/ \

/ \

/ \

/ \

/ \

/ 2012

Ofp2

Start

well at the rate things are going ofp2 will not be released until your graphs end tounge_o.gif .................... sad_o.gif

Im hoping this version will still be around with gamers long after Flashpoint 2 is released. This is selfish reasons as Im very much doubting my PC will run OFP2. Nor do I have the money to splash out on upgrade either. I will be trawling the budget bins in games stores when OFP1 dies, to keep my current PC active smile_o.gif

I believe one other thing that is hurting OPF is some incompatbility problems that make the game less stable with some newer hardware sad_o.gif .

totally dead, more than a year unistalled.

HAving tested other games it is now impossible you still enjoy OFP with it flaws in graphics and specially phsysics.

Quote[/b] ]totally dead, more than a year unistalled.

HAving tested other games it is now impossible you still enjoy OFP with it flaws in graphics and specially phsysics.

I don't care about graphics. Some of the best games were made over 15 years ago and are still to be bested.

Physics is one of the weakness's this game has. That said it's one of very few weakness's. Yeah a lot of the new games have great physics, and great graphics, but the games suck. All looks and no brains I say.

I'd rather have good graphics, sketchy physics, and a great game than have beautiful graphics, ragdoll physics, and a garbage game that is just Doom and Wolfensteind 3D all over again.

totally dead, more than a year unistalled.

It's surley not dead today biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]totally dead, more than a year unistalled.

And yet you still bother to drop by a "dead" game's forum? Get a life! tounge_o.gif

If the game is dead, why, after 3.75 years did the forum just host the most users ever?

You will know that OFP1 (or any game for that matter) is dead and buried when you cannot post any more stupid questions like this on an official game's forum!

Wadmann

I've been addicted for over the last month,And thats just from the mission builder.I only recently started making add-ons and have only played like 4 multiplayer games.

It might be drawing its last breaths, but I will be playing long after it is dead.

Here's why OFP has been such a success.

Aside from the campaigns, OFP is no more a game than Adobe Photoshop. It's an incredible program that allows us to create an endless number of combat situations and play them out from any POV. Open-source addon making has become an art form, no doubt, but it has also served as the educational opportunity of a lifetime for many modelers and coders, affecting their future and the future of the gaming industry. When SimCity became a hit, Maxis coined a term for games that you cannot win or lose. Software Toys. That's what OFP is.

Somebody mentioned Fallout and/or Fallout 2. Though not designed to be so, these games (and most other Black Isle games) tend to fall into this category, simply because of the non-linear design and near-endless replay value.

I can only hope that BIS realizes this and continues to view OFP (or AA or Game 2 or whatever) as a software toy, and not a game.

I hope that the incoming OFP will also use a kind of cpp like the first version, I don't wanna spend 2 months to understand how it works. tounge_o.gif

btw OFP1 isn't dead and won't die , thrust me wink_o.gif

At least we'll do our best to keep it alive at long as possible.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Yes ofp is pretty dead its only dead for me though because of cheats every game I play in someone is spawning a bus train car or bloody plane!! Hate cheaters band.gif them all banghead.gif . Till the id changer came out ofp is now destroyed. RIP

Hi all

I never have any problems with cheaters.

I play on line you only see cheating in the counter strike or doomesque games.

Interesting these odd people who pop in to say OFP is dead odd behaviour realy as far as OFP codemasters franchise is concerned I would agree with them

So long live BIS and Armed Assault. biggrin_o.gif BIS makers of the best physics engine ever.

Kind regards walker

Guest Ti0n3r

OFP is not dead and wont start to die until Armed Assault is released.

Hopefully we will get rid the cheaters when Armed Assault is out.

Yep .... ARAS may well signal the end, but thats OK biggrin_o.gif

As for cheaters, find a server with a good cummunity running it, that gets rid most of the problem kiddies.

Well sorry to agree with so many here, but in my eyes OFP has finally had its day. For those of you who know me you will know that I gave the community a nice league to play in for 2 years (TNT League). This past two months I havent even booted up the game because Im tired of having to try and stop cheaters from playing in my league. I am a little frustrated also that BIS has not done anything with OFP1 for the past 18 months. They know exactly what cheats are out there and have done nothing to stop it continuing or getting worse.

Its time to wake up and smell the coffee people. The vast majority of people have moved on from OFP, no matter how good the game is, its going to lose players if they cant get a decent game because of cheaters. I have passed the running of TNT onto members from my league because I play World of Warcraft instead. And two teams have left TNT this week due to being fed up with cheaters on servers.

BIS cannot seriously hope to release Armed Assault without some serious cheat protection program and support for the game after its released - granted OFP1 is now 4 years old, but the original ID changer was released almost 2 years ago, and nothing as much as a patch to combat it from BIS in all that time. And now we have an even worse ID changer which can imitate anyones ID.

So give me one good reason for kidding myself that OFP is still as good as it was 4 years ago (even with Resistance). Sorry guys but your in the minority if you think OFP is still a thriving game - people are leaving for games like Battlefield 2.

I think that the biggest problem is that BIS left too big a gap between OFP and OFP2. Technology has moved fast in games over the past 4 years and OFP is looking a little jaded when you compare it to the opposition that has been released since.

TNT will be back fully for Armed Assault of course as I hope that the cheating scum wont figure out how to crack the game for at least a month.

Marshal Law

TNT League

And yet you still bother to drop by a "dead" game's forum? Get a life! tounge2.gif

Well you know, i tend to go for some news on ofp2... Maybe your shot dick head can´t process that, but hey, thats your problem.

Quote[/b] ]If the game is dead, why, after 3.75 years did the forum just host the most users ever?

cause they are selling the game at 9 euros.

Quote[/b] ]You will know that OFP1 (or any game for that matter) is dead and buried when you cannot post any more stupid questions like this on an official game's forum!

Maybe the stupidness is in your head when you cannot past being a fanboy that doesn´t see the obvious.

It's surley not dead today biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  xmas_o.gif

It is surely dead, the only thing is that they sell it at 9Euros and ppl are buying it low budget.

I'd rather have good graphics, sketchy physics, and a great game than have beautiful graphics, ragdoll physics, and a garbage game that is just Doom and Wolfensteind 3D all over again.

Yeah welll... when you have tested a great game... with great graphics and great physicis everything bbelow that is a shit.. and ofp´s engine is nearly 9 years old.

Guest Ti0n3r

Mora2, I think you should watch your language a little...

Edit: BTW, does anyone know how much OFP: GOTY costs? My OFP1 cd has been wasted for more than a year now.

It's surley not dead today biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  xmas_o.gif

It is surely dead, the only thing is that they sell it at 9Euros and ppl are buying it low budget.

Dude, that was the day that they released news about the up comming games and I guess that on that day there were MANY ppl playing OFP.

It's not dead, I'm playing it again and untill nobody plays it it's not dead.

OFP never dies!

Quote[/b] ]It is surely dead, the only thing is that they sell it at 9Euros and ppl are buying it low budget.

The fact that people are buying it at all suggests that OFP is not dead. There aren't many ~2 year old games out there (im talking about resistance here) that aren't on budget.

Quote[/b] ]Yeah welll... when you have tested a great game... with great graphics and great physicis everything bbelow that is a shit.. and ofp´s engine is nearly 9 years old.

Mora2 - I think that your priorities differ from mine.

We have had high numbers of people visiting the forums recently due to the recent news and innovations and there is genuine excitement in the community.

OFP dead? This is only the start of things to come.

Quote[/b] ]ofp´s engine is nearly 9 years old.

Depends on the way you look at it smile_o.gif

The first version of the engine (with the F14?) is nine years old, but there have been constant changes and addings to the engine. The latest version of Poseidon (1.96) is about two years old.

Oh, and there is ofcourse an alpha of Poseidon II that exists, but we dont know anything about that yet tounge2.gif

If you see it that way, ArmA and Game2 engines are going to be even older than OFP1! nener.gif

Seriously, there's no alternative, except maybe VBS, you can't deny that.

I think the fact this thread has gone onto 9 pages shows that OFP isn't dead, no? smile_o.gif

- Ben

When the topic is "OFP...Dead?", I just love it when people that insist that it is dead say:

Quote[/b] ]...they are selling the game...

Please focus on the word selling. If a games is still being bought and played 4 years after it's original release, only an idiot would say that OFP is dead. This fact proves that it is clearly alive as it is still being bought when there are many other games currently available that have better graphics.

Well coming from someone that stated that they are looking "for some news on ofp2" in a thread that is clearly about OFP, most of you can figure out the rest.

@Mora2 - As you have proven that you cannot comprehend simple concepts, I am saying that your are as dumb as rocks!

Wadmann