Sign in to follow this  
tophe

BIS @ E3: Confirmed!

We interrupt your conspiracy theories for a word from the sponsors....

As much as we'd love to shout from the rooftops our future plans (including this year's E3), I'm afraid we're too busy working hard making the PC sequel to Operation Flashpoint the best game it can possibly be. That said we may announce details about our plans for E3 next week.

Now back to the conspiracy theories.......

wink_o.gif

who sponsored that info? and how come there's no quotes? and can't suma tell us this perspnally? crazy_o.gif

and can't suma tell us this perspnally? crazy_o.gif

Nah, I think not.. as placebo said, they are working hard to complete OFP2 smile_o.giftounge_o.gif

and can't suma tell us this perspnally? crazy_o.gif

Nah, I think not.. as placebo said, they are working hard to complete OFP2 smile_o.giftounge_o.gif

But Placebo isn't working on OFP2, he is Community/PR Manager. Of course he can't just tell us everything he knows, all information going out needs to be coordinated with other managers from BIS.

Still, it wouldn't take more then an hour to come up with an official statement about OFP2.

Personally I think BIS isn't telling us anything because Codemasters doesn't want them to.

As much as we'd love to shout from the rooftops our future plans (including this year's E3), I'm afraid we're too busy working hard making the PC sequel to Operation Flashpoint the best game it can possibly be. That said we may announce details about our plans for E3 next week.

wink_o.gif

Thanx Placebo, i can imagine it still way too soon for them to start advertising and teasing us, for me it is good enough to know that the game is in production and will be released sometime in the future, good stuff smile_o.gif .

Personally, I think that BIS should at least release SOME details of the current state of OFP2. They are obviously going to appear at E3 because they are listed as an exhibitor on the official E3 site.

I run the TNT League and myself and the clans in the league are now starting to doubt whether OFP2 will ever come out. First of all we hear late last year and then early 2006. The same goes for the XBox version of OFP. When is it coming out? It was supposed to be released last Winter and here we are 6 months down the line and still no news?

Screenshots for the XBox version go right back to 2002, so why is it taking so long to finally release a game when there were in-game screenshots taken 3 years ago?

I was in Email contact with Marek Spanel around this time last year and he told me that October 2004 was a realistic date for the release of the XBox version, at which point they will be working on the server code for OFP2 - so why the prolonged wait?

We are a patient community BIS, but the way you have dealt with information for OFP2 has left a lot of us doubting that your actually going to deliver anything. Your OFP2 website hasnt been updated for over a year either.

No wonder BIS are worried about Battlefield 2 - to get an audience interested you have to show them some kind of teaser to get them excited - no news=no interest.

Marshal Law

TNT League Owner

http://www.tntleague.com

bah, you take the word of other troll sites as cold hard facts of reality instead of the copycat rumor-mongering? Of course they tell you riddles, we've got Placebo here telling riddles of maybe the third order. I wouldn't say the first or second as we're waving the E3 exhibitor registration lists around, but it's a riddle nonetheless.

So lets parse words of our dear information minister shall we? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

According to what a Codemasters PR spokesperson told Computer Games Magazine, the publisher will attend E3 but only in a limited capacity with a room at the Los Angeles Convention Center to conduct business. The room will not be showcasing any upcoming games to the media or press at the expo.

That's quite a bit of space then that they reserved just to do 'business'. Is this the extent of CM's advertising and distribution in the US then?

If they're in charge of everything, then how come Bohemia Interactive a.s. - whoever they are - got sent off to their own booth an aisle or two over and are not booth-sharing or subletting?

There are quite a number of other booths in Kentia Hall from countires and such looking to encourage investment and development. Also others like Ageia who target developers, not customers are there, they have the whole back corner, not far from the CM and BI a.s. booths.

Quote[/b] ]

As much as we'd love to shout from the rooftops our future plans

Sure you would. wink_o.gif Of course it makes sense to announce positive plans at E3 instead, and negative plans at a discrete time later.

Quote[/b] ]

(including this year's E3),

Well, you could give us some FUD like "well, we're going to E3, but just to conduct business for all the other secret studios you didn't know were apart of the BIS umbrella. That or it was the cheapest way to get a place for the powers that be to stay in LA while modeling in the CM booth." Sadly though it does seem that the booth demensions are too small for the tank.

Quote[/b] ]

I'm afraid we're too busy working hard making the PC sequel to Operation Flashpoint the best game it can possibly be.

"we're"... since when did you pick up a dev role instead of just PR? rock.gif Another fine piece of safely stating the obvious, we're all here on pins and needles because of how well OFP was made.

Quote[/b] ]

That said we may announce details about our plans for E3 next week.

"may"... nice way of leaving the entire universe for your wiggle room. On behalf of the greater community, I'd like to belatedly congratulate Marek and company for hiring a evidently talented and well qualified PR spin-master who continues to keep us all safely in the dark about whatever diabolically wonderful new creations you have hiding on your PC. biggrin_o.gif

I dont think placebo mentioned anywhere that hes a 'dev' , he just said it in a plural sense , when your part of a unit/team its all we , not i , he , him.

wink_o.gif

Lol! Conspiracy...I bet that when the BIS crew visits the forum, they laugh all the day! biggrin_o.gif

Now seriously...thanks placebo. smile_o.gif

The fact that you are working hard on OFP2 is enough for me to post on this foruns...something that im rarely doing latetly.

Again, my sincere apreciation for your statement.

Godspeed. wink_o.gif

wink_o.gif

So that means we will hear some news from ofp2 in E3?

well BIS well show something or they'll go cold like my nipples in Winter. Its just buisness, and no OFP2 news soon and allot of people are gonna start living and going to other games.

BTW, what does the a.s in Bohemia Interactive mean on the E3 list

I interrupt your hard work for a word from the cm....

As much as we'd love to hear something about your future plans (including this year's E3), I'm afraid we won`t get anything because you`re too lazy, making the PC sequel to Operation Flashpoint the best game it can possibly be.

Although your`e lazy developers, I`m sure, when you`ll make up your mind, we`ll hear something about E3 next week.

Now back to work! And don`t hurry wink_o.gif .......

more than 90 fantastic picks (most are 800x600 and 1024x768) click me blues.gif

but i would like to say, that in case of BF2, if BIS does not start to reveal something more palpably with OpF2 it will take out more and more players to BF2

and i do not mean only on people from this forum but any potential customer (read $50.oo each),

... and then again on the other side we have some placebo, or and more rearly Suma answers, with no official word either from BIS nor CM... crazy_o.gif

like i said somewere, i pray for any pick (previously demo)

75b324e295.gif

I think that people will start to modify BF2 to become OFP2 tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

... desperate time requires desparete actions biggrin_o.gif

But EA/DICE has said that BF2 will only support up to 4km maps, and that's absolutely unacceptable.

But EA/DICE has said that BF2 will only support up to 4km maps, and that's absolutely unacceptable.

4 km? Ha ha!

Anyway, it's of course absolutely unacceptable.

more than 90 fantastic picks (most are 800x600 and 1024x768) click me blues.gif

but i would like to say, that in case of BF2, if BIS does not start to reveal something more palpably with OpF2 it will take out more and more players to BF2

and i do not mean only on people from this forum but any potential customer (read $50.oo each),

... and then again on the other side we have some placebo, or and more rearly Suma answers, with no official word either from BIS nor CM... crazy_o.gif

like i said somewere, i pray for any pick (previously demo)

90 pics that are pretty... boring standard bang bang, jump jump, restricted FPS gaming! IMO. I'm hoping to be blown away by OFP2 when it finally arrives (which I have full confidence of it doing), that's why I won't be buying BF2. It'll only sit on my shelf gathering dust like the previous ones did before I managed to get rid of them!

[ot]

last OT BF2 comment... I'm no BF modder, I don't even have (or ever have had) the game or the demo. From the digging I've done so far, and maybe if there are any experienced BF modders/mappers they could confirm this, but there appears to be no scripting structure like we know and love in OFP. You can get at the object properties which are essentially like the OFP configs.cpp, but you're limited in adding functionality unless you go for a system mod. In OFP you can drop in addons and run with them, unless they're all rolled into a mod for bandwidth saturation.

Also found some explanations regarding the maps, and it's ugly all around. It uses several layers of heightmaps to achieve the high detail terrain, but at the cost of limited to claustrophobic areas. I suppose though that the seperate environment maps would facilitate easier conversion to alternate seasons/ruined themes. But the last layer is a static AI pathing alpha channel overlay. For all the complaints we have about the OFP AI in MOUT, at least it's dynamic.

So far I've seen no indication that BF2 will have a scripting system. The indications are also that they will not have truely dynamic terrain. (Z)oldner claimed to be headed in that direction, but something went totally wrong over there. Something in the Jowood koolaid I guess. From that alone I guess it is safe to say officially that BF2 sux0rs. tounge_o.gif

[/ot]

Quote[/b] ]

so... about that e3... it's next week now, spill the beans please. smile_o.gif

!!!!next week, next week, next week!!!!

!!!!Placebo, plans, plans, plans, came on!!!!

!!!!I'm going on travel from wensday to tuesday, so, plans, plans, plans, before wensday!!!!

PD: Yes, im excited. xmas_o.gif

!!!!I'm going on travel from wensday to tuesday, so, plans, plans, plans, before wensday!!!!

PD: Yes, im excited.  xmas_o.gif

Whoa! What a motivation for BIS! tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

Placebo do you see this? wink_o.gif

Anyway, Im with you Txalo blues.gif

PD: Yes, im excited. xmas_o.gif

Whoa! What a motivation for BIS! tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

Placebo do you see this? wink_o.gif

Anyway, Im with you Txalo blues.gif

I'm with the two guys above, and oh, did we told you to where we went? tounge_o.gif

bis_zima.jpg

nice, eh? hopefully they've got a few spare beds! but we shall find out that, and much more, "next week" tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]No wonder BIS are worried about Battlefield 2 - to get an audience interested you have to show them some kind of teaser to get them excited

Come on, how can you compare BF with OFP?

I'm sure BIS is not worried about (Fisher Price) Battlefield2, Both games have different audience.

4km map... tounge_o.gif