great smile_o.gif  wink_o.gif what do you think of that? unclesam.gif

They should release more pics and a movie with ingame footage, if they are betting for a holiday release they should start advertising right away, publisher or not wink_o.gif .

Maybe they havent got much to show at the time? I mean art related stuff because engine improvements may not impress the general audience and people would point their finger if they saw old stuff, maybe they dont even know how much they will improve or put in ARAS yet.. or maybe they think its still too early and they want to surprise us closer to release, i look forward to see and hear more about it smile_o.gif .

I really hope this next release will boost the comunity up, its too quiet right now, its even close to impossible to do MP these days sad_o.gif .

Considering the fact that the last mission in the original Operation Flashpoint was named Status Quo, it should be some kind of play on words from that.

Just a thought.

Operation Red Dawn, or just Red Dawn.

That would sound coool. biggrin_o.gif

Cold War: Reloaded biggrin_o.gif As it can't be called Flashpoint, it may well be called anything else. As far as there's BIS logo on the box I'm fine.